Windows 10: Com surrogate stopped working

Discus and support Com surrogate stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not having any issues with the pc but in reliability history I am seeing occasional ‘com surrogate has stopped working’ messages. It’s very sporadic.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Com surrogate stopped working

Not having any issues with the pc but in reliability history I am seeing occasional ‘com surrogate has stopped working’ messages. It’s very sporadic. Sometimes many many days with nothing listed but then yesterday I saw it shortly after starting machine and then again today. I tried today restarting again immediately in the aftermath to see if it listed a second time but it didn’t so it seems very sporadic. Tried googling but there isn’t anything concise. Wondered if any one had any ideas or similar experiences ?

cheers
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 24, 2017
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 24, 2017
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 24, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Com surrogate stopped working

Something that is using it is causing it to stop. Many processes use a Com Surrogate.

bro67, Dec 25, 2017
  5. Ok thanks. I’ll try and ignore it seeing as it’s relatively rare and doesn’t seem to have any effect - I guess troubleshooting it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Scottyboy99, Dec 25, 2017
  6. Layback Bear, Dec 25, 2017
  7. I looked a little closer and my issue is exactly the same as in this thread. The faulting module is mso20win32client.dll

Mystery COM Surrogate crashes

looks like office 365 is the cause. Obviously mine is always updated (they are pretty regular) but I guess the last update might have introduced this. Hopefully a new update will come out soon and maybe stop these. For what it’s worth I notice no system functionality issues before and after these entries and office appears to be working absolutely fine. So it’s a mystery

8. Com surrogate stopped working

9. bro67 Win User
    I really would not worry about it, since it is nothing more than a scratch pad operation to keep the main process from crashing. It is to take the load off of what was already poorly written and band-aided by Microsoft. Unless Microsoft was to rewrite completely from Scratch, for all of the windows items they have kept around since Windows 95 days. Things are not going to change. 365 was another rushed out to market front end that sales did not want to wait on all of the code to be finished.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Com surrogate stopped working

1. Com surrogate stopped working - Similar Threads - Com surrogate stopped

2. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Surrogate: I have been receiving the following error quite frequently, especially when I run disk cleanup. "COM Surrogate has stopped working". I have Windows 8.1 Pro. Can anyone advise me what this error represents and if I should be concerned about it?...
  3. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Surrogate has stopped working: Hi Microsoft community services , when i refresh the desktop , or when i open the folder thet have large icons of photos or videos ... this window appear and say COM Surrogate has stopped working!Please help me ... because i tried some solution such as 1 – Add dllhost.exe to...
  4. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Surrogate has stopped working: Hi Microsoft community services , when i refresh the desktop , or when i open the folder thet have large icons of photos or videos ... this window appear and say COM Surrogate has stopped working!Please help me ... because i tried some solution such as 1 – Add dllhost.exe to...
  5. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate: Gostaria de saber se isso é um virus ou um programa legivel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/com-surrogate/78136555-aabd-40e5-ae6e-d2acdf4ccdad
  7. COM surrogate

COM surrogate: I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware. i saw that a couple programs labelled...
  8. Com Surrogate

Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...
  9. com surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    com surrogate has stopped working: When I am using my computer, it would randomly say "com surrogate has stopped working." I then just close it and it pops up again, close it and it goes away. I have no idea why. Here are the Windows Event Logs: Windows Log 1 - Pastebin.com Windows Log 2 - Pastebin.com...
  10. COM Surrogate Stopped Working error

in Windows 10 Support
    COM Surrogate Stopped Working error: I am getting the odd COM Surrogate Stopped Working error and not sure where to start troubleshooting. Can someone point me in the right direction? Here are the error details: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe Problem signature...