Windows 10: Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install

Discus and support Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The desktop originally had Vista on it then I installed Windows 7 Home Premium and tried to update to Windows 10 but ran into some issues with updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by grego86, Jul 20, 2016.

1. grego86 Win User

Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install

The desktop originally had Vista on it then I installed Windows 7 Home Premium and tried to update to Windows 10 but ran into some issues with updates. So I just did a clean install and everything is working flawlessly except for the sound and after a few updates it says its fully updated now. I've even downloaded the HP Support Assistant and it says it can't find any updates. So I ventured on to the Compaq website and tried to download the drivers from there but the highest OS they offer for my desktop is Windows 7. It says the drivers are installed but i still dont have any sound.

Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install [​IMG]

:)

grego86, Jul 20, 2016
  2. Miguel63 Win User

Updating from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 10

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 (32 bit) with Windows Vista Ultimate. How do I update to Windows 10 and how much will it cost?

I have a Compaq CQ5110Y PC (32 bit) with Windows Home. How do I update to Windows 10 and how much will it cost?

Miguel63, Jul 20, 2016
  3. lavapasta Win User
    No audio after Windows 10 Clean Install

Purchased a Sabrent USB Audio Stereo Sound Adapter, and that works. However I would still like a solution that would allow me to play audio directly through my motherboard. I believe this demonstrates the issue is definitely driver wise on Windows side.

lavapasta, Jul 20, 2016
  4. grego86 Win User

Btw I did try the driver for realtek thats in the sticky thread and it says I already have the latest driver installed.

grego86, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Compaq Cq5110Y no audio after Windows 10 clean install - Similar Threads - Compaq Cq5110Y audio

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. after clean install no audio detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after clean install no audio detected: After clean install on a new sata SSD, I am facing issue of no audio device detected. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, reset the PC, done everything but no use....
  4. No Audio Settings Icon After Clean Install

No Audio Settings Icon After Clean Install: Just did a clean install my windows 10 laptop, and now my audio icon and quite possibly a few other icons are missing. This is the first time I've done a clean install so I've probably done a few things wrong. After I finished doing the clean install, I went to...
  5. After a clean install of Windows 10, no audio on system

After a clean install of Windows 10, no audio on system: After a clean install of Windows 10 on a new hard drive, everything is back up except the sound. I have no audio on the system, my speakers are working, I tested them on my phone. I ran the Troubleshooting on the device; results were "No speakers, headset or headphones are...
  6. No sound on windows 10 after clean install

No sound on windows 10 after clean install: A few months ago I wiped the computer hard drives clean and reinstalled windows 10. After the new install the external computer speakers will not work. I know they work with windows 10 as they did before the clean install which was 10. The speakers work just fine when...
  7. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  8. Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10

Audio noise issues after clean install of Windows 10: I was using Open Broadcaster Software to live stream, and since my mic has always had issues with noise (cheap mic on headset), I decided to try out a plugin for OBS called Microphone DSP, which claimed it would remove noise in real time and had auto-gain features. It worked,...
  9. Audio glitches after windows 10 clean install, I've tried everything!

Audio glitches after windows 10 clean install, I've tried everything!: The problem: Streaming audio (or video) through a browser, chrome in this instance (I've tried others). I like to have pandora/youtube playing while I work on my files in lightroom and photoshop, the audio is fine while chrome is the selected window, but as soon as it's in...
  10. Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10: Hey So I did a clean install of windows 10 because my computer was running slow, but now I would like to downgrade back to windows and I don't have the "windows.old" because of the clean install. Could someone please help me figure out a way to downgrade to my old...