Windows 10: COM error with SIHOST.EXE

Discus and support COM error with SIHOST.EXE in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm regularly getting in the Event Viewer the following error message related to SIHOST.EXE : The machine wide limit settings do not grant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Samoreen, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Samoreen Win User

COM error with SIHOST.EXE

Hi,

I'm regularly getting in the Event Viewer the following error message related to SIHOST.EXE :

The machine wide limit settings do not grant Local access permission to the COM Server application c:\windows\system32\sihost.exe with APPID
    Unavailable to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I have checked the permissions in DCOMCNFG and the defaults settings grant LOCAL SERVER all the necessary rights.

According to this message, SIHOST.EXE is a COM server but I don't see any declaration related to this server in the registry (no APPID, no CLSID,...).

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Samoreen, Sep 16, 2017
  2. MainSoft Win User

COM error with SIHOST

Hi,

I'm regularly getting in the Event Viewer the following error message related to SIHOST.EXE :

The machine wide limit settings do not grant Local access permission to the COM Server application c:\windows\system32\sihost.exe with APPID

Unavailable to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative
    tool.

I have checked the permissions in DCOMCNFG and the defaults settings grant LOCAL SERVER all the necessary rights.

According to this message, SIHOST.EXE is a COM server but I don't see any declaration related to this server in the registry (no APPID, no CLSID,...).

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

MainSoft, Sep 16, 2017
  3. MainSoft Win User
    COM error with SIHOST

Actually, I get this error twice in a row :

First with event ID 18210 :

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local access permission to the COM Server application c:\windows\system32\sihost.exe with APPID

Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). The application set this security permission programmatically; to modify this security permission
    contact the application vendor.

then with event ID 18211 :

Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The source is COMRuntime in both cases.

MainSoft, Sep 16, 2017
Thema:

COM error with SIHOST.EXE

1. COM error with SIHOST.EXE - Similar Threads - COM error SIHOST

2. Sihost is attempting to open ms edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sihost is attempting to open ms edge: Hello! I have a question! Sihost is attempting to open ms edge at startup and when I go to apps in the settings. I don't know why because I blocked it since I didn't trust it So I just get a ms edge error popup. I'm wondering why sihost is trying to open it. Im on Windows 10...
  3. Can someone help with me, sihost unknown hardware error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help with me, sihost unknown hardware error.: Can someone help with with my son's gaming PC. HE "supposedly" head butted his desktop laughing at a tiktok post. Yes I know that sounds bananas. But ever since, he has a black screen with error sihost "unknown hard error".. I tried following steps found online and nothing...
  4. exe error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe error: my pc is win 10 pro all files not open because exe file missing please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-error/3243e85f-bea1-4f99-9099-3c98a9b9e1e4
  5. Help please. Sihost error makes it impossible to fix anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help please. Sihost error makes it impossible to fix anything.: Idk how this happened. But everytime i launch my pc i get an error of sihost.exe hardware error. The login screen looks fine but when i login the taskbar is completely unresponsive. Desktop is black and none of my icons appear on the desktop of taskbar. The internet icon on...
  6. Exe error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe error: what does this mean and how i can fix this? (the instruction at 0x00000000759059A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000759059A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c....
  7. Error exe

Error exe: I keep getting this error on my dell laptop and as a result, I am unable to download any programs from the Internet. How can I fix this? (the institution at 0x00000000774359A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000774359A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of...
  8. exe error

in Windows 10 Customization
    exe error: hi i want to install some .exe programs but my pc shows "operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains virus or potentially unwanted software" but i sure these files are completely fine . and this programs worked in another pc. and my antiviruses are off...
  9. SIHOST buffer overrun error

SIHOST buffer overrun error: I am encountering the following popup error message when I try to restart my system in Safe Mode: Sihost.exe – System error – The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of...
  10. BSOD and COM Error

BSOD and COM Error: Win 10/Firefox 49.01 (it was v49 Friday, I think). No new additions or changes. Before I go nuts, I immediately opened Event Viewer after an innocuously obtained BSOD - I had just opened Weather Underground. My computer was stuck and I couldn't shut down using Ctrl + Alt...
Tags: