Windows 10: Compatibility Assistant Reminders/Notifications

Discus and support Compatibility Assistant Reminders/Notifications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time that I start up my laptop and load up my desktop, Compatibility Assistant gives me the exact same reminders every time. What do I need to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Geathman707, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Compatibility Assistant Reminders/Notifications

Every time that I start up my laptop and load up my desktop, Compatibility Assistant gives me the exact same reminders every time. What do I need to do to stop this constant notification every time that I start up my system?
    Notifications:
    We turned on Windows Defender
    Spybot - Search & Destroy was removed

This app is no longer available
    Lenovo VeriFace was removed from your PC because it doesn't work on this version of Windows.

This app is no longer available
    Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio was removed from your PC because it doesn't work on this version of Windows.

:)

Geathman707, Dec 8, 2015

2. Pop Up Reminders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Please reply to us with answers to the following questions so we can assist you better.

• Just to clarify, what do you mean by "reminders"?
    • Are you referring to email notifications ?
    • Are you referring to the alarm for an event for Windows Live Mail?
    • Please enumerate the steps you do when you are setting up the reminder or event.

Have you tried to enable the option to send reminders via web calendar? If not yet, please follow these steps and check if it helps.

1. Sign in here
    http://calendar.live.com/

2. Click Options located on the upper right of the page.

3. Under Turn notifications on or off tick the button beside
    Get notifications (reminders, changes to calendars, and daily summaries).

Furthermore, please set the date of reminders of your calendar by following these steps:

1. Sign in here
    http://calendar.live.com/

2. Select any of your calendar on the left pane.

3. Under Notifications click Add a reminder then follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: If a reminder is already configured you can just edit the time of notification.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Regards,

Rakesh.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Does WP8 provide this behaviour...

Okay, I've thought about it and I have an idea that might work for you nicely...

You could turn on the Windows Live Calendar notifications so that an email is sent to you when the reminder alerts are fired. Then if you miss a reminder, you could check your email to see a complete list of your reminder notifications, deleting those that
    you've managed. To reduce the amount of clutter in your Inbox, you could create a rule in your Windows Live account where the reminder notifications are going, to automatically move the notifications to a "notifications" folder. In this way you could create
    your own personal notification queue.

Julie fka profjulie, Dec 8, 2015
  4. pjhutch Win User

Compatibility Assistant Reminders/Notifications

Application notifications can be turned off via Settings, System, Notifications & actions. Locate the app in the list and switch it to Off.
    Sometimes, apps can add update notices in Task Scheduler and disable any app specific tasks there too.

pjhutch, Dec 8, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, this isn't an attempt to answer your question directly- apologies if you already know this. Just in case.
    Presumably you've received the November TH2 upgrade.
    This is known to uninstall certain programs including Spybot.
    It also may damage your AV/firewall, which may explain why Defender is running.

The other two have been deemed incompatible and uninstalled, but you might be able to reinstall them, or perhaps a later version if available.

Other changes made by this upgrade are widely documented.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Compatibility Assistant Reminders/Notifications

1. Compatibility Assistant Reminders/Notifications - Similar Threads - Compatibility Assistant Reminders

2. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  3. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  4. Notifications & Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications & Focus Assist: Can anyone help me please I have notifications and focus assist both turned on to receive notifications but I am not receiving any notifications to the action centre on my pc. I stopped receiving all notifications a few days ago.Many ThanksSarah...
  5. Notifications & Focus Assist

Notifications & Focus Assist: Can anyone help me please I have notifications and focus assist both turned on to receive notifications but I am not receiving any notifications to the action centre on my pc. I stopped receiving all notifications a few days ago.Many ThanksSarah...
  6. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Program Compatibility Assistant gives me continuous alerts that "an app can't run on this device" but the alert doesn't say which app and all the apps I'm using are running fine. I've tried everything suggested in these forums to turn off this bothersome notification without...
  7. stop program compatibility assistant notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stop program compatibility assistant notifications: when closing my older games, a prompt appears for program compatibility assistant. if i click run program, the prompt still appears. i can't use gpedit.msc since i'm on 10 home. the prompt looks like this. windows 10 home [1909, build 18363.1256] submitted by...
  8. Compatibility Assistant notifications every time I boot up

Compatibility Assistant notifications every time I boot up: Hi, A couple of days ago Windows 10 updated to version 2004. Since then I get the following notification every time I boot up: [img] I've tried clicking "Manage notifications" but the above app isn't listed and there doesn't seem to be any way to turn the notifications...
  9. Problem with notification assistant

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with notification assistant: Hi everyone. I've got a problem with the notification assistant of windows 10. When i go on the desktop, without any windows opened, the assistant activates itself and I can't receive any notification and have to shut off it manually. It happens every time. I partially solved...
  10. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: ¿How to disable it? [img] [img] 3130

Users found this page by searching for:

1. compatibility assistant notifications

2. compatibility assistant windows 10 notifications

3. turn off notifications from compatability assistant

4. TURN OFF notification for compatibility assistant