Windows 10: Color of Flash Drive Insert

Discus and support Color of Flash Drive Insert in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I realize this has nothing to do with Win 10 but I can think of nowhere else to ask this question and I will appreciate your help. I have a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJG10, Feb 16, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Color of Flash Drive Insert

I realize this has nothing to do with Win 10 but I can think of nowhere else to ask this question and I will appreciate your help.

I have a USB flash drive whose insert is bright red, the first I've ever seen. I believe blue indicates it is at least a USB 2 device but have no idea what red means in this case. (On a port I think it means that port can supply more that the usual amount of power.)

If someone would tell me what it means of the drive itself I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Feb 16, 2018

2. Advanced start up option in windows 10 pro

Even in command prompt i cannot boot in advanced startup option. and everytime i insert or remove flash drive or external hard drive, it will change color (the screen) while removing the drive. SO what i did, i clean install windows 10 pro.. And thank
    you for the help.

GeorgePakal, Feb 16, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    flash drive insertion

Go to Settings > Devices > Autoplay and choose what you want to happen when you insert a removable drive.

BulldogXX, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Color of Flash Drive Insert

The USB-IF only specifies using blue to indicate USB 3.1 type-A plugs/receptacles, and that's just a recommendation. All other coloring is manufacturer-dependent.

PolarNettles, Feb 16, 2018
  5. Plankton Win User
    At first they were all black and the standard was usb 1.0. Then USB 2.0 came out and those are black and red. Then USB 3.0 which is blue. The 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 designate data transfer speed rate. Here's a video explaining it....it's not a bad explanation.

[youtube]wtZDq4C5RLQ[/youtube]

Plankton, Feb 16, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    I would not take much notice of the Colour. There is a nominal colour code but this is not adhered to in many cases. Type-A connectors. These days 'fashion' colours may apply, go faster Red for gamers etc.
    Black or white, is USB 1.1, USB 2.0
    Blue, is USB 3.0
    Look in the connectors USB 3.0 has an extra row of 5 contacts, and USB socket labelling.
    USB - Wikipedia

Helmut, Feb 16, 2018
  7. You can't depend on color. The USB 3.1 ports on my laptop are all black.

The USB spec only recommends (i.e. does not require) blue to differentiate between 2.0 and 3.1 receptacles. In practice the device manufacturer can use whatever colors they want.

PolarNettles, Feb 16, 2018
  8. CountMike New Member

If you are talking about flash drives and not USB connectors on MB/Laptop than colors are not set according to type. I have USB3,1 drive with black insert and USB2 flash drives with white inserts for which I'm thankful because orientation is easier to see.

CountMike, Feb 16, 2018
  9. CountMike New Member
    If you are talking about flash drives and not USB connectors on MB/Laptop than colors are not set according to type. I have USB3,1 drive with black insert and USB2 flash drives with white inserts for which I'm thankful because orientation is easier to see.
    Ps. on my MB 3.1 USB ports are red.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Color of Flash Drive Insert - Similar Threads - Color Flash Drive

2. flash drive does not show when inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flash drive does not show when inserted: how to get flash drive to show when inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-does-not-show-when-inserted/23a8102d-849c-4cce-bd8e-47cb64db5375
  3. flash drive does not show when inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flash drive does not show when inserted: how to get flash drive to show when inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-does-not-show-when-inserted/23a8102d-849c-4cce-bd8e-47cb64db5375
  4. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted: So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the...
  5. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted: So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the...
  6. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Screen flashes inverted colors when entering folders or inserting a USB.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flashes inverted colors when entering folders or inserting a USB.: Hey, Im having an issue where if I insert a USB into my PC it flashes inverted colors or enter a folder. I have some footage of this happening to prove this. This can't be the monitor glitching because my recording software can see it too. Folder Flashes:...
  8. USB Flash drive please insert a disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash drive please insert a disk: Usb flash drive please insert a disk, tried different computers. Updated drivers. Changed drive letter. Uninstalled driver and reinstalled. Checked for updates. Ran troubleshooter. Please help I have a document I really need.......
  9. Computer Flashing Colors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Flashing Colors: Hello So my computer is flashing green colors all over the place, I can use the computer but if I go too long it freezes with a bunch of random colors on the screen, I can still see windows but I can't do any inputs or open task manager, PLEASE HELP! I've been dealing this...
  10. Flashing color screens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flashing color screens: This seems to be an ongoing issue with Microsoft, isn't there a fix for these flashing colors,everyone has tried all the fixes suggested and nothing seems to fix the problem....how do we get this issue resolved?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flash drive insert color