Windows 10: Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

Discus and support Combine Unallocated space to System Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sheer laziness, that's all! *Wink Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AthanasianCreed, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

Sheer laziness, that's all! *Wink

AthanasianCreed, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Word Man Win User

Fair enough - appreciate your honesty and I wouldn't criticize your logic!

My value judgment of it differs a little bit in that it just seems topgun's method is the lowest risk path (as far as not borking anything) and seems fairly straightforward and seamless - although I understand if it seems like too much bother to you.

Since I tried to do the kind of operations that I thought would directly address your initial inquiry, but then hit unanticipated complications, I'm inclined to view my initial suggestion now as riskier and potentially MORE work than topgun's suggestion to end up with a proper GPT disk partitioning scheme.

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Combine Unallocated space to System Partition

1. Combine Unallocated space to System Partition - Similar Threads - Combine Unallocated space

2. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  3. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  4. Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-: I did a clean install of Windows 11 from USB media creation tool and I've made a mess of C: SSD. I watched videos of how to do this, unfortunately the ones I watched failed to show what to do when one got to the partitions part of the install. Several said to delete all...
  5. Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unallocated space to the left of boot partition-: I did a clean install of Windows 11 from USB media creation tool and I've made a mess of C: SSD. I watched videos of how to do this, unfortunately the ones I watched failed to show what to do when one got to the partitions part of the install. Several said to delete all...
  6. Extend partition that is next to unallocated space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extend partition that is next to unallocated space: So I have a 250 GB D: drive 50 GB E: drive and I want to extend the E: drive. Problem is when I shrink the D: drive I cannot extend the E: drive since it comes after the unallocated space. The only way I see this possible is to make a partition F: copy all data from E: to F:...
  7. Disk Partition Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partition Unallocated Space: [ATTACH]Hi team, I recently tried installing windows 7 and during installation, I got the message that Windows can't get installed on the selected disk due to MBR style. I converted the MBR style to GPT style by allocating 100Gb to selected Disk 0. Now after...
  8. How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?

How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?: Below is a screenshot made by MiniTool Free Edition. I would like to combine the two unallocated spaces and add the space to the C: partition. Do I need the paid version to do this? Attachment 96363 60387
  9. Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space

Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space: Hello, I just assembled a new PC. It has a single 4TB hard drive. During Windows 10 installation, I created a 200gb partition to install to as the C: drive. It auto partitioned my drive into a 500MB system reserved partition, my C: drive, and two unallocated spaces of...
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...