Windows 10: Compare assembled PC hardware build scores

Discus and support Compare assembled PC hardware build scores in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a reliable website to compare assembled PC hardware through some score and compare them with price? I currently came across this website... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by archz2, Jan 26, 2018.

1. archz2 Win User

Compare assembled PC hardware build scores

Is there a reliable website to compare assembled PC hardware through some score and compare them with price?

I currently came across this website

Home - UserBenchmark

Unfortunately, it does not allow to add the capacities for graphic cards like 2GB, 4GB, etc. This makes comparison futile.

:)

archz2, Jan 26, 2018

2. Can't Activate

The way I see it.

OEM versions are for Computer Builders, not hardware manufacturers. HP, Dell, Acer etc... don't manufacture any hardware parts themselves, they only assemble the PCs, so do individuals who build (assemble) a PC, as long as they adhere to the licensing
    agreement. Activating OEM software that Microsoft licenses is the basic purpose of the software they license, MS OEM software can only be activated by Microsoft Servers, not any hardware or computer manufacturer, so it's Microsoft's responsibility to make
    sure it happens for legally acquired software!

I'll let you know what happens.

PeteStepanoff, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Allocating more memory to specific proccesses.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Run the benchmark compare the scores. I will wait until you do.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 26, 2018
  4. Compare assembled PC hardware build scores

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 27, 2018
  5. archz2 Win User
    These websites provide individual component ratings and assembled PC ratings.

I am looking for a website where I specify a product in each of the drop down menu for two builds then compare them. This would help to compare multiple combinations based on my own choice, not the builds that has already been made by someone else.

For example I want to compare these two builds

1. intel i7-8th generation processor, 8GB DDR 4 Ram, WD hard drive 1 TB and NVIDIA GT 730 processor of 2GB. (This information I can enter manually in those websites)

2. intel i5-8th generation processor, 8GB DDR 4 Ram, WD hard drive 1 TB and NVIDIA GT 1050 processor of 4GB.

archz2, Jan 27, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Jan 27, 2018
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    You can try this site out, it may do what your looking for.
    Pick parts. Build your PC. Compare and share. - PCPartPicker

OldMike65, Jan 27, 2018
  8. archz2 Win User

I already went on this website before starting this topic. This website only calculates the prices of the parts and checks for compatibility issues. It does not provide any performance grades or scores that can be compared.

archz2, Jan 27, 2018
  9. archz2 Win User
    I don't understand this procedure. How will I assess the final performance if I compare the individual components separately?

For example if I want to compare these builds, how will I compare the final performance score through their individual parts using this userbenchmark.com website?

1. Core i7 - 7700K, 2GB Nvidia GT 730 DDR5 graphics, 8GB DDR4 memory.

2. Intel Core i5-8400 , GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition 4GB, 8GB DDR4 memory.
    3. AMD RYZEN 7 SERIES 1700, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition 4GB, 8GB DDR4 memory.

archz2, Jan 27, 2018
  10. CountMike New Member
    Total system performance you can only compare with identical systems benchmarked with identical (including version) benchmark SW and even than results could be iffy. The best one can do to compare individual components for certain tasks you would use them for. I think you are asking for impossible thing.

CountMike, Jan 27, 2018
  11. archz2 Win User
    Okay, so how does one make a better buying decision for the entire system performance using your method? I am confused now. Please elaborate.

archz2, Jan 27, 2018
  12. CountMike New Member
    I first determine main uses for a computer and according to that start with processor (comparing it with same class) , next is MB for it and amount of compatible RAM, next is GPU according to it's use and taking care that there's no bottleneck between it and CPU.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Compare assembled PC hardware build scores - Similar Threads - Compare assembled hardware

2. "current" Assembler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "current" Assembler: Is there a "current" version of MASM, using ML64 perhaps, specifically one that has an IDE?I used to use MASM on an 8086 PC, many years ago and want to do some new development in Assembler.In particular, I want to convert some old games I wrote, to use modern hardware....
  3. Brand new assembled PC but continuous BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new assembled PC but continuous BSOD: Hello everyone,a few month ago i posted with my wrong accout about the same problem, you can found the original thread here.HW:- i9-12900K- Asus Maximus Formula Z690- nVidia RTX 3080Ti/3090Ti- 2xm.2 SSD _ 1x OS _ 1x Videogames- Corsairs HX1200I wanted to update it but it's...
  4. Brand new assembled PC but continuous BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new assembled PC but continuous BSOD: Hi, about a month ago I started buying on amazon it, es, de the HW components for my new desktop PC. From the moment I received all the components and was able to use the PC I had several problems of different nature. First problem: with HDMI cable connected to the video card...
  5. FreeCell score

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FreeCell score: My dad was really proud of his freecell score. I was thinking about getting him a new computer. I signed him up for a Microsoft account for his games. That saved all his freecell wins. Then I logged in from my computer and he got all my losses. Is there any way to fix that?...
  6. Windows hardware error (Custom PC build)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hardware error (Custom PC build): Hi, I recently built my own pc. 3700x, RTX 3070, Aorus X570, G skills ripjaws V 16gb. As I was just talking to a friend on discord I got a black screen as if there no output from my GPU and then it came back. When I checked the reliability report it showed a Hardware Error....
  7. Klondike scoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Klondike scoring: I don't get credit for a winning hand on Klondike scoring every time. It seem like its 50% of the time. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/klondike-scoring/8337e329-420e-411d-b682-875d7e68e59c
  8. Solitare scoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solitare scoring: I choose to play Solitaire with the timing off. Why do my scores include timing? And how is the time of a game scored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solitare-scoring/231228be-4cc3-45a6-9d80-88aeef1f6ce5
  9. Windows 10 Activation - Upgrading from a older assembled PC to a new assembled PC (Non OEM)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation - Upgrading from a older assembled PC to a new assembled PC (Non OEM): Hello All, I had a 10 year old system that we were using. It was an assembled PC. We were using Windows 7 on it. When Windows 10 came out offering the free upgrade, I did it. The system kept showing that the Windows 10 license for my PC is now linked to my email ID. Since...
  10. scoring problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scoring problem: When playing klondike solitaire sometimes when I win I don't get points, instead a message already earned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scoring-problem/020df60a-e31d-42bf-93af-04c3afa13ebe