Windows 10: Compaq rollback 10 to 8.1 Pro (x64)

Discus and support Compaq rollback 10 to 8.1 Pro (x64) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was (over the telephone) attempting to assist someone rolling their Compaq Presario CQ57 back from 10 Pro x64 to 8.1 Pro. The upgrade was done on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zoloft, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Zoloft Win User

Compaq rollback 10 to 8.1 Pro (x64)

I was (over the telephone) attempting to assist someone rolling their Compaq Presario CQ57 back from 10 Pro x64 to 8.1 Pro. The upgrade was done on 8/18, so well within the 30 day window.

Using the standard roll back option from the recovery menu, we get an error that states that any newly created user accounts must be deleted before the roll back can be complted (in this case, it references that original account, we'll call it "Jane"). No new user accounts were created, only the original "Jane" user account exists. The original account was a Local account, we attempted to make a microsoft account, that did not help issue.

We backed up Jane, and then activated the hidden admin account. Logged in as Admin, we then deleted the "Jane" account, and attempted the roll back once again. This time it tells us that the new Admin account must be deleted before we can roll back. I also cleared out all temporary accounts that were in the User folder. Windows.old was not deleted and still present during this whole time.

Running with Admin as the user gave numerous errors, such as Edge not working at all, and system restore being diabled. This was a big issue, as, after this failure, we attempted a system restore to before we began this process (I was smart enough to create a restore point), but, because running with the Admin account disabled system restore, all the restore points were deleted, once Volume Shadow Copy was re-enabled, system restore was available (but, the restore points were gone.)

I left her last night, doing a system refresh, and told her I'd call back today. From what I understand, the refresh will not roll back to factory, but back to a clean install of 10.

Has anyone encountered an issue like this, and found a way to roll back, or, is she stuck with 10, unless she does a clean install via disc of 8.1?

Thanks,

Russell

:)

Zoloft, Aug 31, 2015

2. Win 10 boot manager GUI menu, no mouse pointer

I don't understand your answer. Can you explain further please.

If you are suggesting that I have a hardware problem let me point out that I have a 5 year old home built desktop with an ASUS motherboard, a Dell display, a Logitech keyboard and mouse. They all worked happily on Win 7 Pro, Win 8 Pro, Win 8.1 Pro, and then
    failed on Win 10 Pro. One failing partition has Win 10 x86 and the other x64. The non failing partition is Win 10 Pro x64. Those were all retail versions of Windows.

My other machine was a laptop which worked happily on OEM Win 8.1 x64, retail Win 8.1 Pro x64, and then failed on retail Win Pro x64.

My belief is that there is a Windows software problem which inhibits the mouse pointer when I do an upgrade install to Win 10.

Bob

Bob_Denton, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Hyper-V causing boot loop in Windows 10 Pro x64

After upgrading to Windows 10 x64 Pro from Windows 8.1 x64 Pro and activating Hyper-V in Windows 10 x64 Pro my computer reboots. After a couple of tries it goes in automatic repair and attempts to repair the startup. This cycle just repeats itself.
    I tried many combinations of things in the bios, shutting down, reseting the defaults in bios and nothing has worked so far. I rolled back to Windows 8.1 Pro and Hyper-V works fine. I use Hyper-V with the emulators for phone and tablets in Visual Studio
    2013 and 2015. Re installed the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and activated Hyper-V and same reboot loop occurs. The only way I can boot into Windows 10 x64 Pro is disable Virtualization in bios. Anyone else having similar problems with hyper-V on Windows
    10 x64 Pro?

Thanks for your help?

DouglasHogue, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Compaq rollback 10 to 8.1 Pro (x64)

1. Compaq rollback 10 to 8.1 Pro (x64) - Similar Threads - Compaq rollback Pro

2. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  3. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  4. Windows Script Component [1, 1] Bilinmeyen hata Win 10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Script Component [1, 1] Bilinmeyen hata Win 10 Pro x64: Her açılışta bu hatayı alıyorum,daha önce aynı sorun için auto run programı önerilmiş fakat çalışmıyor autorun exe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-component-1-1-bilinmeyen-hata-win/1d95e34d-4867-407f-85a6-2a74048e62cc
  5. Hp Compaq pro 6300 Graphic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Compaq pro 6300 Graphic card: Can anyone tell me what max graphic card can i put in Hp compaq pro 6300 core i5 3rd gen if I increase the power supply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-compaq-pro-6300-graphic-card/3e25d5f2-100c-46e6-99bf-2c864d8315fb
  6. HP compaq 6200 mt pro Running Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP compaq 6200 mt pro Running Windows 10: This desktop i bought recently from ebay as a game ready it does game well but the Intel I5 2400s runs at 100% constantly when im in Modern Warfare yet the Temp stays at around 70 degrees C. so i plan to upgrade i've added 2 screen shots of CPUz and the specs of the mainboard...
  7. Compaq CQ61 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compaq CQ61 and Windows 10: I have a Compaq CQ61 laptop running Windows 7 (64 bit). I updated the software and installed the latest drivers. I installed Windows 10 version 1809 and it ran well. It would not update to Win 10 version 1903. I tried using the media creators tool and nothing happened. It got...
  8. Will Windows 10 Pro run on a Compaq Deskpro XE 433 Computer?

Will Windows 10 Pro run on a Compaq Deskpro XE 433 Computer?: This is talking about if Windows 10 Pro will run on a Compaq Deskrpo XE 433 Computer, because there are people out there that still has old Compaq Deskpro XE 433 Computers out there laying around in their basement or attic which still works real good, it is dangerous to dump...
  9. Update 8 pro to 10

Update 8 pro to 10: I have windows 8 pro and i want it to upgrade in windows 10 using media creation tool , how much data required for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-8-pro-to-10/30dd0980-2731-481a-bd40-dfaee7084768
  10. Hitman Pro detected Trojan after Windows 10 Update 1/8/2019

Hitman Pro detected Trojan after Windows 10 Update 1/8/2019: After an automatic Windows 10 update on 1/8/2019, Hitman Pro detected a Trojan which it identified as c:\\windows\sysWOW64\d2dl.dll. The information screen said that this Trojan had just been installed, that the publisher was Microsoft Corporation, and that it was a protected...