Windows 10: Color displayed does not reflect actual colors? (read description)

Discus and support Color displayed does not reflect actual colors? (read description) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think a good thing to try would be to reset your monitor's and graphic card's settings to defaults and make sure they are not using any "movie" or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheDeerDude, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Color displayed does not reflect actual colors? (read description)

I think a good thing to try would be to reset your monitor's and graphic card's settings to defaults and make sure they are not using any "movie" or "game" or "reading" mode/presets. These days the default configuration should be fairly close to "okay"

Also, it can depend on what type of monitor you are using - some different panel types are better at displaying colors/contrast than others.

TheDeerDude, Apr 4, 2018

2. Hi everyone, I'm not super tech savvy, but I give it my best to describe my issue;

I work in Photoshop for my online class, and most of the time my teacher has been saying my projects were pretty saturated. I didn't understand why as my screen shows the colors to be pretty light (I'll post some examples here). Later when working on an assignment, I switched to another computer and saw one of my projects; I had to redo all the colors.

My question is: is there a way to fix my display so that it's more reflective of what the colors actually are?

Thanks!

ex: 1 is my final, not sure it's super dark or not, but on my display it looks quite on the pastel side, especially 2 where the colors are super bright, but what I initially wanted after switching computers. 3 was what I originally started with, thinking the colors were brighter, but apparently are dark and don't look very good.

Color displayed does not reflect actual colors? (read description) [​IMG]

:)

SeveredInk, Apr 10, 2018
  3. a4ko---01 Win User
    Nokia 5800 XM display problem

Second time in Nokia Care and my 5800XM phone is finally fixed. No more color changing. The phone display was changed. It was a hardware problem after all. And here comes another problem - new display is not so good as the old one. It has poor color representation
    and picture feels like on an old reflective display.

a4ko---01, Apr 10, 2018
  4. Anubis23 Win User

Color displayed does not reflect actual colors? (read description)

Desktop Black Wallpaper Won't Change (Windows 10)

This same thing has happened to me, except I can change my theme and the accent colors around windows, taskbar, tiles, and smart menu also changes to reflect the theme and the desktop picture color, however for me, my actual wallpaper is not when I assigned
    it, it is black. I can change to different themes fine, but the wallpaper does not change, I can assigned wallpapers manual via "set as wallpaper" but my desktop wallpaper does not change at all.... it remains black, I can swap to solid colors from the background
    menu, but when I change to picture for a wallpaper it is black and no wallpaper is display, just black.

ALSO: I did a clean re-install hoping it would fix it, but no, it is not fixed which is breaking my mind..... A full reformat, re-install of windows 10 and the problem is persistent from the beginning? is this a Microsoft account error problem of some sort??

Anubis23, Apr 10, 2018
  5. bro67 Win User
    GPU's and monitors are always going to display colors differently if not properly calibrated.

bro67, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

Color displayed does not reflect actual colors? (read description)

1. Color displayed does not reflect actual colors? (read description) - Similar Threads - Color displayed does

2. Display color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display color: Everything on my desktop has turned the color of beige. All folders open in beigey-white with darker beige framework. This is also happening with all Internet windows and the task bar has gone beige as well. I have no idea how this happened.I'd appreciate some advice as to...
  3. Display color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display color: Everything on my desktop has turned the color of beige. All folders open in beigey-white with darker beige framework. This is also happening with all Internet windows and the task bar has gone beige as well. I have no idea how this happened.I'd appreciate some advice as to...
  4. color of display

in Windows 10 Customization
    color of display: I have a lenov ideapad s145 and it has a yellow tint on every white color. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-of-display/97f33bea-c76b-4ab5-af99-321ca244a124
  5. Display Colors

Display Colors: Why did Microsoft mess with the colors??? I had them perfect for me, now they are awful no matter what I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-colors/a11e496a-f648-4667-bde9-07065f08e9e5
  6. color of display

color of display: I have a new Lenovo laptop. I am dissatisfied wih the way the colors appear on the screen. They look browned out. Not true to the colors as they usually look on my other devices. Adjusting the brightness did not help. I want true blue, yellow, red, etc....
  7. Integrated Camera does not display color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Camera does not display color: My integrated camera on my Thinkpad P53 displays in black & white only, no color. This is the first time I have used the camera. I have the current hardware driver. Windows 10 updates are current. What am I missing? I have not seen a black & white camera on a laptop for...
  8. Color Display

Color Display: I'm sure there's a simple fix to this, but I'm stumped. I closed out of a PDF Converter that automatically popped up when I'm online. When I did, all the colors on my computer went to black. I managed to fix my desktop, tool bar, and internet colors. However, the...
  9. display color

display color: my daughter changed so much on my display that the colors are off. I have recovered to factory settings 2x but still no help the colors are so off im not sure what they were originally which I am looking for. any suggestions...
  10. display colors

display colors: When i upgraded to windows 10 on my toshiba laptop the display changed from black printing on a white background to blue printing on a black background which i can"t read. my old eyes aren't working so well any more and i would like to switch back to the black on white. a...