Windows 10: Cold boot issues

Discus and support Cold boot issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Joshy, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Joshy Win User

Cold boot issues

Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive dumps on the process.

This PC has Windows 10 Pro 64 bit installed in UEFI mode last week, with all the correct drivers.

010517-31765-01.7z

:)

Joshy, Jan 4, 2017
  2. tac216 Win User

How to start Windows 10 in Safe mode with networking outside of Windows environment?

What I believe the question to be is how to boot DIRECTLY into safe mode as in a cold boot, not a restart. I am having an issue where W10 is literally stalling at the loading screen and I also need a way to boot Windows into safe mode from a cold boot.

tac216, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Problem with PCSuite backup files

What is NOKI???

And have you tried a cold-boot of you phone before restoring the backup?

I had my phone updated, and the ONLY way the get the backup restored was to perform a cold-boot before restoring. I had the same issues like you.

doezel---01, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Cold boot issues

As it is having problems starting have you tried Startup Repair? if that fails can you tried Windows 10 "Reset this PC"?

Caledon Ken, Jan 7, 2017
  5. Joshy Win User
    No, I haven't tried it yet, the pc is stable and right now i can't afford more downtime on this machine, when i have the time i will backup everything and give that a try or even a clean install.

Joshy, Jan 7, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jan 9, 2017
  7. Joshy Win User
    So finally had opportunity to test this, and it completely solved my problem. Thanks.

Joshy, Jan 25, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

Cold boot issues

Excellent! Nice to win one once in a while *Smile

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cold boot issues

1. Cold boot issues - Similar Threads - Cold boot issues

2. BSOD upon Win 11 Cold boot, then no issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon Win 11 Cold boot, then no issues: Hi,I would like help to diagnose why my Win 11 computer from a few months ago will go into a BSOD reboot whenever I switch it on. The reboot happens without me having to log into the system. Upon reboot, the pictorial login screen that originally loads comes up as a blue...
  3. BSOD upon Win 11 Cold boot, then no issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon Win 11 Cold boot, then no issues: Hi,I would like help to diagnose why my Win 11 computer from a few months ago will go into a BSOD reboot whenever I switch it on. The reboot happens without me having to log into the system. Upon reboot, the pictorial login screen that originally loads comes up as a blue...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  5. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  6. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Z370 Cold boot issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Z370 Cold boot issue: Hello all it's been a while. I hope you're all well. I'll apologize in advanced as this will have you scratching your heads. I recently upgraded and since day 1 I've had trouble with cold boots, restarts are fine but if I shut down my pc and leave it for 15 minutes it won't...
  8. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  9. BSOD at every cold boot

BSOD at every cold boot: Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot. This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is: MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene CPU: Intel i5-6600k RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition Windows 10 Pro 64bit Hoping this is...
  10. sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues: HP 8540w laptop, W10 up to date (14393-693), power config high performance, shutdown on lid close, sleep on power button, no devices wake computer except mouse and keyboard. Started with two issues: 1; Computer restarts immediately after a shutdown or sleep command. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd nvme cold boot problem