Windows 10: color of desktop icon titles

Discus and support color of desktop icon titles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know! The answer is here on some page....but I seem to have white letters on a white background on the desktop. How to I bring color to the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Klacy, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Klacy Win User

color of desktop icon titles

I know! The answer is here on some page....but I seem to have white letters on a white background on the desktop. How to I bring color to the icon titles? Thanks.

:)

Klacy, Sep 11, 2016

2. how do I change font color for desktop icons

Original Title: Font colors

how do I change font color for desktop icons in windows 10?

RogerDickey, Sep 11, 2016
  3. JimLoeb Win User
    windows 10 after sleep wake up, my screen is black, and the desktop icons a colored white, not in color.

wind 10 after sleep wake up, my screen is black, and the desktop icons a colored white, not in color. some icons in taskbar are missing along with the windows button. However I can point mouse where the windows key should be I can clik on power button,
    and restart. after restart. my normal desktop screen appears. What's up??

Original Title: jim l

JimLoeb, Sep 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Could you post a screenshot please?

dalchina, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Klacy Win User
    Sorry - it pasted in large and then went tiny.....I highlighted a few icons, but you can tell I have them scattered, and now that I've eliminated that fuzzy shadow, the white letters are on a white background. How to I change the color of the titles? Thanks!!

color of desktop icon titles [​IMG]

Klacy, Sep 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Whilst the colour of the desktop font seems not to be under user control as it was in Win 7, from what I recall, it was meant to change dynamically to be more visible - at least in older Windows editions.

There is a fudge for Win 10-
    Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option - Windows 10 Forums

Another aspect of this is- Do you have drop shadows for icon labels enabled? It doesn't look as if you do.

color of desktop icon titles [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  7. Klacy Win User
    Thanks thanks thanks - I knew this once upon a time.....so even though this fix doesn't hold, it can be reset.

Klacy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. color of desktop icon titles - Similar Threads - color desktop icon

2. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  3. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  4. desktop icon color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon color: hello i would like to ask about desktop icon`s color.since i have upgraded on win11 when i tap one time with the mouse on the icon the color of the icon became a trasparent white but i would like to change..since my image is light......
  5. desktop icon color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icon color: hello i would like to ask about desktop icon`s color.since i have upgraded on win11 when i tap one time with the mouse on the icon the color of the icon became a trasparent white but i would like to change..since my image is light......
  6. desktop icon title wrap bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop icon title wrap bug: I have this weird bug that the title wrap in desktop icons fail to wrap correctly and cutting words rendomly in the middle of them insted of every word... didnt touch on registery or anything.. someone saw this bug and know how to fix it? thanks in advence :) submitted...
  7. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  8. desktop icons do not show titles

desktop icons do not show titles: When I boot up my machine sometimes my desktop icons are not showing the titles and when I click the icon the screen is blank. I have to reboot to get them to show and work. I have windows 10 64bit...
  9. Desktop weird icons with no Title

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop weird icons with no Title: Hey guys, Today, I see 2 icons which have no title and whenever I delete them it come back when I refresh desktop. [img] Regards. 84112
  10. color icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    color icons on desktop: Many icons on my desktop have no color and these seem to be the ones that keep moving around when the machine is shut down. Anybody have any suggestions? 59589