Windows 10: Comcast

Discus and support Comcast in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have a gateway from Comcast which has a router within. I noticed the SSID was different so I went to the router and it was open without using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maranna, Mar 20, 2017.

1. maranna Win User

Comcast

Hello
    I have a gateway from Comcast which has a router within.
    I noticed the SSID was different so I went to the router and it was open without using my password. The set up appeared different too. I had typed 10.0...... and it opened to my account without using a password.

I changed the the password and the key and logged out then reset all my devices.

1- Most likely, could Comcast do this or was I hacked?
    I am leery about calling Comcast in case they can mess with my side of the router and will do it again.

2- should I get my own router and bridge theirs?

Thank you
    Peter

PS I used to click in the lower right corner and it would say us2 which is my ssid but now it just says private network. I think they did an overhaul so does this sound right that I cannot get the name within the router and just private network from the ethernet connection?

:)

maranna, Mar 20, 2017
  2. MaryKKVER Win User

Windows 10 Explorer 11 lost the abilty to log into comcast email accounts.

Started Sunday, after entering username and password into comcast login screen, comcast redirects back to home page not to my email folders. Comcast claims not their problem.

MaryKKVER, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Comcast email issue after Windows 10 install

The video problem is not necessarily related to Firefox browser. Lots of people have problems with Comcast videos with several different browsers being used.

I use OPERA browser and can access Comcast well. It is based on the Firefox model.

Have you considered inserting your Comcast email to the Microsoft Metro mail app? Below is a link on how to do this.

How to Setup Comcast Email in Windows 10

Here is link to other Comcast users with the same problem you have. The Comcast forum is by far the best way to contact Comcast about anything.

Solved: Windows 10 and Comcast Email Issues - Xfinity Help and Support Forums - 2575550

DavidG_908, Mar 20, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Comcast

Sounds like your router was reset. I think Comcast could have upgraded the firmware and reset your device. But I am only guessing.

wyldman68, Mar 20, 2017
  5. maranna Win User
    Do any of you want to lend an opinion about using the ISP router or your own?

maranna, Mar 21, 2017
  6. maranna Win User
    Are there any Comcast users who know about their gateway and their router?

maranna, Mar 21, 2017
  7. maranna Win User
    I notice there is a section that stops remote admin management. But if I stop it there is work to be done I don't understand.
    Any ideas?

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Comcast

1. Comcast - Similar Threads - Comcast

2. comcast inboc and calendar entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    comcast inboc and calendar entries: I use the outlook spreadsheet for my emails, but I do not have an outlook email address. I use my comcast email address instead. In the settings it shows comcast as the defaulter email.Someone moved all my comcast emails into the outlook inbox making it look like they are...
  3. comcast inboc and calendar entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    comcast inboc and calendar entries: I use the outlook spreadsheet for my emails, but I do not have an outlook email address. I use my comcast email address instead. In the settings it shows comcast as the defaulter email.Someone moved all my comcast emails into the outlook inbox making it look like they are...
  4. comcast inboc and calendar entries

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows "Ethernet" reporting 536.02 GB usage last 30 days... Comcast reporting 937 GB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Ethernet" reporting 536.02 GB usage last 30 days... Comcast reporting 937 GB...: In Settings under Network Status, Ethernet is reporting 536.02 GB usage in the last 30 days.On my account page with my ISP Comcast, it is reporting 937 GB of usage, in less than 30 days, which is almost DOUBLE!!! Why am I seeing this discrepancy in usage statistics between my...
  6. Windows "Ethernet" reporting 536.02 GB usage last 30 days... Comcast reporting 937 GB...

Windows "Ethernet" reporting 536.02 GB usage last 30 days... Comcast reporting 937 GB...: In Settings under Network Status, Ethernet is reporting 536.02 GB usage in the last 30 days.On my account page with my ISP Comcast, it is reporting 937 GB of usage, in less than 30 days, which is almost DOUBLE!!! Why am I seeing this discrepancy in usage statistics between my...
  7. Windows "Ethernet" reporting 536.02 GB usage last 30 days... Comcast reporting 937 GB...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I am currently using just my comcast email I had to reset my password now I am not getting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am currently using just my comcast email I had to reset my password now I am not getting...: How do I get my emails to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-currently-using-just-my-comcast-email-i-had/c97bbcf4-ff77-478e-ab9d-6657d6539e0b
  9. I am currently using just my comcast email I had to reset my password now I am not getting...

I am currently using just my comcast email I had to reset my password now I am not getting...: How do I get my emails to download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-currently-using-just-my-comcast-email-i-had/c97bbcf4-ff77-478e-ab9d-6657d6539e0b
  10. I am currently using just my comcast email I had to reset my password now I am not getting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing