Windows 10: Command Window

Discus and support Command Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If type CMD in the search box I get a black screen with white letters that says "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.105876] (c) 2016 Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jun 8, 2017.

1. doncole Win User

Command Window

If type CMD in the search box I get a black screen with white letters that says "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.105876]
    (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\window\System32>

This I believe is called the "Command Window".

I can change the font color and size by right clicking the the title bar.

Now if I run Robocopy or my own program using system_exec(myProgram)

I get a similar widow but of with different font size.

I found this note somewhere on my computer. I assume it came from a Window's installation.

It's not exactly true. If you run Robocopy and set font, window size and position with the title bar>properties. The next time you next time you run Robocopy the setting will remain the same as you set them.

Same for my own programs. Which brings me to my question.

I'm using Euphoria a C++ based program.
    I call the Widows "Dos Windows" (white text, black background) .

Is there a way I can change back and forth between two "Command Windows" sizes on the fly without going through all that properties business?

I can do it with Euphoria but I need to know the ID of the "Command Window"/"Dos Window" or a way to find it.

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jun 8, 2017
  2. MaXi32 Win User

Command prompt bug: Command prompt window hidden and never come back except relaunch

Your problem is different with mine. Did you manually run the command prompt and then it just disappeared ?

MaXi32, Jun 8, 2017
  3. CrissieH Win User
    Command prompt bug: Command prompt window hidden and never come back except relaunch

I'm also having an issue with command prompt. I just upgraded to 10 today. The command prompt keeps appearing and disappearing very quickly. So fast I can't even see what it says, if anything. It's almost a blip, every few seconds. It's knocking me out of
    the WoW screen, which is very annoying. I hope you fix it very quickly, as it's taking time away from games I pay for monthly Command Window :(

It's never done this before the upgrade.

CrissieH, Jun 8, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Command Window

There are effectively two command prompts - one at user UAC level and the admin command prompt having full UAC rights. Press the Windows key + X and you can see both of them. You can configure the fonts in each separately which maybe why you are seeing the different windows layouts.

Steve C, Jun 9, 2017
Thema:

Command Window

1. Command Window - Similar Threads - Command Window

2. How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop?: Since they split out Cortana from the "search" function (which I think was a horrible idea), apparently you can't type anymore. What if I want to type something for Cortana to do and I don't want anyone to hear me or hear a reply from Cortana? Just seems like an effort to...
  3. Momentary Command Window on Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Momentary Command Window on Startup: Whenever I reboot my machine after logging in, I see a momentary command window pop over the GUI desktop. I disappears so quickly, I can't see what program is responsible. I've looked through the event viewer but haven't been able to identify anything there, nor are there any...
  4. Command prompt not working during windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command prompt not working during windows 10 installation: Hello, I am trying to install windows 10 on new computer and receive the error : "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks." The solution is to convert MBR disk to GPT...
  5. Windows Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Command Prompt: Hi, for many months now the windows command prompt has been appearing on my screen for a second or two every hour or so and its quite concerning as recently my laptop died and displayed the blue screen of death. I tried following the steps on the Microsoft support, which...
  6. Windows 10 cant use shutdown command on a network PC! (Access is denied (5))

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cant use shutdown command on a network PC! (Access is denied (5)): Hi I have searched for this issue for few days but could not found any good answer. In my network I have some PC's witch I shutdown remotely. This works for a long time on win 7 but recently I bought a new PC and it has windows 10. Same commands same Network sharing...
  7. Cmd doesn't recognize 'Powershell' as an command in newer Windows version (same with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd doesn't recognize 'Powershell' as an command in newer Windows version (same with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_hate_patrice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e24hcj/cmd_doesnt_recognize_powershell_as_an_command_in/
  8. Linux command in Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linux command in Windows PowerShell: When did Windows incorporate Linux command in PowerShell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-command-in-windows-powershell/a5a16d50-78a3-4d90-9965-d60d3b550231
  9. How do you create windows defender service using command prompt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you create windows defender service using command prompt?: My pc was infected by malware which corrupted the windows registry and I had to do a complete reset to see if I could undo the damage. Ever since the reset, windows update and windows defender services have been removed from the services list and I have to manually type in...
  10. Incorrect icon of command window started with a START command if title is set to a name of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect icon of command window started with a START command if title is set to a name of...: If I start a batch file by using a START command then as usual it has a default black terminal icon in the title. START "Title" cmd But when I use a folder name or a file name that is an existing item in the C:\Windows directory as a title then I get another white-blue...