Windows 10: Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

Discus and support Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Casey Maxwell, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This is genuinely annoying because we can't sign our company name on our company software.It flags it as a Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml even if the file is completely safe. Removing the word "vShepherd" from the file fixes the issue.No other antivirus software does this and its annoying because anything I send to other developers we constantly have to whitelist our Windows Defender in other to open prototype software.

:)

Casey Maxwell, Mar 2, 2024

2. Defender flags a Trojan in Pulse VPN install exe file

I need to install the Pulse VPN client, but Defender flags the following Trojan in it "Trojan:Win32/Varpes.K!cl".

I loaded 2 other malware/AV packages and neither flagged the same issue. Is this a Defender false-positive?

fasteddie(2), Mar 2, 2024
  3. Defender flags a Trojan in Pulse VPN install exe file

Thx for the suggestions. When I looked in properties it seemed to suggest it was v8.x, yet the last version I could find to download was v5.x so seemed a bit of a mismatch. I tried 4 or 5 other anti-virus/malware scanners and none flagged this Trojan in
    the file. Anyway I took it to our IT to sort out and they got it installed, although I suspect all they did was treat it as a false-positive and Allowed it Defender!

fasteddie(2), Mar 2, 2024
  4. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

C# EXE and MSI considered as trojan by Windows Defender on Windows 10

Hi,

I developed a C# exe and a service (Windows Service). Few Windows 10 machines flag that as having Trojan Win32\Critet.BS. Which is false positive. Is there a way to report that to Microsoft and know what
    might be causing it.

Reason is for a user seeing this warning by Defender is scary. Any link/tutorial or suggestions will be helpful

Deepak.cvo, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

1. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan. - Similar Threads - Company name specific

2. Flagged Trojan in Icloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flagged Trojan in Icloud: file: C:\Users\currenuser\AppData\Local\Packages\AppleInc.iCloud_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Local\Apple Inc\iCloudDriveAppData\Staging\FC8DD936-A1AF-4ED1-B622-6D12652A3874.binI am getting this notification about a trojan but i am kind of sure it is a false positive. I tried...
  3. Flagged Trojan in Icloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flagged Trojan in Icloud: file: C:\Users\currenuser\AppData\Local\Packages\AppleInc.iCloud_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Local\Apple Inc\iCloudDriveAppData\Staging\FC8DD936-A1AF-4ED1-B622-6D12652A3874.binI am getting this notification about a trojan but i am kind of sure it is a false positive. I tried...
  4. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.: Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This is genuinely annoying because we can't sign our company name on our company software.It flags it as a...
  5. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  6. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  7. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Our companies application is flagged by Microsoft Defender as Misleading:Win32/Lodi. How to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Our companies application is flagged by Microsoft Defender as Misleading:Win32/Lodi. How to...: Hello,Our software is being flagged by Microsoft Defender as a false positive. It makes it very hard for our users to install and trust the application. Realtime protection slows the application start by a lot. The sad part is that we tried contacting the Microsoft Support...
  9. Our companies application is flagged by Microsoft Defender as Misleading:Win32/Lodi. How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our companies application is flagged by Microsoft Defender as Misleading:Win32/Lodi. How to...: Hello,Our software is being flagged by Microsoft Defender as a false positive. It makes it very hard for our users to install and trust the application. Realtime protection slows the application start by a lot. The sad part is that we tried contacting the Microsoft Support...
  10. Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender flagged my C++ Program as Trojan: I was Working on Sublime Text 3 and wrote a Simple Hello World Program when I compiled it and tried to run the executable Windows Defender flagged the executable Hello.exe as Trojan.. [ATTACH] it was just a C++ Hello World Program......