Windows 10: Compatibility mode for W10

Discus and support Compatibility mode for W10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 64bit. Is there a way to switch a bat file to compatibility mode? The only options I see in the bat properties are: General -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jwrath, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Jwrath Win User

Compatibility mode for W10

I have Windows 10 64bit. Is there a way to switch a bat file to compatibility mode?

The only options I see in the bat properties are: General - Security - Details - Previous Versions.

:)

Jwrath, Aug 17, 2018

2. Compatability with W10

Has anyone produced a list of old programs which will still run in W10? I still use several programs which originate from the XP era including Microsoft Money 2002 etc. These run OK in W7 when using the compatability mode. Will this functionality exist
    in W10?

Auntratswisk, Aug 17, 2018
  3. GRS440 Win User
    Compatability with W10

Hi Zigzag 3143, sorry for the slow response but been away for a few days.

I did check the Microsoft W10 compatibility list and MS Money (Sunset deluxe) was checked as compatible. But every time I tried to run the progam it insisted I needed to install IE6 (even though I'd been using Money on W8.1 successfully).

However, I managed to find a solution (more of a workaround than a solution) at the following link

Windows 10 Compatibility with Microsoft Money

GRS440, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Compatibility mode for W10

w10 upgrade

Hi Billy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue can occur due to corrupted/incompatible display drivers on the computer. So I would like you to follow the steps:

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the Mice and other pointing drivers.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’

If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Compatibility mode for W10

1. Compatibility mode for W10 - Similar Threads - Compatibility mode W10

2. windows compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows compatibility mode: Random steam games will crash at startup and are unable to be played. When I went to compatibility mode, it only gives the option to run it up to windows 8. I have tried running it with both compatibility mode on and off and nothing helps....
  3. windows compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows compatibility mode: Random steam games will crash at startup and are unable to be played. When I went to compatibility mode, it only gives the option to run it up to windows 8. I have tried running it with both compatibility mode on and off and nothing helps....
  4. Visio in compatibility mode...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visio in compatibility mode...: How can I get rid of the compatibility mode...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visio-in-compatibility-mode/abf65fdf-6ae9-4e84-b640-abd62d378e14
  5. compatability mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    compatability mode: I am trying to get Winamp to work but I keep getting a popup thaat says winamp is running in compatability mode. however, when I right click on the winamp icon, select properties, and select the compatability tab the "run in compatability box is not checked". I desperately...
  6. How to set compatibility mode in W10

in Cortana
    How to set compatibility mode in W10: How do I set compatibility mode in Windows 10 ? I read an article which told me to 'enter run programs' and select one the options.... so I enter the test (trying a number of variants) and even trying 'file explorer' the method I used to locate the file explorer and I get...
  7. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I keep getting a window popup saying this program started in compatibility mode ...where is it and how do I turn it off? 14680
  8. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I'm doing some research on an old application that I'm taking care of. As of Windows 8, it works if the Windows compatibility mode is se to "Windows 7" and I confirmed it also works if I set the compatibility mode on Windows 10. That problem I'm facing is that, I need to...
  9. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: Hi I have had programs in the past that I love to either use or games to play even some older MS games and they refuse to load on new operating systems. Why is it when I try and run the program in Compatibility mode for say XP it refuses to run the program. I don't...
  10. W10 & GFX Compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    W10 & GFX Compatibility: I have W10 on my laptop and the graphic cards are being shown as incompatible and am currently using Windows VGA mode. I have dual card one for battery and one for elec plug in Radeon HD 4xxx series and HD 5xxx series respectively. Does anyone have a line on when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w7 w10 wordpad compatibility