Windows 10: Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade

Discus and support Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok everyone I'm an 74yo bloke who is very cautious in what I do. I have been running Win 7 Pro 64 bit Sp1 since about Nov 2009. The time has come for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Graybeard43, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade

Ok everyone I'm an 74yo bloke who is very cautious in what I do. I have been running Win 7 Pro 64 bit Sp1 since about Nov 2009. The time has come for me to venture into the world of Win 10m Pro 64bit but before I do I want it goes as hassle free as possible. Before I venture to it I want to ensure the compatibility of my system with the OS. Here is a screen shot of my system details. Please Help me to determine whether my hardware will handle the upgrade. Thank heaps*Wink

Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade [​IMG]

:)

Graybeard43, Jun 24, 2018
  2. TonyLoman Win User

Force a reanalysis of hardware for win 10 compatibility

I have upgraded by PC (win 7 pro 64bit) with a compatible video card (GeForce 8400 GS) and uninstalled old video on MB but compatibility analysis still says incompatible with Win 10. How do I force a reanalysis?

TonyLoman, Jun 24, 2018
  3. giux787 Win User
    WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

MIRROR POST: WIN 10 compatibility list of unlisted hardware - aka OLD.

Please SHARE YOUR CONFIGURATION. link your known list for compatible hardware here, I will update the thread as is grows with working parts successfully updated on a working WIN 10 HOME / PRO /TP also on VM properly configured.*Party
    No need for NEW WHQL hardware here... It's the unsupported who's important... MS is causing this...

There is a lack of information all over the Internet regarding Win 10 compatibility hardware.
    I create this thread with the intention to form a user-conducted list of compatible hardware and uncompatible.
    It is yet for me to understand if Win 10 will work on old motherboard with BIOS and which's.
    And yet this involve Hardware parts on all levels.
    We know of users with Alienware with 8 beeps dead computers for a Samsung Display fail after WIN 10 upgrade.
    I have a SCSI Seagate Barracuda Cheetah 15.5k that is not even listed upon Win 10 installation on which my current WIN 7 PRO 64 bit runs. Users with burnt HD cause of auto-update.
    Geforce Drivers are causing FPS drops and DPC latecy all over the places, causing also WIN 7 to stut like a Sputnik implanted inside your CPU. Will this ever ends?

We have a list from ASUS:
    ASUS Motherboards - Ready For Windows 10
    But nothing is said on older motherboards. It just says - unsupported - it may works at your risk... truly helpful...
    We need this list.

We don't have a Microsoft official list that is barely reliable. Nor unofficial.
    We have a plethora of machines who are threatened for forever doom.

I tried everything to install WIN 10 on my Workstation.
    Asus says my P5KPL/1600 is not supported. Yes I knew that, thanks... but I had windows 8 64 bit on it, and no BIOS problems, nor installation. So I can say it is compatible up to win 8 PRO with no issue concerning BIOS or SCSI.
    WIth drivers OLDER than december 2014! It eventually broked in January.
    I rolled back to WIN 7 PRO as it performed faster. Before recent updates from GEFORCE and WUA. Never a problem with games and Audio/Video applications.
    Now I'm experiencing DPC spikes of 1sec! (You have read well.. it's 100k microsec...) right after Geforce Drivers installation. Those ready for WIN 10... /Audio /Video /Games completely unusable. Take off Geforce Drivers, DPC go back to normal. Use old Geforce Drivers do not solve the problem. WIN WUA changed something and there is no rollback to that.

More of it: does WIN 10 require a UEFI motherboard and GPT Hd in order to properly work?
    Does anyone has experience of working systems with WIN 10 on older motherboard with LGA 755 socket?
    (like the EVGA nforce750i?) It is impossible to find how this outdated ( from a robot point of view - not a gamer ) mobo does react with WIN 10. Anyone with fast SCSI hdd?
    Windows list 7200rpm hd to work, not Seagate Cheetah's and such...

So. I find of real importance, to know, which kind of hardware works and which not. configuration. etc.

A LIST IS GOING TO BE DOWN THIS LINE AS SOON AS PEOPLE WILL START POSTING
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GA-F2A68HM-H - compatible

-----------------------
    Asus P5KPL/1600
    Intel Quad core 2 duo @2.66
    nvidia FERMI GTX 460
    ESI julia 64 bit / ANALOG OUT
    DDR2 1600 x 4GHz
    BIOS firmware updated up to 2009 last.
    NTFS Seagate Barracuda Cheetah SCSI 15.5k
    Running triple Boot WIN XP PRO 64 Bit- AUDIOPERFORMER / WIN 7 PRO 64bit - GAMING-VIDEO / Ubuntu 15.04 64 Bit - NETDEV.
    -------------------------

giux787, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade

Windows 7 Pro upgraded to Win 10 on custom PC want to upgrade hardware...problem

Thank you for your answer. I will attempt the clean boot option.

as far as the 2nd part of my question goes, what I was wondering was this:

How do I reinstall windows after major component upgrade. I have a retail version of Win 7 Pro 64bit that I did the free upgrade to Win 10 Pro 64bit. After I do the motherboard, processor and RAM upgrade, how will I reinstall Win 10? The "Product Key" is
    tied to the hardware, which I am swapping out.

Thanks Again

Oneinfiniteloop, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade

1. Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade - Similar Threads - Compatibility hardware Pro

2. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  3. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  4. Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit: Hello,I recently "upgraded" my PC from Core 2 duo E6300 to Dual core E6700. and also got new ram sticks total up to 8gb ddr2. I am running win 10pro 32bit currently but due to the limitation of the operating system only 3.2gb of RAM is usable and the processor is stuck at...
  5. Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit: Hello,I recently "upgraded" my PC from Core 2 duo E6300 to Dual core E6700. and also got new ram sticks total up to 8gb ddr2. I am running win 10pro 32bit currently but due to the limitation of the operating system only 3.2gb of RAM is usable and the processor is stuck at...
  6. Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgrade Win 10 32bit to 64bit

Upgrade Win 10 32bit to 64bit: My pc has 32bit Windows 10 OS in C partition. My data is in D partition. If I upgrade to 64bit my CPU is 64bit will the new OS be in the C partition and the D partition remain intact? Or the D partition will be erased too?...
  8. How can I upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro?: I want to upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro, can it be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-my-win-10-64bit-home-ed-to-win/b70e49ce-e3da-4f0a-9725-9af0db3ac449"
  9. Geninstallere Win 10 Pro 64bit

Geninstallere Win 10 Pro 64bit: Jeg fik opdateret min win7pro og optog backop med acronic. Min computer blev muligvis infecteret med virus så jeg slettede alt og omformaterede alle 3 harddiske på computeren Indsatte min recovery disk men halvvejs igennem installeringen af backkopen stoppede den og sagde...
  10. WIN 10 - 32bit - I NEED to upgrade to 64bit - my processor is compatible.

WIN 10 - 32bit - I NEED to upgrade to 64bit - my processor is compatible.: WIN 10 - 32bit - I NEED to upgrade to 64bit - my processor is compatible. What can I do and do I have to Pay for it, all over again??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nforce750i drivers for win 10 pro 64bit