Windows 10: colors in windows 10 all messed up

Discus and support colors in windows 10 all messed up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i can't read a lot of actions on my screen because windows 10 has white on white colors. Also can't get my audio to work except for the little computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yellowfin, Aug 22, 2015.

1. yellowfin Win User

colors in windows 10 all messed up

i can't read a lot of actions on my screen because windows 10 has white on white colors. Also can't get my audio to work except for the little computer speakers built in my laptop. Has Anyone just done a system restore to go back to windows 7? Is there any way to fix the audio or colors? I've downloaded drivers to my line 6 ux1 toneport from the manufacturer. I can't get windows 10 to do a test signal to it. failed to play test tone. i can't read many of the options because windows 10 puts white on white or black on black for text.... Thanks.

:)

yellowfin, Aug 22, 2015

2. The colors on the screen get all messed up to the point of making me vomit form time to time . I suspect it occurs when there are windowds 10 automatic uptdates. How do I correct this?

The screen colors are all messed up, to the point it makes me vomit. This occurs from time to time. I suspect that this occurs when the Windows 10 send automatic updates. How do I correct this color mess?

COLOR PROBLEM, Aug 22, 2015
  3. my screen

My phone fell from the pocket length and and now my screen is messed up. It shows lines and messed up colors. It's not cracked or anything but the colors are messed up. Help

[Moved from Windows]

YusraEesmael, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

The issue seems very much related to your specific hardware.
    Have you tried an external monitor (from a neighbour or a friend)
    It would be helpful to determine if the issue lies with the graphics driver or with the screen system

About audio. If the speakers in your laptop work, so should the external speakers
    You fail to mention if you are using the 3.5 inch audio jack to connect the speakers or if your external audio is going over USB.
    If the 3.5 inch (mini)jack is used, make sure the settings are correct (e.g. that you use the correct connector and that the connector is set to Speaker and not to microphone) In some laptops the 3.5 inch connector has a double usage.

After experiencing the same issue with the colors on an external (VGA / HDMI) monitor, you tend to conclude that the graphics driver is not okay.
    Try to de-install it by going to the device manager, locate Display adapters and open. There should be one entry
    Right click and select UNINSTALL.
    Make sure you are not connected to Internet (otherwise the driver will be downloaded again) or disable Microsoft Update in Services.msc
    Now (maybe a restart is required) you switch back to windows standard graphics driver with a limited amount of colours and resolution, but now the colors should be "normal"

Contact your Laptop manufacturer for an updates driver

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 22, 2015
  5. AA1GJ Win User
    Amen on the lack of colors. Bring back the ability to create custom color schemes so we can differentiate one window from another. With all windows being white, when multiple windows are open and stacked/overlapping each other the screen becomes a sea of white, with writing all over it. It's impossible to differentiate between active, inactive windows, error messages, etc. It's just a mess.....

AA1GJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. colors in windows 10 all messed up - Similar Threads - colors messed

2. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  3. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  4. My windows looks just got messed up colors changed, title buttons are now different etc....

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows looks just got messed up colors changed, title buttons are now different etc....: This is what it looks like https://imgur.com/a/wNEKXdaI really dont understand whats going on, it looks like my windows downgraded to some older look....
  5. My windows looks just got messed up colors changed, title buttons are now different etc....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows looks just got messed up colors changed, title buttons are now different etc....: This is what it looks like https://imgur.com/a/wNEKXdaI really dont understand whats going on, it looks like my windows downgraded to some older look....
  6. My windows looks just got messed up colors changed, title buttons are now different etc....

7. I messed with my monitor display colors trying to make it brighter, but I totally messed it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed with my monitor display colors trying to make it brighter, but I totally messed it...: I have my work pc, which has dual LG monitors and I run Corel Draw because I own a sign company. I need my colors to be correct, I thought I was just messing with my brightness and ended up making everything off, and green tinted. I cannot remember what I did, and now I cant...
  8. I messed with my monitor display colors trying to make it brighter, but I totally messed it...

I messed with my monitor display colors trying to make it brighter, but I totally messed it...: I have my work pc, which has dual LG monitors and I run Corel Draw because I own a sign company. I need my colors to be correct, I thought I was just messing with my brightness and ended up making everything off, and green tinted. I cannot remember what I did, and now I cant...
  9. I messed with my monitor display colors trying to make it brighter, but I totally messed it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. pc color messed up

pc color messed up: so my pc color is like rainbow and i don’t know how to fix it. The pc start to having this problem is when i accidentally turn off the power cord while the pc is running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-color-messed-up/d204080d-29c9-40a2-8dec-882a12984f28

Users found this page by searching for:

1. colors on windows 10 messed up

2. windows screen colors are messed up

3. win 10 update 1809 messed up menu and text colours

4. windows 10 color messed up,
  5. color profile on windows is really messed up,
  6. todo backup colors messed up