Windows 10: CodePlexProject Hosting for Open Source Software

Discus and support CodePlexProject Hosting for Open Source Software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; CodePlex is Microsoft's free open source project hosting site. You can create projects to share with the world, collaborate with others on their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cliff S, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

CodePlexProject Hosting for Open Source Software

Site

:)

Cliff S, Mar 15, 2015
  2. TOABill Win User

Windows 10 Multiplug.dll.gen.b infection

Kevin,

Happy to hear that the suggestion worked as well for you as it did for me. It seems that the anti-malware programs have a serious detection capability shortfall. They manage to find the malware after it is installed by the host software, but cannot identify
    the host program as the source. Your host had a different name than mine, so I suspect that the bad guys change the name of the host program frequently, perhaps even automatically.

If Microsoft security software personnel monitor this blogspace, I challenge them to find a way to locate the host software package by scanning its content so that it can be eliminated with Defender. If that is impractical, as a minimum, find a way to identify
    the host and inform the user so that the user can uninstall it.

Bill H.

TOABill, Mar 15, 2015
  3. Opening word documents on n900 using word to go

No, its not the difference between open source and commercial software.. the origin of the software has very little to do with its suitability..

If open office was close office and commerical it would still be unsuitable for most users..

The difference you quoted was that "open source" was difficult to use and commercial was better.. :

---

OpenOffice on the N900 needs a lot of space and takes an eternity to launch. And the UI requires a watchmakers loupe to navigate with the stylus. Compare that with QuickOffice on Symbian. This is a good example of the difference between open source and commercial
    software.

---

We could compare Sygic maps comercial with open source.. the open source version doesn't exist? again not entirely relevant..

Asking which will provide an office suite first, the open source community or a commercial software house isn't a comparison.. but is much more on topic.. and I doubt there'll be an open source solution before a commercial one.

the commercial one's are just a porting exercise... something they've done numerous times to bring their apps to the many phone platforms out there

cpitchford, Mar 15, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Uhhh... Codeplex has been around for 10+ years....

Mystere, Mar 15, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Yeah I know it's been around a while, but not that many people know it even exists, and I just stumbled across it again today(been quite a few years since I was there, and had almost forgotten about it*Redface).

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CodePlexProject Hosting for Open Source Software - Similar Threads - CodePlexProject Hosting Open

2. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  3. Kaizala Open source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  4. Kaizala Open source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  5. [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?: I need a fully free and best service against c cleaner software for windows 10. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/sfksuperman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlwhdx/ask_what_are_the_best_open_source_alternative_to/
  6. Best free and open source software available for Windows 10!

Best free and open source software available for Windows 10!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TechHutTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m96wz2/best_free_and_open_source_software_available_for/
  7. Open source software for "tracking" and data management?

Open source software for "tracking" and data management?: Can you recommend a software that I can use to manage data and track its progress, and which is easier on eyes than MS excel. I also want to create lists, graphs for comparison and personalize it for tables, background images, etc. submitted by /u/paperdoggy0 [link]...
  8. Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual studio community is free , open source or paid software: i downloaded visual studio community as i can't find separate applications for c,cpp and visual studio . i am a computer student. i downloaded it because i thought it was free, open source. [ATTACH] But in visual studio community, this shows like this : [ATTACH] This...
  9. Open Source Project

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Open Source Project: Hello ! I have created a new file format with compressed animation. This is an Open Source project. I have an editor and viewer written. I have an Open Source certificate. Can I put my editor and viewer in the MicroSoft Store ? Of course for free ;-...
  10. Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft uses open-source software to create Windows: Microsoft hasn't just become an enthusiastic open-source user; the company is now using the Git version control system to build Windows itself. The once prime example of proprietary software development is now relying on open source to create its trademark operating system....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CodePlex projekt Hosting for open Saurce Software