Windows 10: Coinminers - Background running offline ???

Discus and support Coinminers - Background running offline ??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there can these coinminers or whatever they are called run in the background even when you are offline. From what I gather these are algorithms so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbo45, Jul 31, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Coinminers - Background running offline ???

Hi there
    can these coinminers or whatever they are called run in the background even when you are offline.

From what I gather these are algorithms so presumably there's a lot of mathematical stuff they can do without needing to be connected to the Internet.

Is this true or do you actually need to be connected to Internet for these things to actually do their business -- of course eventually the "target account" must be loaded with any bit coins generated - that's another issue though.

If these things can run 100% offline do current A/V programs work to root these out.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 31, 2018

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Coinminers - Background running offline ???

Apps running in Background

Hi JonBlann,

Windows 10 allows some apps to run in the background even if you never open it. This would let the applications to update itself or to get you notified with what's new with the app. However, this would consume most of your battery, bandwidth, and system
    resources.

You can refer to the steps below on how to disable apps from running in the background:

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
    • Under Background apps, toggle off the Let apps run in the background switch to disable all apps that come from Microsoft Store. If you want to disable only a specific app, then you can toggle off the switch next to the
      app under Choose which app can run in the background.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Coinminers - Background running offline ???

1. Coinminers - Background running offline ??? - Similar Threads - Coinminers Background running

2. Get rid of COINMINER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of COINMINER?: I saw that we can get help removing coinminer here, and I am quite sick of seeing it appear. If I can get help with this i would appreciate it. Here are the logs from FRST.https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/i8dlqhkcwwq34llqkaz74/h?rlkey=r1j0uxnqure9b370rstd3luqo&dl=0...
  3. Get rid of COINMINER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of COINMINER?: I saw that we can get help removing coinminer here, and I am quite sick of seeing it appear. If I can get help with this i would appreciate it. Here are the logs from FRST.https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/i8dlqhkcwwq34llqkaz74/h?rlkey=r1j0uxnqure9b370rstd3luqo&dl=0...
  4. Get rid of COINMINER?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Win32/Coinminer

Win32/Coinminer: Few days ago i downloaded a file game but I think it had virus. So after installing it till now windows defender finds a threat basically when I on the system. Its Win32/Coinminer. I did the full scan in windows defender quite a few time but it doesn't,find a threat almost...
  6. Trojan/coinminer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trojan/coinminer: My pc is about 3 years old now and this is the first time something like this has happend to me my antivirus the one that u have on your pc from the get go with windows 10 starter saying mu pc had trojan coinminer i tried to use the remove option and og course that disnt work...
  7. PUA:Win32/CoinMiner

PUA:Win32/CoinMiner: PUA: Win32 / CoinMineromo resolvedor PUA: Win32 / CoinMiner no Windows Defender Obrigado Fernando Ramalho https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/puawin32coinminer/8d0986eb-3411-4959-9ff9-7ae2dab17e39
  8. Mail not running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not running in background: So the Mail app has stopped checking for new messages in the background. Now it only gives me new mail notifications AFTER I open the app. Kind of defeats the point of notifications. Anyone know why it could have stopped working and how to fix it?...
  9. Apps running in background .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running in background .: I would like to stop the possibility of certain programs to run in the windows background. How can I do that? I stopped everything from Task Manager - Startup, but it did not work. Always when I open the computer or give it a restart, the same programs run in the...
  10. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...