Windows 10: Color Managment not working as it should using multiple screens

Discus and support Color Managment not working as it should using multiple screens in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey I have multiple problems so I'll try to list them all TL: DR Does any1 know a 3rd party software that can force apply profiles to monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dariusz, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Dariusz Win User

Color Managment not working as it should using multiple screens

Hey

I have multiple problems so I'll try to list them all

TL: DR Does any1 know a 3rd party software that can force apply profiles to monitors and remember their hardware ID + "if possible" not break windows 10 Classic Photo Viewer gamma settings like?

Here is the issue. I have 4 screens, but most of the time 3 of them are enabled and 1 in "Display settings > monitior>Disconnect This Display" until I need it at which point I reconnect it.

Here is how my color managment looks and work at 50% when all 4 monitors are connected:

Color Managment not working as it should using multiple screens [​IMG]

Now when I go to Display Settings>Multiple Displays>Disconnect this display (display 4)
    I got this in my color managment:

Color Managment not working as it should using multiple screens [​IMG]

Once that happen 2 of my monitors have incorrect profiles and 3rd one goes at random.

The problem is "I believe" in the fact that windows do not remember correctly what monitor ID/hardware ID goes to what profile etc etc. "No UUID system I take?" In any case I tried setting it up and fixing it. When I get it to work, and I need to do some crazy changes over there like apply wrong profiles to wrong monitors because they are incorrectly linked and wrongly displayed. Like if my monitor on left is labeled 1|2 but only way to change that profile is to apply profile to 4|5 one. Its just messed up 3 way to hell. We also have duplicate of 3|4 twice! Incorrect!

However when I get it to work. Its good. at 50% (I will explain why 50% in a sec) Anyway when we go to 4 screens> Reconnect all monitors again. The ICC profiles are screwed up again and incorrect. Then need to be adjusted again ! I connect/disconnect extra display 1-2 days a day or less. Its a tricky I like to be efficient and there is no need for £2.5k display to be on at all time displaying black and damaging itself.

Ok now to the 50% when I apply any profile to my monitors the Classic Windows Preview mode (The one that we had in windows 7, the windows 10 preview more is unusable due to the way it switches between images. If I want to compare detail I need image to flicked on/off instantly. Not show me pretty animation of sliding image left to right. Me as photographer can't compare rubbish on that.) anyway when I apply profile the Windows Preview Viewer fall back to Linear gamma not SRG gamma. Making the image very back and incorrect. I read that this is a bug due to changing profiles and as far as I can see it has not been fixed for 7 years now.

Bottom line. Does any1 know a reliable 3rd party software that will remember ID of screen and then force apply my specific profile to it regardless of how many monitors are connected at a time?

Regards

:)

Dariusz, Nov 28, 2016

2. nokia n91 not working as it should

It appears that something has gone bad for your Hard Drive.

Try this:

Turn on the phone with the battery cover off.

Does it work?, the Hard Drive will be unaccessible but this should allow you to check if other things are ok.

If the phone doesn't work at all even with the battery cover off then you have some other problem and you might need to take it back for service.

If it works then something has gone wrong in the Hard Drive and you need to a) Format it, b) take it back to Nokia repair.

Doing a reset of the device by using *#7370# will clear all the phone memory. COntacts, messages, programs, themes, etc. it will also delete any DRM information if you have some protected content like the pre-loaded songs or videos.

The other reset method is to hold down *, Green and 3 and then press power, keep holding down the three keys until you see the hands shake. It works if you get the screen to select the country. This will delete more things than the soft reset above.

el_loco---01, Nov 28, 2016
  3. nokia n91 not working as it should

well i havent installed any application or themes on it, and i have the problem.

raeesgillani, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

Color Managment not working as it should using multiple screens

1. Color Managment not working as it should using multiple screens - Similar Threads - Color Managment working

2. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  3. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  4. Should I use a password manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I use a password manager?: Should I use a password manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-a-password-manager/29a85367-d5d8-4c6f-beab-74122da298b3
  5. Should I use a password manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I use a password manager?: Should I use a password manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-a-password-manager/29a85367-d5d8-4c6f-beab-74122da298b3
  6. Manage applications on multiple screens.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Manage applications on multiple screens.: Hi, I have two screens set to "Extended" on my PC. And I want to configure some applications to run by default on the primary monitor and others on the secondary monitor. Is this possible?...
  7. Color Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Management: color management; my printer will copy a colored page but the colored pages in the applications print only black and white. How to I set my color management back to color? The provision for setting it to color small tick box is even absent from the sending it back setup...
  8. color management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    color management: I asked this question a few days ago and cannot find the response (sorry) I have a laptop monitor and I have a slave monitor so I can see my photos in a larger format. They do not seem to be syncing screen color density. Any ideas for adjustment? Felicia...
  9. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  10. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...