Windows 10: Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images

Discus and support Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a lot of searching i have only found two possible tools that might do this. The one that seems rated best is called CopyQ. While it did install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, May 24, 2016.

1. Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images

After a lot of searching i have only found two possible tools that might do this. The one that seems rated best is called CopyQ. While it did install and appears to be available, I cannot seem to state to function correctly to get it to copy an image (test.png) to a word document (test.docx) or even paste it to paint *Sad.
    Has anyone here seen this or a similar function that would allow the same thing as right click copy on a picture and right click paste it to a document? It seems this should be a native Windows capability but if it is, i am unable to find it.

I need this to work from command line to be used in a script that performs a number of other functions with other files in the same folders.

:)

questorfla, May 24, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, May 24, 2016
  3. Error 0x80070005 windows 10 store

Can you try the reinstall command again, and post back what's exactly shown in the PowerShell window? It's a single line command; make sure the line doesn't break/wrap.

You can use the mouse to select text, and press CTRL + C to copy the output to clipboard.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 24, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images

I just click on the top bar and do a Select all and copy.

bro67, May 25, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Can you explain this a bit more please? What needs to work from a Command Prompt?

What exactly do you want to do?

Can you lay it out step by step?

Ztruker, May 25, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Ztrucker I think that they are talking about a Macro, which is not going to work in Office. It would have to be VBS on the backend, which really is not good when all of the features are already built into Office and other programs.

I am wondering if this so called program that they posted is actually the culprit of their problems.

bro67, May 25, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Well, Command Prompt has a CLIP command but I still don't understand what is attempting to be done.

Ztruker, May 26, 2016
  8. Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images

Step by step this is it:
    The script has to be run weekly in order to create an image-index for the websites on an Apache Web-server. The command has to traverse the directory structure to each website under web-root and go to the location containing the invitation.png image file for that site. It then has to copy the invitation.png as an image to a Word Document. Next it has to embed that image with the URL for the website that the invitation belongs to. Then move on to the next website in the web-root folder until all are complete.

This purpose of this script is to create a working "Directory File" that displays the Invitation Images for every active site on the server in a manner such that clicking any image would open the associated website.

I agree that there are many ways to do it "one at a time" and that is exactly how it is currently maintained.
    However, there will soon be two additional servers going on line and the weekly changes done one at a time are going to get messy. These sites are for informational purposes and normally don't last more than a couple of weeks before having to be replaced by others.

This is an attempt to automate the task of making all these changes every week by hand.

questorfla, May 26, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Seems like this would be something you could program Word to do with a macro as bro67 hinted at *Smile .

I'm really just guessing though.

Ztruker, May 26, 2016
  10. not sure Word is best choice. I am 90% there in PHP with an HTML output that i just cannot get the file holding the value of the URL to insert it to the right field. As I mentioned, I know nothing at all abut PHP so by the time i get this working i probably will.
    Shame of it is that I only need to do it one time (for now) all new sites can have this coding inserted as the site is made at which time the URL is easy to grab during the creation. I just need it to get the first 70+ existing sites working in the index.
    But thanks for all pointers. Something will become obvious as the "brain-fog" of failures dissipates. *Smile

questorfla, May 26, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    Notepad, Word, etc handles PHP, & HTML, because all that the files are are text. Really do not know why you are blaming the tools, when you are trying to reinvent the wheel.

I write PHP and HTML in Wordpad and Notepad all of the time and have zero issues. Also use the edit feature in Command and Powershell without the need of any third party utilities.

bro67, May 27, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    PHP is the way to go then. You can shell out to run any necessary commands.

There is a lot of help for PHP coding available on the internet. I have an old PHP and MySQL book that I used initially when putting together my home Web Server but now I just search for stuff as needed.

Ztruker, May 27, 2016
  13. BevHoward Win User

I have never heard of a command line way of doing what you are trying to do.

fwiw, I have done this in the past using VFoxPro, but it is not a trivial task and I am sure the same is true in other languages.

A couple of thoughts;

You might check IrfanView's command line options. It is very powerful and can do things such as creating thumbnail images and html files from just selected images. If nothing else, you could create an html file of multiple images, then easily parse that into an index file.

From my person experience, I would suggest using simple html rather than Word to create the document.

Hope that this information is helpful,
    Beverly Howard

BevHoward, May 27, 2016
  14. I agree that Word is not the best choice and my final setup uses Mhtml. What I need is a better way to automate the process. This is used to create a menu of images that are each hyperlinked to the websites they represent. I have a working setup now that was meant to be used as a photo album but i am still looking for other options.
    These are screenshots of the front page of websites that are connected by hyperlink to each of the sites so they can be clicked to get there.

questorfla, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images - Similar Threads - Command line method

2. Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard: Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the ClipboardI am running WIN10 Pro version 2009 on a Laptop. I am currently locking it down hardening it. I would like to know if there is a way I can disable the "clipboard" all together so NO data is stored...
  3. Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard: Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the ClipboardI am running WIN10 Pro version 2009 on a Laptop. I am currently locking it down hardening it. I would like to know if there is a way I can disable the "clipboard" all together so NO data is stored...
  4. Is there a way to disable or remove the "Copy Command" and or the Clipboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Multiple copy paste line issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple copy paste line issue: Whenever I copy text with a new line character or multiple lines at a time, windows will paste multiple blanks lines. I've seen it past over 2000 lines, but most of the time it's a little less than 20 lines. The only way I know how to fix this is to restart the computer, but...
  6. How do I copy a JPEG image using clipboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I copy a JPEG image using clipboard?: I am writing a document in Scribus which requires a number of illustrations. I have to put these on clipboard in order to save the file. I am totally unable to get JPEG images onto Clipboard. I can get PNG files on there and subsequently paste them onto the Scribus document....
  7. Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard

Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard: Does anyone know how to modify the tutorial "Copy Contents to Clipboard" through some sort of command or bat file to copy the contents of multiple text files at once to the clipboard, each file separated by lines/space or something? Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context...
  8. Multiple echo commands in one line?

Multiple echo commands in one line?: Hello Together I have created an undefined number of variables with a for loop and I want to output them one after the other instead of among each other. Does anyone have an idea how to make this happen? Mehrere Echo Befehle in einer Zeile?
  9. How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use File Explorer "Copy path" on command line?: If I highlight files in File Explorer then select "Copy path", it will copy the path of one or more files to the clipboard. For example below I highlighted 3 files then selected "Copy path" which copied the path of the 3 files to the clipboard. Can someone explain to me...
  10. Creating A System Image For Back-up By Using the Command Line

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating A System Image For Back-up By Using the Command Line: Summary: This discussion covers creating a system image to back up your entire computer by using the command line. More Information: Normally, creating a system image can be done by accessing Control Panel->Back-up and Restore Centre (Windows 7)->Create a system image....