Windows 10: Coloured bar under windows in taskbar?

Discus and support Coloured bar under windows in taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have noticed there is a coloured bar underneath each window in the task bar. Here is a picture of it: [img] It's that little green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nachlawi, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Nachlawi Win User

Coloured bar under windows in taskbar?

Hi guys,

I have noticed there is a coloured bar underneath each window in the task bar.
    Here is a picture of it:

Coloured bar under windows in taskbar? [​IMG]

It's that little green bar right at the bottom of File Explorer and Edge (it will be the same colour as your tiles)

What does this bar represent, if anything? Is it just design? Can I remove it?
    It kinda get's on my nerves and I'm not sure why haha.

:)

Nachlawi, Aug 10, 2015

2. Background colour of applications, under Windows 10 I haven't been able to find this function

<Original title: Background colour of applications>

In previous versions of windows I was able to select the colour (grey - easier on the eyes) for the background of applications such as excel, word and explorer. This isn't the background picture I am talking about on the desktop, nor changing the theme or
    colours in each program. This was everything; from pop up messages from Windows to the applications aforementioned, all done through one function. This option allowed you to change menu bar colours, text box colours and everything in between.

Under Windows 10 I haven't been able to find this function. In another post I saw someone had outlined that this feature was missing; is this really the case and if so is there a work around?

QWERTY123456_783, Aug 10, 2015
  3. RayPage Win User
    Update Windows 8.1Pro PC to Windows 10 Pro

Hi Andre,

I have now applied the upgrade to Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 pc.

Which, by the way, also went without any real problems.

But I do have a question about the Personalisation of the colours.

Windows 10 does not allow me to change the colour of the Title Bar from the standard white, although it does allow me to change the colours for Start, Task Bar and Action Centre.

Having said that the same Windows 10 Pro disk that I used for my pc upgrade is the same disk that was used on my new laptop to upgrade it from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.

With the new laptop I am able to change the colour on the Title Bar.

So I am wondering how do I able to change the colour on the Title bar on my pc?

RayPage, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Coloured bar under windows in taskbar?

The colored bar is just there to let you know that a program or folder is open.

It is easy to get rid of...
    Adjust your monitor controls so the screen dips slightly south.

teachermark, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Nachlawi Win User
    Hmmm, A bit silly as I use the "Never Combine" option. Therefore I always know if a window is open as I can see its full name. Also, I cannot do your monitor hack as I am on a laptop *Sad

Nachlawi, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    When a window is minimized, the opacity disappears but you will still be able to see what windows are open on which desktop when using 'Virtual Desktops':

Edwin, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Rollerdog Win User
    There was a long thread about this. Basically, half the people love it and half the people hate it.

PS: I am a hater.

Rollerdog, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Nachlawi Win User

I tried long and hard searching for a post before posting this one. Please can you link me to the long thread, I would like a read *Smile

Nachlawi, Aug 10, 2015
  9. paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Coloured bar under windows in taskbar? - Similar Threads - Coloured bar under

2. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  3. Black Bar under my Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Bar under my Taskbar.: Why is there a black bar under my taskbar, I had this problem yesterday and at some point this bar disappeared and when I started my laptop today this black bar is showing up again, I don't know what the cause is. I haven't damaged the screen and my drivers are all up to...
  4. Black Bar under my Taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Bar under my Taskbar.: Why is there a black bar under my taskbar, I had this problem yesterday and at some point this bar disappeared and when I started my laptop today this black bar is showing up again, I don't know what the cause is. I haven't damaged the screen and my drivers are all up to...
  5. Black Bar under my Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. There's a transparent bar under my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's a transparent bar under my taskbar: so i turned on my computer and there's this one bar under my task bar , i dont know what this is , why it's here and how do i take this off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theres-a-transparent-bar-under-my-taskbar/ce3df7d2-c7d4-4885-a6a3-b40d95251188
  7. There's a transparent bar under my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's a transparent bar under my taskbar: so i turned on my computer and there's this one bar under my task bar , i dont know what this is , why it's here and how do i take this off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theres-a-transparent-bar-under-my-taskbar/ce3df7d2-c7d4-4885-a6a3-b40d95251188
  8. There's a transparent bar under my taskbar

9. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495
  10. Black Bar under the taskbar.

Black Bar under the taskbar.: Hello,dear Microsoft community!I got backed from a trip 2 days ago and when I started the computer I saw a black bar under the taskbar which isn't removing.I tried a post by a guy from the community which isn't working.[ATTACH]So...When I screenshotted it on PC its not...