Windows 10: Color Profile

Discus and support Color Profile in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Clint, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

Color Profile

How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell.

:)

Clint, Oct 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 - desktop background not using color profiles

Windows 10 is not properly using embedded color profiles for pictures displayed on the desktop background.

I have a high-end NEC monitor with color calibration software. Monitor is calibrated and color profile is created and assigned to display. I use Lightroom to generate JPG files from RAW photos. Lightroom embeds a color profile into the JPGs. Regardless
    of whether I embed sRGB, AdobeRGB, or my monitor's ICC profile in the JPG files, I get the same result. Specifically, Adobe Acrobat, Windows Photo, Microsoft Paint, FastStone Photo Viewer, and Lightroom - all display the colors correctly. However, when I
    set the same file as a Desktop Background, it is displayed with heavily oversaturated colors indicating that it is not properly using the embedded color profile.

Please help. Thanks, Don

DonAndrews999, Oct 27, 2017
  3. icc color profile resetting in Win 10

There are defaults, and then there are system defaults. The system defaults are a completely separate set of color profiles. If you created a new account in Windows, that account's color profile would be whatever the system default is. When your
    default color profile selection is overridden, based upon my limited testing, it is the system default profile that is put in place.

To set the system default, go into Color Management. Along the top edge, there are tabs for "Devices", "All Profiles", and "Advanced". Go to "Advanced". All the way at the bottom of the window is a button for "Change system defaults...". Click on that
    button. This will open a whole new Color Management window that looks identical to the first, except the color profiles you see in it will likely be different. Set your preferred profile as the default here, in this second window, and see if you continue
    having issues in the future, please.

Paul Golabowski, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Color Profile

Please, elaborate...

Edwin, Oct 27, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I believe he means these:

Color Profile [​IMG]

Personally I use the ones for each of my monitors, and then calibrate(for daytime and night time ambient lighting use) using my NVIDIA Control Panel for the GTX 1080.

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2017
  6. Clint Win User
    Yes, that is what I mean.

Color Profile [​IMG]

Color Profile [​IMG]

Color Profile [​IMG]

Clint, Oct 28, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Clint I recommend against playing with the color profiles, Windows manages them just fine.
    When you connect a new monitor, Windows searches the Microsoft servers for the best basic ones. Most monitors these days come with a software & drivers disk(or you can download them at the manufacturers site), after the drivers are installed Windows will use those.

You can use the software(like Display pilot in my case), to adjust the color, black level, white saturation, and so on. Or you can use your graphics cards software, NVIDIA Control Panel to make those adjustments.

In any case, these changes will be saved to the Color Profile in Windows Control Panel, as you can see my saved personal profiles here(one is orange highlighted)

Color Profile [​IMG]

Some of these profiles are from my 4K monitors software & drivers:

Color Profile [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Color Profile

1. Color Profile - Similar Threads - Color Profile

2. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  3. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  4. Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own: Hello,I have an issue, where when I boot to Windows, I can see that the colors on my display are way off. Then I open the settings app, go to System -> Display, and the correct color profile applies. After I close the Settings app and re-open it at any point, it changes again...
  5. Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own

Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own: Hello,I have an issue, where when I boot to Windows, I can see that the colors on my display are way off. Then I open the settings app, go to System -> Display, and the correct color profile applies. After I close the Settings app and re-open it at any point, it changes again...
  6. Windows 10/11 changes display color profile on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Problem printing pictures with embed Adobe RGB profile color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem printing pictures with embed Adobe RGB profile color: I have several pictures to print on Windows 11, some with embed sRGB color profile and some with embed AdobeRGB 1998 profile. If i open the pictures with photo viewer i can see them correctly but when i go to print them the "print pictures" preview doesn't show correctly the...
  8. Problem printing pictures with embed Adobe RGB profile color

Problem printing pictures with embed Adobe RGB profile color: I have several pictures to print on Windows 11, some with embed sRGB color profile and some with embed AdobeRGB 1998 profile. If i open the pictures with photo viewer i can see them correctly but when i go to print them the "print pictures" preview doesn't show correctly the...
  9. Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors: Hello community,i am struggling with this issue since some time now.I started my journey here where i asked why my Photo Viewer app is showing broken...
  10. Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors

Windows Photo App - Corsair ICC profile - Viewer showing wrong colors: Hello community,i am struggling with this issue since some time now.I started my journey here where i asked why my Photo Viewer app is showing broken...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 systemsettingsbroker color profile