Windows 10: Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink)

Discus and support Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, so with help from Edwin on how he made his custom dark theme for his Windows 10 layout, which he gave me tips in this post here: Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by heyyahblah, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink)

Hey, so with help from Edwin on how he made his custom dark theme for his Windows 10 layout, which he gave me tips in this post here:
    Windows 10 build 10162 Released - Page 25 - Windows 10 Forums

I decided to play around with the code he posted and I made a theme code that gives COLORED title bars and that cool little Windows 8 border around the Windows that we had in W8. (Edwin has this too). Since you cannot customize W10 anymore with colors and title bars I took matter into my own hands to make the O/S more easier on the eyes for those that hate the plain white title bars everywhere. This will work on all Windows, except for all the CRAPPs (APP store). They will still have the white border on top with colored sides. Nothing I can do about that. But that doesn't bother me since I won't be using them and with help from KARI I got rid of a majority of them via powershell command. (Thanks Kari). I tell you getting rid of the apps makes the O/S that much better.

Please note that this is a WIP, and if I can iron out what causes the other settings I will let you know. So far what this does is bring color back to the title bars of Windows, however its not a 100% match. But that shouldn't bother anyone.

Bugs or what it doesn't do:
    • Doesn't change the white border for APPS but gives them side borders.
    • Text on the taskbar changes from white to black instead of staying white.
    • Color doesn't match 100%, there is a slight visual difference.

I will show some screenshots and post. If anyone is interested in me posting the .ZIP for this, please let me know as I don't want to go against forum rules. You can edit the .theme file via notepad and if you can iron those things out, even better and thanks for the help.

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep the text white at the task bar (because it changes to black) but that only happens when you change taskbar buttons to: Combine when full. If you leave it at Hide all labels then you are fine. That's the little problem I'm having right now.

Thanks to Edwin for the tips, Shawn for Personalization (Classic) Menu, Brink for posting links/tips, Kari for powershell command to rid of apps. Appreciate all the help from you guys.

Thanks.

(Before)

Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink) [​IMG]

(After)

:)

heyyahblah, Jul 5, 2015
  2. Yuoaman Win User

Title bars not colored correctly.

I have Windows 10 set to automatically pick an accent color from my background, which is a slideshow that changes every ten minutes. The problem I am having, however, is that now and again the title bars (not the taskbar or anything else affected by the
    accent color) will become grey and will only change if I manually click "Next desktop background" a few times. This was not the case before I updated to the Anniversary update yesterday, where the accent color feature was working as intended.

Yuoaman, Jul 5, 2015
  3. Title bars not colored correctly.

Hi,

In some cases, if the wallpaper transition animation fails for some reason the color change will not occur. You can work around this by unticking "Animate controls and elements inside windows" option at the top of the Performance Options in Control panel.

You may also try to perform a clean boot. Please refer to this
    LINK
    for the steps.

If you need further assistance, feel free to post.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 5, 2015
  4. Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink)

<reserved for links> <code>

heyyahblah, Jul 5, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    My 'GMG' Theme, (Gun Metal Grey)
    Gotta use UXStyle to get white title bar text though!

Edwin, Jul 6, 2015
  6. Looks sleek. I like it. At least we are able to customize it. Last step is to somehow increase the font size of the Start Menu, or at least bold the text. I don't like the 8pt Start Menu at 1920x1080p.

heyyahblah, Jul 6, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm currently working on a version of this that will just use a modified aerolite.theme that can be installed for current or all users.

It's working great, but performs the same as above. I should have a tutorial up for this later today. I'll post back with a link when it's ready.

Brink, Jul 6, 2015
  8. Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink)

Cool, thanks that sounds great *Smile. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

PS. What is the difference between aero & aerolite theme?

heyyahblah, Jul 6, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

Edwin, Jul 6, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 6, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    Works in 10166. *Thumbs

Winuser, Jul 8, 2015
  12. Thank you for the confirmation, that is much appreciated to know it has not been disabled.

heyyahblah, Jul 8, 2015
  13. IVO
    Ivo Win User

Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink)

Does this make the title bars different color for active and inactive windows?

14. Edwin New Member
    No, but it fades the title itself, least on my machine.

Edwin, Jul 9, 2015
  15. besb Win User
    *Ditto
    text goes from black to grey in title bar for inactive
    border is lighter in inactive

Thema:

Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink)

1. Colored Title Bars (Thanks to Edwin/Brink) - Similar Threads - Colored Title Bars

2. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  3. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  4. Settings App title bar color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App title bar color: Windows 10; 1909. I set "Settings > Personalize > Colors > Choose your color" to dark and the Settings App's title bar is black like background, how do I change it? 145752
  5. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  6. How to get color on document title bars?

How to get color on document title bars?: I do get color on windows but not on individual Word documents. There must be a simple fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-color-on-document-title-bars/676368ff-70e3-4d1b-a37e-dee68a88a7d4
  7. title bar color, windows 10

title bar color, windows 10: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....
  8. Wrong title bar color in universal apps

Wrong title bar color in universal apps: I have a strange problem with the title bar colors in universal apps. It started to appear immediately after I reset my laptop with wiping Drive C. In other apps, like explorer and Chrome, everything is fine. I've reset my laptop one again to solve this problem, but nothing...
  9. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  10. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...