Windows 10: Comcast Msg. Re Download From BitTorent ?

Discus and support Comcast Msg. Re Download From BitTorent ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Have a PC that is used by several people, unfortunately. Apparently one of them downloaded some file from something called BitTorent. Am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Robert11 Win User

Comcast Msg. Re Download From BitTorent ?

Hello,

Have a PC that is used by several people, unfortunately.

Apparently one of them downloaded some file from something called BitTorent.
    Am a Sr. Citizen now, very, and know nothing about BitTorent downloading(s).

Receive a nasty eMail from Comcast, which I'll append some of at the end.

Questions:

a. Is this something I should really be worried about (the Comcast msg.) ?

b. Ramifications ? Legal, etc. ?

c. Any way in W10 prohibiting any and all downloads from this Bit Torent ?
    Or possibly prohibiting its use entirely ?

Thanks,
    Bob
    -----------------------------
    Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.

:)

Robert11, Dec 3, 2016

2. msg registered IFilter not found

Running W10 & Office 365

I have a few files that are msg type - these are not being indexed by WDS. On the Indexing Options File Types the msg box is ticked and Registered Ifilter is not found.

I have downloaded, from a Microsoft site the msg Ifilter and installed which reported a success. The indexing option still report the same message. I have ran scanpst - re-index WDS, un-installed msg Ifilter, re-booted, Ran CCleaner on the registry, re-installed
    the Ifilter AND still i have the same problem.

Please any new ideas.

Doc

Doctor_Keo, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Taxmn Win User
    WM7 email will not leave mail on server.

I had the same problem with my Comcast email. I ended up setting up a hotmail account and forwarded email to that address at the Comcast site. Then I just download the email to my phone from the hotmail account.

Taxmn, Dec 3, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

It doesn't say what was downloaded is film,mp3 but it can be serious and you can get very heavy fines for piracy along with that it tends to bring virus down with the torrents. The torrents need removing from the PC and user gold in no uncertain terms he could be in big trouble

Samuria, Dec 3, 2016
  5. SonicBlue Win User
    You should change your password on your pc and lock out who ever is downloading that content for starters. Comcast will send you numbered warnings. If it continues they will cut off your service first.

SonicBlue, Dec 3, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Is there a way to lock out other devices from accessing the cable modem if the device was plugged directly in? If not someone could just unplug Robert's computer and plug in their own. Robert11 you need to stop allowing others to use your internet. If you are using wireless you need to make sure it's password protected. If it already is then you need to change your password. Who ever is doing this doesn't care if you get into trouble.

Winuser, Dec 3, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    If you are sharing this PC with others, you should login as you, as an Administrator user, and change your password. (ie) press CTRL+ALT+DEL/change password. Do not share your password. If anyone wants to use your computer, set them up with their own user logins, in Control Panel/User Accounts and Change their Login account type from Admin to Standard. limiting their access.
    Do a search for Bit Torrent client and uninstall it now search for Bit Torrent downloads and Delete them.
    Let everyone know that illegal downloads will not be tolerated any more.

spunk, Dec 4, 2016
  8. Kyhi Win User

I think you are mis-reading (or I am) but it appears the SOURCE of the copyright material being downloaded is your PC..

Kyhi, Dec 4, 2016
  9. SonicBlue Win User
    Now that makes no sense at all.

SonicBlue, Dec 4, 2016
  10. spunk Win User
    A Bit Torrent file is a P2P file share. While the file is being downloaded, and Once the File is totally downloaded, it is then Shared to other users on the Bit Torrent network from your computer as well as a bunch of other computers.
    Comcast had no way to stop you or your friends from downloading the file to your computer , but they can stop you from Sharing it with others. That is why you need to go to your Download Location and look for any, movies, TV, software, music etc that is in a Shared directory for the Bit Torrent client and delete it.

spunk, Dec 4, 2016
  11. SonicBlue Win User
    I see what your saying but he has not established that he has p2p program. They could dl directly also without it. But I see what Kyhi is saying now.

SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Comcast Msg. Re Download From BitTorent ? - Similar Threads - Comcast Msg Download

2. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comcast email icon: I have Windows 10 on my new laptop, using microsoft edge. how do i get an icon for comcast email? it's not in the start menu. RIght now, I have it in my favorites bar, but it would be more convenient in my task bar. I'm not crazy about Windows Mail....
  3. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comcast email icon: I have Windows 10 on my new laptop, using microsoft edge. how do i get an icon for comcast email? it's not in the start menu. RIght now, I have it in my favorites bar, but it would be more convenient in my task bar. I'm not crazy about Windows Mail....
  4. comcast customer to download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    comcast customer to download: comcast customer to get free Norton https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/comcast-customer-to-download/b3e8871a-996d-4bdc-aea2-ad00cb415fb0
  5. Outlook Email not downloading on Comcast server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Email not downloading on Comcast server: I am not receiving my Comcast Email through my long-time Outlook account. Every time I start the computer, there's a pop-up box that asks me to enter my user name, with ********** in the password box. It does not go away when I click on the OK box. It keeps popping up no...
  6. Norton for Comcast

Norton for Comcast: How do I install Norton for Comcast users on Windows10S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-for-comcast/591dfb22-2954-423e-8b2a-3421aa9eea8e
  7. Cannot Receive Email From Comcast

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Receive Email From Comcast: The last topic I started to this forum got essentially no response for what is now 3 weeks. I'm hoping for a better result. (If anyone's interested, the thread title is Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem). Anyway, my best friend has his email at PTD.net. And it...
  8. Comcast windows 10

Comcast windows 10: I have been using the Windows 10 firewall and Defender.I was reading about a clean install at youtube and got 9 trojans. it is a very good thing I have MBAM installed as it removed all after quarantine. Although the choice of protection is subjective, I need advice because I...
  9. Comcast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comcast: Hello I have a gateway from Comcast which has a router within. I noticed the SSID was different so I went to the router and it was open without using my password. The set up appeared different too. I had typed 10.0...... and it opened to my account without using a password....
  10. Bittorent/Large Transfers causing BSOD!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bittorent/Large Transfers causing BSOD!: Hi Guys, I've just built a brand new gaming PC and I've had it for about a week now. However I notice whenever I leave it on and torrents downloading the computer seems to BSOD and restart. This doesn't seem to happen when Bittorent is not running as steam and other...