Windows 10: Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing

Discus and support Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I came across this problem 2 weeks ago where cmd.exe windows pops up every hour or so and immediately disappears and minimizes/kicks me out of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FancyFalcon, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing

I came across this problem 2 weeks ago where cmd.exe windows pops up every hour or so and immediately disappears and minimizes/kicks me out of fullscreen applications like when I'm playing a game which is very annoying. I've ran full system scans for viruses with Avast and ran scans with Malwarebytes for any kind of malware but found nothing. I also tried running an SFC scan to see if there was any missing/corrupted files causing these command prompts from popping up but there was none. Disabled my startup programs in the task manager, went to msconfig to disable all the services, and ended all the task in the task scheduler to see if the command prompts would stop but they still keep popping up. I downloaded an application called Process Monitor that keeps an eye out for background processors and found the paths for the cmd.exe windows that keep popping up and they show up to be like this.

cmd.exe - Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\conhost.exe
    cmd.exe - Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\conhost.exe
    cmd.exe - Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\bitsadmin.exe
    cmd.exe - Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\bitsadmin.exe

And these are the command lines for all of them

Command Line: /C C:\WINDOWS\system32\bitsadmin.exe /COMPLETE task3 && C:\WINDOWS\system32\bi3.exe /sparam=gadzftpbl0cshmoau,1d2b95df-be00-4d2c-8598-b6e44401d65e, /rnd=0 2>nul

This is only the lead I have and I feel like the command line is the culprit here but I'm not sure what to do. If anyone could help me out that would be much appreciated.

:)

FancyFalcon, Oct 31, 2016

2. Command prompt keeps popping up (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cmd.exe.) on Windows 10.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in System Settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When exactly the command prompt appears? Is error message appears as soon as you sign in to the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and check If you getting the same error messages or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I recommend you to boot the compute in clean boot state and troubleshoot with the issue.

Refer to the below link to enter into clean boot state. The below link can also be applicable to Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Clean boot:

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after
    fixing the issue.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Command prompt keeps popping up (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cmd.exe.) on Windows 10.

Original Title: Command prompt keeps popping up

This is constantly popping up, scrolling through very quickly, then going away. I was finally able to record my screen and capture it.
    Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing [​IMG]

mityjoe_2000, Oct 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing

dalchina, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Thank you, I'll check it out *Smile

FancyFalcon, Oct 31, 2016
  6. It's been 7 hours now and there has been no cmd.exe windows pop ups. Thanks @dalchina for linking me this thread*Smile

FancyFalcon, Nov 1, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Good news- hopefully. The forum can be a great resource. Don't forget to see the Tutorials.. and invest in disk imaging - e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing

1. Command prompt windows keeps popping up and disappearing - Similar Threads - Command prompt keeps

2. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt keeps popping up: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/63b7e654-e3cb-4666-b62c-117854236ae0
  3. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt keeps popping up: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/63b7e654-e3cb-4666-b62c-117854236ae0
  4. Command prompt keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Command Prompt keeps popping up, "ffwrurr"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt keeps popping up, "ffwrurr": I'm on Windows 11, and command prompt randomly appears and disappears. It's a real hassle when I'm in-game. It shows the pathname "C:\Users\[xxx]\AppData\Roaming\ffwrurr." When I try opening it, it says I'm opening a system file. How do I stop cmd from popping up randomly?...
  6. Command Prompt keeps popping up, "ffwrurr"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt keeps popping up, "ffwrurr": I'm on Windows 11, and command prompt randomly appears and disappears. It's a real hassle when I'm in-game. It shows the pathname "C:\Users\[xxx]\AppData\Roaming\ffwrurr." When I try opening it, it says I'm opening a system file. How do I stop cmd from popping up randomly?...
  7. Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly: So I've been dealing with this for awhile now and it's really getting on my nerves. Every so often, a command prompt will appear and disappear, way too fast for me to take a screenshot. I've looked everywhere for a solution and the most suggested solution I've seen was...
  8. Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt keeps popping up and disappearing randomly: So I've been dealing with this for awhile now and it's really getting on my nerves. Every so often, a command prompt will appear and disappear, way too fast for me to take a screenshot. I've looked everywhere for a solution and the most suggested solution I've seen was...
  9. Command prompt keeps popping up with an error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command prompt keeps popping up with an error: For the past few days i keep getting this pop up every minute and it's annoying. I tried windows recovery but that gave me some errors too I even tried to delete some applications that might have something to do with this but nothing worked Can someone please help me with...
  10. Command prompt keeps popping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt keeps popping up: Command prompt keeps popping up. Have tried several spyware programs, with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-keeps-popping-up/67ef2307-45f9-4bef-9cd7-6d56d202db74"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c:/windows/system/cmd.exe