Windows 10: Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc

Discus and support Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to use the Command Prompt on Windows Repair Disc without a working keyboard? 12712 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mickey12gauge, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc

Is there a way to use the Command Prompt on Windows Repair Disc without a working keyboard?

:)

mickey12gauge, Aug 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 User Account Control

Many thanks for continued support.

Need your clarification(sorry)

1) I have the original Windows 7 Home premium disc purchased in 2010.

2)What does "boot the installation disc(windows 7) and try super admin account commands in command prompt of repair computer" mean.

If you insert disc does this come up as option before a full reinstall commences.?

3) If I have to reinstall W7 is Microsoft supporting it or should I move on to then upgrade to W10.

Thanks again for help

robin hood 1, Aug 3, 2015
  3. L Mttrs Win User
    'non-system disk or disk error, replace & strike any key when ready'

Hi, DDTRi!

Do you have a Windows Repair Disc? If so, follow these steps:

1. Find the key that brings you to the boot menu, it might be F12 or Enter

2. When you get into the boot menu, boot from your repair disc

3. When you boot into the repair disc, find the option "Command Prompt"

4. Go into Command Prompt and type these two commands separately

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

After those two commands it should say something like "Operation Successful"

5. Reboot your PC, hopefully this will have fixed it.

If you don't have repair disc, do these following steps:

Find the key that boots into the BIOS settings

There should be an option to boot into the recovery options

Repeat steps 4 and 5.

Let me know if you have trouble.

- L

L Mttrs, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc

No, as there is no onscreen keyboard capability there.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  5. That stinks... Okay, thank you.

mickey12gauge, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc

1. Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc - Similar Threads - Command Prompt Repair

2. Windows repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  3. Windows repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows repair disc: Hello everyone! Can I create a system repair disc on a movable USB flash drive, because my PC doesn't possess any CD/DVD slot and everytime I try to create one, It says it could not find a CD or DVD burner...
  4. Automatic Repair Command Prompt

Automatic Repair Command Prompt: I am trying to repair my computer in Automatic Repair on Windows 10. However, when I try to run command prompt in this mode it insists I need an administrator account, which i do not have and was actually going to create with command prompt. How do I work around this?...
  5. Command Prompt to Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt to Repair Disk: I found this page when searching for a solution to my BSOD: Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt? I started following zbook's instructions but got immediately confused because for the C Directory it showed my D drive (which I read elsewhere is to be...
  6. Command (s) in Windows 10 Home Repair Command Prompt without reinstalling it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command (s) in Windows 10 Home Repair Command Prompt without reinstalling it: Hello, Dear Sir, please give me a command (orders) in Windows 10 Home Repair without prompting to reinstall it from the beginning. Wait for response! A wonderful day!...
  7. command prompt commands

command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  8. Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt: Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD while installing Windows 10. Please help to get all partitions? Problem: How to get back old partitions? Error Made: Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD, while installing Windows 10. Totally my...
  9. Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair PC-->command prompt: Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD while installing Windows 10. Please help to get all partitions? Problem: How to get back old partitions? Error Made: Unknowingly I fired the clean command in repair pc CMD, while installing Windows 10. My disk...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240