Windows 10: Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized

Discus and support Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to uninstall all W10 built in Apps. I am using an Admin power shell with cmd, i.e. "Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage" but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lyle39, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Lyle39 Win User

Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized

I am trying to uninstall all W10 built in Apps. I am using an Admin power shell with cmd, i.e. "Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage" but I get a response saying that "Get-AppxPackage" is not recognized. I have checked the forum but cannot find a problem like mine.

System:
    HP sleekbook 15 laptop
    VER: 1607
    Build: 14393.447

Please advise how I can make this command work.

Thanks much

:)

Lyle39, Nov 19, 2016
  2. MaryRoss Win User

Start Menu won't open, Windows 10 is suddenly sluggish

Ok, I tried it but now it says: "Get-AppXPackage" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

MaryRoss, Nov 19, 2016
  3. Upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10, my video player only playing black screen with audio Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized :(

C:\WINDOWS\system32>get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

'get-appxpackage' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Bara Wedaloka, Nov 19, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 19, 2016
  5. Lyle39 Win User
    Thanks much, Brink.

Option one will uninstall some but not all as the "uninstall" option is greyed out.

None of the apps show up in the "programs & features" so am left with trying to make the command work.

I have even did a reinstall of Win10 but no help.

Thanks again
    Lyle

Lyle39, Nov 19, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 19, 2016
  7. Lyle39 Win User
    Thanks again, Brink

I tried this procedure on "Groove Music" and after Reset the Uninstall was still greyed out not allowing
    uninstallation.

This is not a big issue for me . I just thought I would clean up my system.

You have been most cooperative in helping me but do not put in a lot of time trying to resolve it.
    Have a great day!

Lyle

Lyle39, Nov 19, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 19, 2016
  9. Lyle39 Win User
    Lyle39, Nov 19, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 19, 2016
  11. Lyle39 Win User
    You are so right, Brink!!

My ignorance thought Cmd prompt and PowerShell were the same. The get package cmd does now work.

Thanks so much for your professional persistence in educating a dumb ol' boy like me.

Case Closed!!!
    Lyle

Lyle39, Nov 19, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Lyle. Don't sweat it. We have all made similar simple mistakes. I'm glad it's working now for you. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized - Similar Threads - Command AppxPackage recognized

2. Windows 11 - Security App Missing. None of the fixes work. Get-AppxPackage command is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Security App Missing. None of the fixes work. Get-AppxPackage command is not...: Running as local Admin. In an elevated cmd prompt.Use M365 MEM and Defender as security for endpointsI am the only IT Staff and have 162 computers.need a solution that doesn't require hours to use....
  3. Windows 11 - Security App Missing. None of the fixes work. Get-AppxPackage command is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Security App Missing. None of the fixes work. Get-AppxPackage command is not...: Running as local Admin. In an elevated cmd prompt.Use M365 MEM and Defender as security for endpointsI am the only IT Staff and have 162 computers.need a solution that doesn't require hours to use....
  4. PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working: [ATTACH]Get-Appxpackage is a PowerShell command that can display a list of the app packages that are installed in a user profile. It includes all the applications that are installed from the Microsoft Store or third-party apps. When using the command, if you receive an error—...
  5. What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: Hello, i just ran into the problem that i cant use the windows search bar. Everytime i click to search i cant type anything or just one letter and the black search window closes. Tried to solve it by re - indexing (i dont remember exactly how its called) and by using...
  6. Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues: Hello My cousin had some issues with Game Pass and found around internet that he could try to type below command in powershell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”} After doing this...
  7. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In powershell run as administrator when I try to run this command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$$_.InstallLocation\ I get this error: Get-AppxPackage : The term 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name...
  8. Robocopy command is not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy command is not recognized: When I try and run robocopy, I get the following return statement within my command prompt: 'robocopy' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file Is there any way to get this working? I would like to be able to use for...
  9. Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell: While using the command I get this: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/unable-to-use-get-appxpackage-command-in/215276a3-d0dc-4673-99f0-c8102ddee597
  10. A command is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    A command is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH] I am sure you had tried launching programs like ‘CMD’, ‘DISM’ directly from the Run prompt. Ever wondered how they launched instantly? How is Windows OS able to find where its located? A simple example is when you create a [...] This post A command is not recognized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get-appxpackage is not recognized as an internal or external command

2. get-appxpackage is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.

3. get appx command

4. add-appxpackage is not recognized,
  5. The term •Get-AppXPackage is not recognized,
  6. get-appxpackage allusers,
  7. c:\windows\system32>get-appxpackage *windowsphone* | remove-appxpackageget-appxpackage is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. doe,
  8. get-appxpackage not recognized\,
  9. error add-apppackage is not recognized,
  10. the term ppxpackage is not recognised,
  11. add-appxpackage is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.,
  12. get-appxpackage is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file,
  13. get appxpackage not recognized,
  14. Add-AppPackagepx is not recognized,
  15. get appxpackage database is malformed