Windows 10: command prompt keeps popping up and minimises my games when it happens

Discus and support command prompt keeps popping up and minimises my games when it happens in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guy's.first time poster,but this little problem i'm having is annoying,to say the least.Every now and then the command prompt screen flashes up.not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phileepo2040, Jun 4, 2017.

1. command prompt keeps popping up and minimises my games when it happens

Hey guy's.first time poster,but this little problem i'm having is annoying,to say the least.Every now and then the command prompt screen flashes up.not so much of a problem when im just on the internet,but it's problematic when i start playing games in full screen.Was gonna start doing some play through vids,but as soon as the command prompt flashes up,it kicks me off the game and onto desktop.I can't read what the command prompt says as it's gone faster than it appears.ive scanned with anti-virus,malwarebytes,windows defender,rkill and sfc /scannow.Nothing.no malware or virus'.i've updated all my drivers and the problem persists.Anyone else having this problem and know of a solution?many thank's in advance

:)

phileepo2040, Jun 4, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

FULL SCREEN APPS AND GAMES KEEP MINIMIZING TO DESKTOP WITHOUT ANY REASON IN WINDOWS 10

What brand and model graphics card was that again ?

"....but it pops up everytime"

Ok! So the pop ups only happen when the game minimises ? I thought you were saying the pop up can happen at any

time, even with only the Desktop active.

You are able to access the games graphics setup screens, and the games run well in Windows mode without having

problems after 15 minutes or so ?

- One potential for a game minimising like this would be if you selected a resolution in the game that does not suit your

monitors native resolution height, eg - 1600x1200 on a monitor with a 1080 or lower height.

- Not sure if it relates to your issue, but you may find something helpful in the article below...

Fix: Windows 10 Fullscreen Problems With Games

- If this pop up only happens when a game minimises, it may be an error message that is not staying on screen.

TDR error is one example of an error that will often just flash by this way.

- Have a look in Windows Event Viewer and see if you can find any errors that occur at the time this event happens.

( Type - eventvwr.msc - into the Run command and select - Windows Logs > Application & System )

BossDweeb, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Command prompt keeps popping up (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cmd.exe.) on Windows 10.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in System Settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When exactly the command prompt appears? Is error message appears as soon as you sign in to the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and check If you getting the same error messages or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I recommend you to boot the compute in clean boot state and troubleshoot with the issue.

Refer to the below link to enter into clean boot state. The below link can also be applicable to Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Clean boot:

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after
    fixing the issue.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 4, 2017
  4. command prompt keeps popping up and minimises my games when it happens

I'm surprised this is not a sticky on many forums as I've seen it come up over and over.

Known issue with Microsoft Office:

• First you’ll need to open the Task Scheduler app as an administrator. Just simply search for the same using Cortana and right-click the app and select ‘Run as administrator’ option
    • On the left, expand the Task Schedule Library option, followed by Microsoft and then select Office.
    • On tapping the Office option, you’ll notice certain options pop up on the right. Right-click on ‘OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration’ and do the necessary — hit ‘disable’

ArnoldLayne, Jun 4, 2017
  5. reddice Win User
    This is one of the reasons why I did not renew my Office 365 sub. Not that but with Office installed it caused Windows Explorer to freeze, crash and reload all the time. I am staying with Libreoffice which is much more stable and free.

reddice, Jun 4, 2017
  6. i don't have office,but i spoke to a guy i'm subbed to on youtube..i used crap cleaner and stopped background processers and sceduled tasks....and it worked

thank's for the replies,guys...much love

phileepo2040, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

command prompt keeps popping up and minimises my games when it happens

1. command prompt keeps popping up and minimises my games when it happens - Similar Threads - command prompt keeps

2. Command prompt keeps popping when restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt keeps popping when restart: I keep getting this black box or the command prompt when booting the computer and I need to close it manually and do my thing however sometimes it will not close and I need to close it by force using task manager. i want it permanently remove once I restart please....
  3. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt keeps popping up: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/63b7e654-e3cb-4666-b62c-117854236ae0
  4. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt keeps popping up: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/63b7e654-e3cb-4666-b62c-117854236ae0
  5. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Command Prompt keeps popping up, "ffwrurr"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt keeps popping up, "ffwrurr": I'm on Windows 11, and command prompt randomly appears and disappears. It's a real hassle when I'm in-game. It shows the pathname "C:\Users\[xxx]\AppData\Roaming\ffwrurr." When I try opening it, it says I'm opening a system file. How do I stop cmd from popping up randomly?...
  7. Command Prompt keeps popping up, "ffwrurr"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt keeps popping up, "ffwrurr": I'm on Windows 11, and command prompt randomly appears and disappears. It's a real hassle when I'm in-game. It shows the pathname "C:\Users\[xxx]\AppData\Roaming\ffwrurr." When I try opening it, it says I'm opening a system file. How do I stop cmd from popping up randomly?...
  8. Random command prompt keep popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random command prompt keep popping up: Few days back, I've noticed CMD popping up and what it does it forces the game to minimize. It doesnt matter what you do it still appear and disappier instantly. It happens few times a day. I'm using NVidia GeForce 1060. I tried few of suggested solution but non of them...
  9. Command prompt keeps popping up with an error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command prompt keeps popping up with an error: For the past few days i keep getting this pop up every minute and it's annoying. I tried windows recovery but that gave me some errors too I even tried to delete some applications that might have something to do with this but nothing worked Can someone please help me with...
  10. Command prompt keeps popping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt keeps popping up: Command prompt keeps popping up. Have tried several spyware programs, with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/67ef2307-45f9-4bef-9cd7-6d56d202db74"