Windows 10: Comp restarts after update even though option is set to not do this

Discus and support Comp restarts after update even though option is set to not do this in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is extremely frustrating. I'm on win 10 pro and have the "notify to schedule restart" option checked in windows update. Yet, today and in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bobsagetfullhou, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Comp restarts after update even though option is set to not do this

This is extremely frustrating. I'm on win 10 pro and have the "notify to schedule restart" option checked in windows update. Yet, today and in the past after I start updates and leave my computer for a bit, I will sometimes find it magically restarted when I come back. No warning or anything. This time I happen to be uploading a very large file to the internet which I now have to restart.

Anybody else eperiencing this. Any way to fix?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 27, 2015
  2. ravidavi Win User

Maps goes online even though it's set not to

In addition to unchecking AGPS in positioning methods, you have to go to Positioning Server -> Positioning Server Use and set that to "Disabled" (this is where you normally specify what AGPS server to use). Otherwise it will, for some strange reason, still
    try to use the AGPS server.

See there's this thing called "software testing" that Nokia doesn't really believe in.

Ravi

ravidavi, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Maps goes online even though it's set not to

I noticed that whenever I open Maps on my N85, a data transfer occurs, which can be seen from the 3G icon turning into the 3.5G icon with the arrows underneath, as well as from the "Mobile Internet" Log entry created afterwards.

Why this is strange is because I have set Maps to never go online, AND I have unchecked the A-GPS method of positioning from Settings|Positioning|Positioning methods. I would have thought, therefore, that Maps will not go online when it starts - which it does.
    This is particularly inconvenient because I am currently abroad (i.e. mobile data transfers are expensive) and using the GPS quite often; the data transfers have summed up to a few hundred KB already, and I'd rather they did not continue this way. Can anyone
    help?

longtalker---01, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

Comp restarts after update even though option is set to not do this

1. Comp restarts after update even though option is set to not do this - Similar Threads - Comp restarts update

2. Help Me ! Update doesn't apply after restarting even though it installed in device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help Me ! Update doesn't apply after restarting even though it installed in device.: Please help! I tried to update my windows 10 pro version-1803 to 22h2 but update doesn't apply after restarting, even though updates have been installed. And i used microsoft assistance for the update but nothing happened. i don't know how to fix this problem....
  3. Help Me ! Update doesn't apply after restarting even though it installed in device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Me ! Update doesn't apply after restarting even though it installed in device.: Please help! I tried to update my windows 10 pro version-1803 to 22h2 but update doesn't apply after restarting, even though updates have been installed. And i used microsoft assistance for the update but nothing happened. i don't know how to fix this problem....
  4. Help Me ! Update doesn't apply after restarting even though it installed in device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my system time not updating even though set to auto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system time not updating even though set to auto: my system time not updating even though set to auto[Moderator note: thread moved from the Office category to Windows] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-time-not-updating-even-though-set-to/505953a2-9926-4b02-9d86-0524d2a2ed77
  6. my system time not updating even though set to auto

my system time not updating even though set to auto: my system time not updating even though set to auto[Moderator note: thread moved from the Office category to Windows] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-time-not-updating-even-though-set-to/505953a2-9926-4b02-9d86-0524d2a2ed77
  7. Automatic windows update restarts restarts open software even though option is turned of

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic windows update restarts restarts open software even though option is turned of: I have windows 11, but had this issue in windows 10 too. Did not bother me a lot due to the fact that my own home computer have automatic windows update completely turned off, i like to have control over when the updates downloads, installs and a restart is needed and not...
  8. Automatic windows update restarts restarts open software even though option is turned of

Automatic windows update restarts restarts open software even though option is turned of: I have windows 11, but had this issue in windows 10 too. Did not bother me a lot due to the fact that my own home computer have automatic windows update completely turned off, i like to have control over when the updates downloads, installs and a restart is needed and not...
  9. Windows will not save my settings after update even though i am the Administrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not save my settings after update even though i am the Administrator.: Everytime i change something on my desktop, e.g change background or move a shortcut and then restart my computer it will not save. I am the administrator but the problem keeps on occuring. And i get a notification saying, " The administrator or organisation has set this said...
  10. I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after...: Today 9th 10th may 3 or 10:00 a.m. banaya received the update of windows 10 21 date I immediately updated that in mind for mistake ever I think I should have installed this because my PC has finished installing this update my PC was updated and shutdown when I turn it on and...