Windows 10: Command prompt's font very small, can't change back

Discus and support Command prompt's font very small, can't change back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This happened after the fall update. It's not a big deal as I can still read it, but it's annoying. [img] 31988 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AppleBread, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Command prompt's font very small, can't change back

This happened after the fall update. It's not a big deal as I can still read it, but it's annoying.

Command prompt's font very small, can't change back [​IMG]

:)

AppleBread, Nov 29, 2015
  2. J. Morris Win User

Command prompt text size is incredibly small

The text in my command prompt looks like a 8pt Consolas font at the maximum. My screen resolution is 1600x900, everything looks the same as it was on Windows 8.1 except the command prompt font is incredibly small. Is there any way I can make this bigger,
    short changing my screen resolution?

J. Morris, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Font Size on windows 10

for some reason the font size changed to very small. Very hard to read. How do I get back to where it was or change setting of fonts.

I cant find any thing in help or settings. I can change size of icons but not print??

Al and GailHeffernan, Nov 29, 2015
  4. SonicBlue Win User

Command prompt's font very small, can't change back

I think if you right click on the title bar and then select properties this will get you to the settings you are looking for.

SonicBlue, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Mc Ruff Win User
    It appears from looking at my Command Prompt settings that you are missing the Consolas and Lucida Console Fonts. Have you tried doing a sfc /scannow to see if that fixes it.

Mc Ruff, Nov 29, 2015
  6. the Command properties font window

Command prompt's font very small, can't change back [​IMG]

so as Mc Ruff said you are missing some fonts

mattfromoz, Nov 29, 2015
  7. scannow didn't fix it but, I manged to figure it out. I upgraded to windows 10 from a windows 7 I bought back when I was in Japan with a Japanese system (which I never bothered to change). The system's command prompt is set to the Japanese code page (932 ANSI/OEM -Japanese Shift-JIS). This code set uses MS Gothic by default for their truetype font. However it seems after the fall update the MS Gothic font is removed

So what I did was simply change the registry 932 at
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Console\TrueTypeFont\
    from MS Gothic to another font and restarted.

I could've also changed the codepage permanently from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage from 932 to 1252 (also typing chcp 1252 in the console temporarily fixes this). So thanks for your help guys, but it seems it's just an obscure problem from upgrading windows with a different system locale.

AppleBread, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Command prompt's font very small, can't change back

1. Command prompt's font very small, can't change back - Similar Threads - Command prompt's font

2. i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font: the default font is SimSun-ExtB. i want to change to Ubuntu Mono ,already installed the font, it's also appear as an option on Font setting too, i set both Defaults and Properties' font to Ubuntu Mono but the font style doesn't changed at all. while Defaults font is set to...
  3. i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to change font style on Command Prompt but it's always set back to default font: the default font is SimSun-ExtB. i want to change to Ubuntu Mono ,already installed the font, it's also appear as an option on Font setting too, i set both Defaults and Properties' font to Ubuntu Mono but the font style doesn't changed at all. while Defaults font is set to...
  4. A very complete command prompt documentation

in Windows 10 Customization
    A very complete command prompt documentation: Hello everyone,A simple question here, where could I find a very complete documentation of command prompt? I've found this one https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/commands-by-server-role but still didn't find what I expected. As...
  5. Command Prompt Name Change

Command Prompt Name Change: Hello, I've been searching the internet for results and I can't seem to get a clear answer. I'm looking to change the name I don't know what else to call it that appears in the Command Prompt once you open it. When you first open CMD it looks a lot like: C:\Users\*name*>...
  6. Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Fonts with Command Prompt: Hi. I am just wondering if there is a command or commands you can input into Command Prompt to delete/get rid of fonts. If anyone has any answers, I would like to know!...
  7. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  8. Desktop font has changed can't change it back

Desktop font has changed can't change it back: Hi my desktop font has changed, it also effects programs like steam and some games, doesn't seem to effect edge but effect firefox. I have tried a few things I've read but nothing seem to change it can anyone help? Thanks Tibs...
  9. Font size suddenly very small

Font size suddenly very small: When I was typing an email the font size suddenly became very small within the email and within every aspect of my Windows 10. I have been unable to return it to its normal size. I cannot even respond to an email because the type is so tiny I cannot even read it. If I try to...
  10. windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small

in Windows 10 Support
    windows upgrade changed my fonts to very small: Windows 10 just did a major upgrade on my computer and changed all my fonts. Desktop items and menus have light small fonts that are hard for me to read. Also I use Chrome and it changed the menu and bookmark fonts there also. very small and light and hard to read. How can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows command prompt font extremely tiny small