Windows 10: Colour Management error loop

Discus and support Colour Management error loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't seem to use the Colour Management tool in Windows. Keeps throwing an error 'The Devices pages have been refreshed due to a hardware change'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nfshp253, May 2, 2017.

1. nfshp253 Win User

Colour Management error loop

I can't seem to use the Colour Management tool in Windows. Keeps throwing an error 'The Devices pages have been refreshed due to a hardware change'. Even after dismissing the popup, it keeps reappearing. I've recorded a video to show the error:

Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you.

[SOLVED] Logitech SetPoint doesn't work correctly in Windows 10 Creator's Update. Run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

:)

nfshp253, May 2, 2017

2. colour management

I am not asking you to remove the printer. It is just reinstallation, nothing else. Windows update can cause these problems and updating driver may solve the problems.

E for Excel, May 2, 2017
  3. JoanRK Win User
    colour management

Ok, Thanks. Will try again.

JoanRK, May 2, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

What was the hardware change?
    In device manager do you see any problems?

Have you checked the computer manufacture's web site for the latest drivers?

In administrative command prompt or administrative power shell run: sfc /scannow

Then run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Then run colorcpl.exe or colorcpl

Let us know the results

Type reliability in the left lower corner search to open the reliability control panel and post the results.

If scannow does not fix it other options may include:

%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u colorcpl.exe

zbook, May 2, 2017
  5. nfshp253 Win User
    There's no hardware change. It has been like this since Windows 10 was updated to the Creator's Update. No problems in Device Manager other than it constantly flashing. Speaking of which, the Display section of the Settings app has its options flashing too.

All my drivers are updated, and I've done sfc /scannow too. I'll try the rest and let you know. Thanks!

nfshp253, May 2, 2017
  6. nfshp253 Win User
    Hmm I'm getting Error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found when trying to run 'dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth'. I've tried running 'dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup' to try to fix that but to no avail. How should I post the reliability report?

Running '%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u colorcpl.exe' I get "The module "colorcpl.exe" was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found. Make sure that "colorcpl.exe" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again".

nfshp253, May 2, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Have you upgraded from windows 10 version 1607 to 1703?
    If so there is a bug with the restorehealth command in 1703 and it produces the error that you posted.

What happened with either of these commands: colorcpl.exe or colorcpl

Using administrative command or powershell command prompt run:

1) %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u colorcpl.exe
    2) %windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u colorcpl.exe
    3) %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /i colorcpl.exe
    4) %windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i colorcpl.exe

Download colorcpl.exe File Fix Your PC Errors - DLL Free Files

zbook, May 3, 2017
  8. nfshp253 Win User

I believe I upgraded from the Anniversary update to the Creator's update. When I run colorcpl.exe and colorcpl, I'm getting the same issue when 'Colour Management' launches.

Here's what happens when I run those 4 commands:

1) The module "colorcpl.exe" was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found. Make sure that "colorcpl.exe" is a valid DLL or OCX file and they try again.
    2) Same as 1
    3) The module "colorcpl.exe" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "colorcpl.exe" is a valid DLL or OCX file and they try again.
    4) Same as 3

Should I install the program in your included link?

nfshp253, May 3, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    If the four commands don't fix it I would consider an in place installation using a windows 10 bootable iso. That way you don't take any chances with malware and know that you will likely solve the problems with the registry.

Download Windows 10

zbook, May 3, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    If the four commands don't fix it I would consider an in place installation using a windows 10 bootable iso. That way you don't take any chances with malware and know that you will likely solve the problems with the registry.

Download Windows 10

zbook, May 3, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, May 3, 2017
  12. nfshp253 Win User
    Hmm a clean boot seems to work. Even after re-enabling startup items, it's fine. It's only after re-enabling services that the problem returns. Is there a better way to find the culprit than to re-enable service by service until I find the one that's causing the problem?

Edit: I take that back. Disabling services still causes the error, but at least it appears every 5-8 seconds instead of immediately recurring.

nfshp253, May 3, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

See if the color management problem disappears in safe mode.

If it disappears in safe mode go back to clean boot.

In clean boot count the number of non-Microsoft boxes.

Check 1/2 of them and reboot. See if the problem reoccurs. If it reoccurs or is more frequent then it is one of the items checked. If it does not reoccur is is less frequent then it is not one of the boxes that was checked.
    This process is continued by keep dividing the checked boxes in 1/2 until the problematic application is found.

Once you find the problematic application uninstall it and check again in normal boot.
    Then reinstall the application and see if the problem has been fixed.

If the application cannot be reinstalled without producing problems you can reinstall any needed item and use msconfig and task manger to keep it off. Then you can use the application on demand.

What happened with the test user?

type msinfo32 in the left lower corner search and view the windows error reporting

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/troubl...sues-windows-7

type reliability in the left lower corner search and view the reliability control panel

Reliability Monitor is the Best Windows Troubleshooting Tool You Arent Using

type eventvwr into the left lower corner search and view critical, error, and warning to search for any information about the color management

Event viewer-- What is going on in your computer - Microsoft Community

zbook, May 3, 2017
  14. nfshp253 Win User
    Thanks for your reply again.

I've tried safe mode and it's blank when I open colorcpl. There's no devices in the drop down list. Is this normal?

I've tried disabling all services again but now the problem doesn't go away even with all non-Microsoft services disabled.

I've tried creating a test user but the problem remains in the new profile.

When i go into msinfo32's Windows Error Reporting, I see a few MpTelemetry errors. Do you know what this means?

Viewing the reliability report, I don't see any problems lining up to the times I'm experiencing the colorcpl errors, just a process called MSIDDRService.exe 'stopped working'.

Nothing significant that relates to time-matches colorcpl errors in event viewer either.

nfshp253, May 5, 2017
  15. nfshp253 Win User
    Hi again. I've even tried doing an in-place reinstall of Windows 10, but I'm still facing the same problem. It seems like it's some kind of device issue, when I use Device Manager, it keeps refreshing too.

nfshp253, May 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Colour Management error loop - Similar Threads - Colour Management error

2. Automatically manage colour for apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically manage colour for apps.: The issue revolves around a Windows feature called ‘ACM’ Automatic Color Manager for applications. When I activate this feature, the display appears excellent initially, but after waking up the laptop from sleep or a restart, the screen inverts as shown in the attached image....
  3. Automatically manage colour for apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically manage colour for apps.: The issue revolves around a Windows feature called ‘ACM’ Automatic Color Manager for applications. When I activate this feature, the display appears excellent initially, but after waking up the laptop from sleep or a restart, the screen inverts as shown in the attached image....
  4. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

in Windows 10 Customization
    COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.: I calibrate and profile my laptop for photo editing in photoshop. I currently use Windows 10 on my laptop. I create my own ICC profiles and add them to All Profiles in the Windows 10 Colour Management tool. I then go back to the Devices section,click Use my Settings and...
  5. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.: I calibrate and profile my laptop for photo editing in photoshop. I currently use Windows 10 on my laptop. I create my own ICC profiles and add them to All Profiles in the Windows 10 Colour Management tool. I then go back to the Devices section,click Use my Settings and...
  6. COLOUR MANAGEMENT QUERY - ADVANCED TAB.

7. Colour Management Issues after 2004 update

Colour Management Issues after 2004 update: A long shot, but does anyone here still use Picasa, in particular the Picasa image viewer, if so or if you've noticed on other photo viewers, is the colour management working for you? Colour management works fine in the main Picasa program for me, but not in the image viewer...
  8. Second monitor not keeping colour management profile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not keeping colour management profile: When my computer goes to sleep or after re logging to my computer the second monitor had lost its colour management settings. Going to display settings \ Advance display settings \ Display adapter properties for Display 2, the Color Management windows still shows my most...
  9. Colour management settings

Colour management settings: I have somehow fiddled with the colour management settings on my laptop and it will now only print in black and white. printer is fine and will print in colour from any other device. Can anyone help?...
  10. Manage menu colour for drives and Recycling Bin

Manage menu colour for drives and Recycling Bin: Hi all, I like to personalise everything that is possible to fit a theme and something that has been bugging me are the colours for "Manage" menu that is available in the Recycling Bin and when a drive is selected in My PC. The colours for these menus are magenta and green...