Windows 10: Combining multiple program windows into a single window?

Discus and support Combining multiple program windows into a single window? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have six command prompt windows which I'd like to be able to divide equally across my monitor and also maximise and minimise as a single window; is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by THX1138, Jan 30, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

Combining multiple program windows into a single window?

I have six command prompt windows which I'd like to be able to divide equally across my monitor and also maximise and minimise as a single window; is that possible?

:)

THX1138, Jan 30, 2018
  2. Afvalbak Win User

birthday calendar

Windows Phone allows you to combine multiple registrations of the same contact into a single contact.

For example when a same contact is synched from multiple social media and/or Outlook.com.

Windows Phone is NOT able however, to create a birthday calendar for those 'combined' contacts. Each single registration will appear separately in your calendar.

Until recently, this was not a problem since Outlook.com was able to create a birthday calendar for combined contacts.

But unfortunately Outlook.com no longer supports linking Facebook. And it seems only logical that Outlook.com will follow the same path for other social media in the future.

As a consequence, I would expect that Windows Phone (and Windows) will need to be able to create the combined birthday calender.

Are there any signs of such thing coming?

Afvalbak, Jan 30, 2018
  3. Task bar does not respond when multiple windows are displayed as combined

Whenever I have just a single instance of a program displaying in my task bar I experience no problems when I click it: it minimizes, it maximizes, it works as expect.

Whenever I have multiple instances of the same program running (for instance, two seperate Edge windows open at once) and they are displayed as combined, when I click the task bar the preview for each will pop up and then immediately minimize. When I hover
    over the task bar the previews will display, but as soon as I click one they disappear and nothing happens. Essentially, whenever I have programs stacked/combined in the task bar, I cannot select any open windows. I Can only switch between them by using alt-tab.

In in all other ways the task bar performs normally; all buttons respond so long as there is just a single instance displayed in the task bar and they are not combined.

This is is a brand new computer, so this wasn't a Windows upgrade. I've downloaded all systems updates from Microsoft and the computer manufacturer. I have also tried restoring my system several times and nothing works: each time I open multiple windows
    of the same program the task bar becomes useless to switch between them.

Any suggestions or insights are greatly appreciated.

TheOriginalMack, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Combining multiple program windows into a single window?

PolarNettles, Jan 30, 2018
  5. THX1138 Win User
    I start my programs from .bat files, then I get several CMD windows open. Using ConEmu would require me to do a lot more manual starting of these programs within ConEmu in order to work. What I'm looking for would be useful in other situations as well, when working with two or three windows side be side. Currently when I do so, if I use a different program, I then need to click on all three program icons on the task bar to get them to return to the front. If I could put them all into one virtual window, I'd be able to minimise them and bring them back up in unison.

THX1138, Jan 31, 2018
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Jan 31, 2018
  7. THX1138 Win User
    THX1138, Feb 1, 2018
  8. pyramid10 Win User

That reads like the Task View button on the Task Bar that allows virtual desktops. Create a virtual desktop, move the cmd windows onto it, switch back and forth between virtual and normal desktops.

pyramid10, Feb 1, 2018
  9. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks; it's a good work around.

THX1138, Feb 1, 2018
  10. When switching between virtual desktops, you can use the hotkey combo: win+ctl+left or right arrow key to switch instead of clicking the icons in the taskbar twice.

titetanium, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Combining multiple program windows into a single window? - Similar Threads - Combining multiple program

2. Can't choose between multiple windows of the open program when icons are combined grouped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't choose between multiple windows of the open program when icons are combined grouped...: Can't choose between multiple windows of the open program, only ALT+TAB works but that is not the solution. When icons are not combined single you can open them one by one without any problem. When icons are combined you can see the preview of open instances of that program...
  3. Can't choose between multiple windows of the open program when icons are combined grouped...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't choose between multiple windows of the open program when icons are combined grouped...: Can't choose between multiple windows of the open program, only ALT+TAB works but that is not the solution. When icons are not combined single you can open them one by one without any problem. When icons are combined you can see the preview of open instances of that program...
  4. Can't choose between multiple windows of the open program when icons are combined grouped...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Program to reorder+rename windows of a single program on the taskbar?

Program to reorder+rename windows of a single program on the taskbar?: Hello, I am looking for a program which can reorder and rename windows of a single program on the taskbar and will remember positions and names, even after program is closed and reopened! So far nothing I found worked! Thanks! 179009
  6. Taskbar combine certain programs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar combine certain programs.: Is there a way to only combine certain programs on the task bar and never combine others? THanks. submitted by /u/Objective-Actuary-26 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8ibd3/taskbar_combine_certain_programs/
  7. Multiple Diacritics/Character Combining on a Single Character AGAIN

Multiple Diacritics/Character Combining on a Single Character AGAIN: Hello Everyone, I am trying to type a paper in the Arabic Language and I need to put more than one diacritic on a single letter. I have been trying to find a way in Word but it doesn't work. When I tried to do this in Libre Writer it works. Is there a way to make this work...
  8. Combine microphone and application to to single output device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Combine microphone and application to to single output device: Basically I want to (in Discord) be able to speak and play music so that anyone in the voice chat can hear it. More specifically, I have a program running that the plays sounds I play on my MIDI device. I've tried things like stereo mix & voicemeeter, but they redirect EVERY...
  9. Combining 2 application windows to single toggle

Combining 2 application windows to single toggle: Hi, I am big fan of split window future that increases my productivity. and my doubt is, Is there is any way that I can switch to 2 different application that is split in single ALT + TAB. In my case I am having edge 2 different window and VSCode+edgesplit now what to...
  10. Quickbar Stop Combining Icon With Program Window

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quickbar Stop Combining Icon With Program Window: Hey all, Recently downgraded to windows ten (didn't have a choice in the matter). Getting really annoyed that my quicklinks will only open one instance of the program I want, then the newly opened program window will take over that quicklink. Gone, it seems, are the days I...