Windows 10: Combining .png Files

Discus and support Combining .png Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I collect postcards. I have a scan of the front of a postcard and a scan of the back and want to know if I can combine them in one file on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Islanderuk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Combining .png Files

I collect postcards. I have a scan of the front of a postcard and a scan of the back and want to know if I can combine them in one file on my computer

Is this possible.

I am using a Brother MFC-J4510DW scanner/printer

Thanks in advance

:)

Islanderuk, Oct 20, 2015

2. Glitch after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Check out this page:

All your questions answered about rolling back to Windows 7 or 8.1 and upgrading back to Windows 10

If, like me, you can't get to your desktop anymore, press the shift key and hold it while the computer restarts and you can bring it up into safe mode.

2. Use the Shift + Restart combination

Another way of getting into Safe Mode in Windows 10 is to use the
    Shift + Restart
    combination. Open the Start menu and click or tap on the
    Power button.

Combining .png Files [​IMG]

Then, while keeping the Shift key pressed, click or tap on Restart.

Note that you can also use the Shift + Restart combination from the
    Sign In
    screen.

Then, Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. Choose Troubleshoot.

Then, on the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options.

On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings.

Windows 10 notifies you that you can restart your device in order to change advanced boot options, including enabling
    Safe Mode. Press Restart.

After Windows 10 reboots, you can choose which boot options you want enabled. To get into
    Safe Mode, you have three different options. To enable Safe Mode press the
    F4 key on your keyboard, to enable Safe Mode with Networking press
    F5 and to enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt press F6.

PennyGray1154, Oct 20, 2015
  3. PNG File

I am unable to open a png file and it says the destination cannot be reached. How do i open it?

jackschneider111, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Combining .png Files

Yes just create a new folder and name it Post Cards , then move all of your .PNG's to it.

5. Just for grins I copied 2 png files to an output file using the command line copy.

When loaded it just shows the first png file. What you could do to group them together is name them both the same with _A.png and _B.png extensions. When sorted by name in details view then at least the front should be first and the back second for each pair.

Other than that you could embed them in some container file like a word doc or a pdf file. But I don't know if that gives any advantage.

MilesAhead, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Just to cover the options not already mentioned, you could combine them into a single image in pretty much any graphics application that supports PNG and save that as a new file. For example, in PaintShop Pro you'd open both files, change the canvas of one so that it will be large enough to fit both images, then copy and paste the other into that empty space and save as a new image.

You could also explore other formats that explicitly deal with multiple images, such as CBR/CBZ. Those invariably require third-party software to view so may not be ideal for your purposes, but CBR/CBZ does have the advantage of being basically just a regular compressed archive so your original files are unaltered.

xtcrefugee, Oct 20, 2015
  7. Thank you all for your help.

I now scan both pictures and then copy them onto a word document. This means both pictures are on one page and it enables me to put a title and details at the top.

Thank you all for your help

Islanderuk, Oct 20, 2015
  8. Combining .png Files

You are welcome. I am glad the responses were helpful. *Smile

MilesAhead, Oct 20, 2015
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Get Irfanview or XnView and use another format for storing bitmaps. I recommend TIF or even PDF. You can create those with either both of them. You can even create a panorama image with Irfanview and save it as a single PNG. You can create panoramas (images "stitched" together both horizontally and vertically). Just give it a try -> IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
    XnView Software · Software for reading, organizing and processing images -> They are both freeware and they do not contain any bundled crap (for Irfanview you can OPT OUT inside the installation).

eLPuSHeR, Oct 21, 2015
  10. Plus XnView has a batch capability.
    IrfanView has a variety of command line options to do quite a lot of stuff in batch mode too.

MilesAhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Combining .png Files

1. Combining .png Files - Similar Threads - Combining png Files

2. Add text to a .png file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add text to a .png file: Couldn't find an applicable forum. If there is a better place, please let me know.Kinda frustrated. Trying to add text in a special font to a .png picture.Tried to use Windows Paint new version, Windows 11. Seems I could add a text box, in the font I wanted, but couldn't...
  3. Combining Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combining Files: I have been working on two computers over the winter. At home, I have been saving data to my hard drive. When I went to work the other day I copied the file directory to a flash drive. At work I only saved files to the flash drive. It is now time to consolidate. When I...
  4. Save png files

Save png files: hy i have a problem... when i save a png file on the internet windows save the image as jpeg not png why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-png-files/e5f67f4f-ca23-419c-8c7b-5840f0cebc70"
  5. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  6. Unknown PNG file

Unknown PNG file: Somhow ther has com a unknown file om my laptop, a png file.. How can it be possibol? its named "iSeeFaceSomewhere_2_14_22_15_10_127" [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-png-file/bd222e4c-8dbe-45f3-9e36-519d8a3e29f9"
  7. .png files in file explorer on W10

.png files in file explorer on W10: hello, when you make a .png file filled with white pixels and transparent pixels, save it in a folder and look at the folder in the File Explorer, you get your .png file with black pixels instead of transparent pixels, and that's good. Now if you replace all white pixels...
  8. Combining files

Combining files: How do I combine several .jpg images into one file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combining-files/ef31b660-85f2-4d0b-a4f1-d0ae91588f38"
  9. Opening PNG files.

Opening PNG files.: I have received an e-mail in my Virgin Mail which has 1 PNG files and 2 GIF files attached. How do I open them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-png-files/59fd1cae-a02f-4cd2-a3a1-772edae09cbf"
  10. Combining files

Combining files: How do I combine a bunch of document files that I created from snip it to make it all one file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combining-files/f67159e3-ed0f-45fc-bb0a-73890fdbbd3b"