Windows 10: combine small touchscreen monitor with larger viewing non-touchmonitor

Discus and support combine small touchscreen monitor with larger viewing non-touchmonitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to combine/setup a 15-inch multi-touch monitor with a 21-inch non-touch (main) monitor, so that main viewing can be done on 21-inch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xyz, Jun 20, 2018.

1. XYZ
    xyz Win User

combine small touchscreen monitor with larger viewing non-touchmonitor

Is it possible to combine/setup a 15-inch multi-touch monitor with a 21-inch non-touch (main) monitor, so that main viewing can be done on 21-inch non-touch, but all/most the finger control done on the 15-inch touchscreen?

Reason: after getting golfers elbow, I am now starting to have trouble with my right shoulder. So I am looking to ease the pressure on my right side by using touch instead of mouse.

Or is there a better solution (graphic tablet, or)?

:)

2. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Crivens Win User
    Touchscreen as second monitor

I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, and uses HDMI for an external monitor, plus a mini displayport for another external monitor (neither external monitor is a touchscreen). I use the external monitors for my main work, so have the primary display on one of these, and not the laptop screen. I also, in Win8.1, set the touch and tablet settings so that the touchscreen was identified as the laptop screen. Before the tablet setting was changed then using the laptop touchscreen effected the external monitor setup as the primary screen. Once the tablet setting was changed then it all worked brilliantly, with some small issues with screen resolution (3840x2160 laptop screen vs 1920x1080 external monitors).

Now I have updated to Win10, then I think most of the small screen resolution issues have gone (some new ones seem to have appeared, but I'm sure they will iron out over the next few months), but it has reverted to the touchscreen only being for the primary display. So I touch the laptop screen, and it effects the external monitor set as primary display.

Annoyingly I can't find the tablet setting that allowed you to state which display should be effected by the touchscreen. As Win10 is very new then I can't find documentation on how to change this.

Does anyone know how to change these settings in Windows 10?

Cheers

Crivens, Jun 20, 2018
  4. EdMeza Win User

Screen size is larger than monitor

Hello,

Got a new monitor and the text is extremely small for me. ACER manufacturer recommends that settings for the size of text and apps be left at 100%, plus the Resolution at 1920 x 1080.

Since my eyesight is not that good, I opted to increase the size of text just to 125% and then asked to reboot computer. After the restart, the text had considerably gotten better, but the desktop icons got larger, half of the size of the icons were off the
    screen on left-hand side. Lastly, the Start Menu button disappeared. Tried to get back the screen to normal, but still is larger than the monitor, also the Start Menu button disappeared. Checked for a magnifier on the screen and closed it.

(I know I can get settings through the action center, but can not get other tiles like photos, games, etc.)

Checked for drivers and they are all up-to-date.

Again, these are the issues:

1) Screen larger than monitor. Can not see anything on the left-hand side, having to snap each time to reduce their size has become a nuisance. Have tried different steps to reduce screen size to fit the monitor but it just is not working.

2) Lost “Start Menu Button”, because screen is too large.

3) Text is gone back to 100% and it's too small.

4) Desktop icons on task bar are also extremely small.

I would appreciate someone's help.

Thank you.

Ed

EdMeza, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

1. combine small touchscreen monitor with larger viewing non-touchmonitor - Similar Threads - combine small touchscreen

2. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  3. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  4. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  6. Windows Ink - non-touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Ink - non-touchscreen: Hello, My computer just updated today and I noticed the Windows Ink feature in my notification bar. Can I use a digital pen and windows ink together even though I do not have touchscreen ability on my desktop PC? For instance, would I be able to "write" on my desk and...
  7. Connecting to a larger monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to a larger monitor: I have figured out how to connect my laptop to a large TV screen and I can get my homepage on the TV but I cannot change that screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-larger-monitor/f4c3d226-98da-4c45-8e5c-3c2bf3988efa
  8. Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to view small images in File Explorer larger?: I'm currently working on small pixel sprites for a game. I just recently switched to Windows from MacOS, and on there if there were very small pictures they would be upscaled without becoming blurry so they were easier to see. With Windows, it doesn't matter how large I make...
  9. larger viewing on non-touchmonitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    larger viewing on non-touchmonitor: Is it possible to combine/setup a 15-inch multi-touch monitor with a 21-inch non-touch (main) monitor, so that main viewing can be done on 21-inch non-touch, but all/most the finger control done on the 15-inch touchscreen? Reason: after getting golfers elbow, I am now...
  10. Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Monitor Touchscreen: Hello, I have a theater room with a projector as my main display. I have recently bought an old Mimo UM-740 7" touchscreen. I have it working as a secondary display, problem is, the touch screen is moving the mouse on the main display. Is there a way to have just the...