Windows 10: Command Prompt Experimental changes

Discus and support Command Prompt Experimental changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone figured out a use for the Opacity setting for Command Prompt on the Experimental tab? I've tried it at many different settings and I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Ztruker Win User

Command Prompt Experimental changes

Anyone figured out a use for the Opacity setting for Command Prompt on the Experimental tab?

I've tried it at many different settings and I just can't see a use for it.

:)

Ztruker, Oct 3, 2014

2. Experimental Tab in command Prompt Properties

I have Windows 10 installed on both my laptop and desktop machines. I an not able to use the Ctl-V function on either machine and when researching the issue determined that the "experimental" tab in the command prompt properties is not there.

How does one get that function in place?

EdwardTaylor84, Oct 3, 2014
  3. Experimental Tab in command Prompt Properties

The 'Experimental' tab has been totally removed in command prompt properties window for Win 10. All the features under that tab have been regrouped under the 'Options' tab.

That should have been the correct answer.

Tedpacheco, Oct 3, 2014
  4. Saltgrass Win User

Not sure exactly what you mean, but if you put the opacity to 30, it becomes almost invisible.. It may come in handy is some circumstances...

Saltgrass, Oct 3, 2014
  5. Ztruker Win User
    That's what I mean and I can't think of a single use for it. If it's invisible then you can't type in it to do anything because you can't see what you're typing (or where).

Ztruker, Oct 4, 2014
  6. Saltgrass Win User
    You might be right, but there may be a use, considering it is easy to see basic type, it might be nice to be able to see through it in case there is some window holding information you might need sitting under it.

Maybe Microsoft is looking for things to give some folks more motivation to move to the OS, you know sort like putting cup holders in your new car..

Saltgrass, Oct 4, 2014
  7. Is everyone else's 'experimental' tab gone now, and the 'ctrl' options just part of the main menu? Or is it just me? Probably just me... oh, and it seems like someone had a good sense of humor - go look at your default setting for lines in your buffer. *Smile

Master0fPuppets, Oct 7, 2015
  8. Amythyr Win User

It is not just you ,the opacity can now be adjusted in Colors tab

Offtopic

Command Prompt Experimental changes [​IMG]

Is this same for everyone

Amythyr, Oct 7, 2015
  9. Thanks. I'm guessing with one of the wonderful updates *cough* it changed 'experimental' to 'release'. I love it when it does that -_-

Oh, and yes, that code page is the same for me... dunno about anyone else though.

Master0fPuppets, Oct 7, 2015
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Could you please show how you got to this? tks

f14tomcat, Oct 7, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Just so ya'll know PowerShell has this capability to pimp too*Smile

Cliff S, Oct 7, 2015
  12. Amythyr Win User
    It is on properties

Amythyr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Command Prompt Experimental changes - Similar Threads - Command Prompt Experimental

2. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do? please someone answer me, urgent....
  3. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  4. Command Prompt Name Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Name Change: Hello, I've been searching the internet for results and I can't seem to get a clear answer. I'm looking to change the name I don't know what else to call it that appears in the Command Prompt once you open it. When you first open CMD it looks a lot like: C:\Users\*name*>...
  5. Changing power via command prompt

Changing power via command prompt: Hello everyone! I was wondering if there was a command that could be entered into command prompt to change the battery settings to "best performance" or to "best battery" . I know that there are ways to change the power plan by using power cfg -s, but I wanted to change the...
  6. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  7. Cant see experimental tab on command prompt

Cant see experimental tab on command prompt: I don't see the experimantal tab on the DOS command prompt even tho I'm running in adminsitrator mode. Doesn't appear to eb a way to enable the ctrl v options....
  8. Change command prompt default directory

Change command prompt default directory: How do I change the command prompt's default directory in Windows 10? I see instructions in Sevenforums to do this in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10. Will the Windows 7 instructions work in Windows 10? 54910
  9. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240