Windows 10: Commands formerly in Autoexec.bat and Config.sys in older Windows versions

Discus and support Commands formerly in Autoexec.bat and Config.sys in older Windows versions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wrote a DOS based system for maintaining my music collection which I wrote in dBase IV and clipper and which I compiled into an exe file. In order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CountryboySA, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Commands formerly in Autoexec.bat and Config.sys in older Windows versions

I wrote a DOS based system for maintaining my music collection which I wrote in dBase IV and clipper and which I compiled into an exe file.

In order to run the software it was necessary to have the following lines in the autoexec.bat and config.sys files:

1: The AUTOEXEC.BAT contained the following line:

set clipper=f60

2: The CONFIG.SYS file contained the following:

buffers=45

files=60

I now run Windows 10 32bit and on running the music.exe file, the program runs but on the initial run it needs to create/update the required index files, which it seems it can’t do, presumably because the lines which need to be in the autoexec.bat and config.sys are not present.

Please could you assist by letting me know where in Windows 10 I should add the missing parameters in order to determine whether the software will run as before.

:)

CountryboySA, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Commands formerly in Autoexec.bat and Config.sys in older Windows versions :)

3. BF4 Config Utility

New! BF4 Config Utility v1.3

Change Log v1.3

• The latest update changed the config location. This version resolves that issue.
    • Added more console commands in the advanced tab. It's been a very busy day and I hope to have a bigger update tomorrow!
    Get it here! and it's in the OP.

Mindweaver, Jul 10, 2018
  4. ryanly Win User

Commands formerly in Autoexec.bat and Config.sys in older Windows versions

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Commands formerly in Autoexec.bat and Config.sys in older Windows versions

1. Commands formerly in Autoexec.bat and Config.sys in older Windows versions - Similar Threads - Commands formerly Autoexec

2. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  3. older versions of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    older versions of windows: Hi, I have enjoyed using windows 10 and 11 but I loved Windows XP and Windows 7 and was wondering why some older windows cannot be serviced any updated to work on newer PCs I think it would give users more choice of windows....
  4. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  5. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  6. BAD SYS CONFIG INFO BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD SYS CONFIG INFO BSOD: My PC ran into a BSOD and this was the displayed error: BAD SYS CONFIG INFO.Any ways to fix it?Here's everything I think is important to know:1The PC doesn't have any important files, it only has Steam along with a few games and other applications I need for school so I can...
  7. Older "version" of windows 10

Older "version" of windows 10: When I first upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 using Microsoft media creation tool, windows 10 that was installed was the newest versionwith microsoft edge, white search bar and cortana on the task bar and all. After sometime that version was corruptedlagging a lot...
  8. Bad Sys Config

Bad Sys Config: My computer will not Restore. I have two dates that show, but neither one works when I try and restore. The Bad Sys Config error comes up each time I start my laptop. I have tried a few different command prompt work arounds today, nothing works. I have no idea what...
  9. Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB?: We have a computer won't boot into win10. and none of the usual fixit methods work. So we've got a bootable usb with win10 on it like they tell you to do. But when it boots from it we get the same message: system config error. Hex 1 it is when it gives a code.. That...
  10. Change Display With Bat Command?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Display With Bat Command?: So I know pressing window+p brings up a menu that allows you to switch display but I want something like a bat command that when run, would switch the display to "Pc screen Only". How would I do this? 32288

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Where AUTOEXEC.BAT AND CONFIG.SYS FILES ARE LOCATED windows 10

2. how to fix windows 98 is 2gb of ram config.sys and autoexec.bat

3. what happens if you delete autoexec and config on windows 10

4. autoexec.bat and config.sys in windows 10,
  5. how to change autoexec.bat and config.sys,
  6. windows 2012 how to install a autoexec.bat on a ISO so it gets installed,
  7. is there file in windows 10 like autoexec.bat in earlier versions