Windows 10: Column Bar problems.

Discus and support Column Bar problems. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with the Column Bar in File Explorer. I like to show Backup Method in my backup folders along with Name, Date, etc. When I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cato, Feb 3, 2016.

1. cato Win User

Column Bar problems.

I'm having a problem with the Column Bar in File Explorer. I like to show Backup Method in my backup folders along with Name, Date, etc. When I first installed Windows 10 it wasn't available in the drop down so I didn't think too much about it, but then a couple of weeks later it was available for some reason...maybe an update?

Now, once again it's not available and the folders that had it when it was don't have it in the bar anymore. The part I don't understand is that my wife's computer, same version of Windows 10, does have it.

As you can see in the image it's not available alphabetically, nor is it anywhere else in the drop down. I've searched this forum, Google and about everywhere else I can think of but haven't found a similar problem.

If Brink's watching, I may have a chance to get it right.

Thanks for any help.

Column Bar problems. [​IMG]

:)

cato, Feb 3, 2016
  2. farby Win User

Reading conversations after they are sent to Nokia suite from my 2330

What do you mean by Reading Pane ? The view in the Nokia Suite -- >messaging is divided in to 3 Vertical Columns .. In the First Column, Under Messages ..you will see the Folders, When Conversations is selected..In the Second Column, Under Conversations
    you will see them listed.. There is a Scroll Bar to the Right of THIS column to see more in the list ...The Third Column will show the Messages in the Conversation selected in the Second Column ...

Sorry for any mis-understanding of your Problem ..

farby, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Excel 2016 - Unhiding Column A

Many thanks. I've tried all options, i.e.

If I position the cursor at the beginning of column B I cannot get a double bar to appear, only a down arrow or a cross

If I select column B and don't leave the mouse button > drag the mouse cursor to left giving an effect of selecting column A > when I click unhide, it thinks I'm referring to column B

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Ian

IanWhiteBoss, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Column Bar problems.

I backup using Macrium to another internal hard drive and Backup Method is there.
    Just checked my external 1TB drive where I also backup and Backup Method is there too.

I can't find anything via a Google search either, sorry.

You could try running sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command Prompt, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Feb 4, 2016
  5. cato Win User
    I've run sfc /scannow and the DISM utility and nothing changed. Just a weird happenstance maybe. I'll keep watching and see if it shows up again sometime. Have even checked my Macrium program to see if it offered any explantion, but it didn't.

Thanks for the reply.

cato, Feb 4, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello cato,

I looked on my system, but I don't have a "Backup Method" detail available for a column either. I checked in all available folder types, but it's not there for any of them by default.

However, I did find this below that says it's part of Macrium Reflect as Rich posted above, and hopefully may help. *Smile

Windows Explorer shell integration - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

I would guess that it may be some setting in Macrium Reflect that turns on/off explorer shell integration.

Brink, Feb 4, 2016
  7. cato Win User
    Thanks Brink. I'll check a little further on that. It's not impossible that I missed it...my wife will vouch for that.

'preciate it.

cato, Feb 4, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Column Bar problems.

If that doesn't help, you might see if reinstalling Macrium Reflect may restore it.

Macrium Reflect Free

Brink, Feb 4, 2016
  9. cato Win User
    Going back to the Macrium site did it. I checked the troubleshooting section and found that an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 can cause the Explorer shell extensions to not be available. I did an in-place upgrade a few days ago so that was a pretty good clue. Run a little simple code and all is well for now. Going to save that code for next time though. Column Bar problems. :)

Thanks for guiding me back to do a little deeper research.

Here are the lines to run in an elevated cmd just in case someone can use it.

cd "c:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect"
    regsvr32 RShellEx.dll
    regsvr32 RContextMenu.dll

You got me out of the mud in Seven forums more than once and you're still at it. Good job!

cato, Feb 4, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Perfect. Thank you for posting back with the solution. *Smile

Brink, Feb 4, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Nice find Shawn! I didn't realize Macrium was the source for that (didn't even know it was there actually). I'll definitely save that info for another time.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Column Bar problems.

1. Column Bar problems. - Similar Threads - Column Bar problems

2. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  3. File Explorer - Status column problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Status column problem: Hi all,In File Explorer on my Windows 11 laptop, the Status column is often missing or empty when I'm viewing folders that are synced to OneDrive. In other words, sometimes the column including its heading doesn't appear at all, and sometimes the column is there but it has no...
  4. Problems with task bar and bar above

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with task bar and bar above: While playing the task bar is shwoing up and this bar above with closeing button and minimalising button. I play on Windows 11 and I don't know how to fix it :...
  5. Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  6. Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update: The latest Windows update has turned the usual easy business of manually resizing file directory columns into a nightmare. Now if I resize a column manually with my mouse, it covers up the columns to the right. This apparently has something to do with the fact that Windows...
  7. Problems with the size of directory columns after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Custom Columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Columns: Hello. Since I edit lots of music, I have been struggling with colums.I have music folder with lots of folders with beginnings letters, like folder A, with music that starts with letter A.Now, my problem are colums and custom folder templates. Since there is only 5 of them,...
  9. Word - Format linked data columns problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word - Format linked data columns problem: I have an 8 page Word (MS 365 Version 2005 (build 12827.20336 Click to run) document which is populated by pasting 4 links from a single Excel file. All data was pasted using Paste Special, Unformatted text, Paste Link. The document had been formatted with 2 columns and a...
  10. Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar adds two black columns: I have been using WIndows Game Bar for over a year and while it isn't an ideal recording software it gets the job done. Recently, I have noticed two black columns when I watch my recordings. They aren't a deal breaker but they are noticeable....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stopcode nokia suite