Windows 10: cold starts having issues to load win10 properly, takes very long etc

Discus and support cold starts having issues to load win10 properly, takes very long etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey everyone, first of all, if this topic happens to be in the wrong section or if the title isn't clear enough please feel free to move / edit it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smallfoe, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Smallfoe Win User

cold starts having issues to load win10 properly, takes very long etc

hey everyone,

first of all, if this topic happens to be in the wrong section or if the title isn't clear enough please feel free to move / edit it.

Alright so here's the thing. Whenever i do a cold start (that means turning on computer when it was completly down) it takes several minutes to finish booting. The first sign for it is (always) at the start screen taking ages, the taskbar isn't loaded properly (meaning all the stuff i got fixed there isnt shown, volume, internet etc isn't there aswell).

So when its done loading and booting i usualy can do whatever i want without any issues BUT left or right clicking onto the volume control since this won't do anything. Sound and stuff is still there and working properly and i can adjust it as i please if i open the options from another place (like system) but thats about it.

When i do a regular restart, everything is "fixed" and the reboot just takes a few seconds which it used to be before.

So what happend? I don't know ^^ I just made a fresh windows installation after 2 years because the system became unstable (kernel id 41 crash on a regular basis, had one 2 days ago too).

I never had those issues before i made the fresh installation so all that just came up with the new one.
    I'd be realy happy if i can find a solution and a fix for my problem.

Thanks alot in advance.

:)

Smallfoe, Sep 1, 2018

2. Win10 will ALWAYS freeze at the loading screen on cold boot, resetting after the freeze fixes it and it runs fine. How do I access what it is trying to load in the background?

Sorry for the long delay, ended up on the road for a while.

Ran the Win10 DVD, did the start up repair and it said it was unable to repair any problems.

The computer still (from a cold boot) locks up during the spinning beads loading screen. You reset it (not a hard power off, just a reset) and it loads 100% fine, no chkdisk, no errors, like nothing happened. It you choose "restart" from in windows it also
    reboots with no issues. It's only from a cold boot.

Ideas?

NorthernRanger, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Issues with using Cold Turkey and getting error message "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cold Turkey\web\stats.pol' is denied.".

Hi Aaron,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in app settings or app is not installed properly.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application", are you getting any error code along with the error message?
    • When you say that "installed a productivity app on my laptop called Cold Turkey", have you downloaded the app from Windows Store?

I suggest you to follow the methods below to uninstall the app and then try to reinstall the app from Windows Store. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to uninstall the
    Cold Turkey from apps settings.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on System.

4. Click on Apps and features.

5. Search for Cold Turkey app and click on it.

6. Then click on Remove to uninstall the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to reinstall the Cold Turkey app from the Windows Store and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/music/album/beki-****/cold-turkey/8d6kgx6n8q0m

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with using Cold turkey on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 1, 2018
  4. cold starts having issues to load win10 properly, takes very long etc

Win10 will ALWAYS freeze at the loading screen on cold boot, resetting after the freeze fixes it and it runs fine. How do I access what it is trying to load in the background?

The subject says it all. It will 100% of the time freeze with the spinning beads loading screen on cold boot. I have to hit the reset button on my tower and then it loads into windows just fine. Choosing "restart" from inside windows itself also boots without
    issue.

What I need is a diagnostic boot screen like used to be in WinXP. Where I can see the list of drivers\services being loading one by one and wait to see which one it "freezes" at on cold boot. I can't seem to "see behind" the Win10 load GUI load screen (unchecking
    GUI boot didn't help in MsConfig).

Any ideas on what the problem may be and if not HOW do I see what it's freezing at? Thanks!!

NorthernRanger, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

cold starts having issues to load win10 properly, takes very long etc

1. cold starts having issues to load win10 properly, takes very long etc - Similar Threads - cold starts having

2. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  3. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  4. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  5. Videos take very long to start playing

Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  6. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10, Certain .exe files taking very long to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, Certain .exe files taking very long to load: Hello, I have been having a problem for a while with my Windows 10 PC. As the title says, certain .exes, most commonly install files, take a rather long while to run--sometimes taking more than five minutes just to ask for administrative privileges. They run fairly fine and...
  8. video taking very long time to start playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    video taking very long time to start playing: Is it a hardware problem? Or is it normal ? I have some videos on a spinning hard drive, I tried to play back one of it, it's not large, probably 2-3GB in size, but the default windows player kept me waiting at least 30 seconds before it starts to playback. System, intel i5...
  9. Searching for updates takes very long

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Searching for updates takes very long: Hi, Since today manually searching for updates takes unusually long. Is something wrong with the microsoft servers at the moment? Anyone else have that problem? Was planning to set up my laptop today but I will wait a bit if the update servers are wonky right now. 84565
  10. Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start: The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The latter is particularly stupid when you consider that Windows and the Store app install all apps to the This PC (aka the C:...