Windows 10: Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on

Discus and support Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Comodo's free protection installed. Since I installed Windows 10, I keep getting a periodic pop-up message at the lower right of my screen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Journeyman, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on

I have Comodo's free protection installed. Since I installed Windows 10, I keep getting a periodic pop-up message at the lower right of my screen telling me that both Comodo Defense + and Windows Defender are turned off. When I go to the Security and Maintenance window, both programs are shown as Off, but I can't turn on either or both of the programs - all of the options at the bottom of the window are greyed-out except Close. When I check the status of Comodo protection, everything is said to be working; there is no indication that Defense + isn't working. Is the pop-up message a glitch and Defense + is actually working, or are both programs in fact off? Comodo has not responded to my questions about this. Thanks.

:)

Journeyman, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Ed_Holmes Win User

IPv4, IPv6 no Internet after windows10 installed

Comodo Defense+ could not be turned off (Spyware and virus protection). I removed the virus protection program and immediately was able to connect to the Internet. Thanks for kicking me into gear/getting me in the correct direction.

Ed_Holmes, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Windows Defender and Comodo Anti-Virus

You shouldn't run more than one real-time Anti-Malware in your system. So if you are using Comodo , it will turn off Windows Defender. However, if you want to use Windows Defender, you should uninstall Comodo.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on

1. Comodo Defense + & Windows Defender are both off, won't turn on - Similar Threads - Comodo Defense Defender

2. Defender and TotalAV both turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender and TotalAV both turned off: In the past it was possible to click and enable TotalAV .Is there now a permissions problem since the last Windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-and-totalav-both-turned-off/bb72c172-19bb-4998-a9f7-d6ac08dbf3d0
  3. Defender and TotalAV both turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender and TotalAV both turned off: In the past it was possible to click and enable TotalAV .Is there now a permissions problem since the last Windows update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-and-totalav-both-turned-off/bb72c172-19bb-4998-a9f7-d6ac08dbf3d0
  4. Defender and TotalAV both turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows defender turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender turned off: my windows defender got completly turned off by a virus and i need help turning it back on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turned-off/1ace7038-f611-4e3d-a190-a6a133ce76df
  6. Windows Defender turning off.

Windows Defender turning off.: I have Malwarebytes Premium and I use Windows Defender as a primary scanner, but whenever i update or restart, it turns itself off and i have to turn it back on. Is this normal or something?...
  7. turning off windows defender

turning off windows defender: [ATTACH]i need help because i'm not sure,if i turned off my windows defender will these threats comeback and be allowed? the other 3 at the top are removed or restored so please help....
  8. Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.: I just got a notifications that says "Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off. " When I go into Virus & threat protection its says that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization. Which is not possible cause its my pc at home which...
  9. eset and windows defender are both turned on

eset and windows defender are both turned on: Eset smart security says it is working properly, and windows security center says both are turned on. what to do? Leave it that way? If not, how to turn off defender? 41877
  10. Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off."

Pop-up : "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off.": Every time I start my PC lately, I get a Windows notification that pops up in my action center that says: "Windows firewall and Comodo firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options" Clicking it asks me if I want to turn on either one. Why does this...