Windows 10: Compatibility problem

Discus and support Compatibility problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Win 10 64bit with Anniversary update, so far very impressed with the latest from Microsoft, but alas I have a compatibility issue with some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by peter4076, Sep 21, 2016.

1. peter4076 Win User

Compatibility problem

Running Win 10 64bit with Anniversary update, so far very impressed with the latest from Microsoft, but alas I have a compatibility issue with some software, which ran perfectly with XP, Vista, Win 7, but not with Win 10, as been confirmed by Msoft, so is there a tried & tested software out there, that will make it compatible? As always your thoughts most appreciated.

:)

peter4076, Sep 21, 2016

2. Compatibility Problem

We can't help you unless you give us the name and version of the application. The application might be too old to work on Windows 10. For an application to work across 10 years worth of Windows versions is unusual. Its possibly time to invest in a new
    version.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Compatibility problem

Hauppauge TV PVR PCI II (26xxx) tuner not found after upgrade to Win10

JR

Nicolas AndrésSalgado Lozano, Sep 21, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Compatibility problem

Don't know......what software are you talking about? You didn't say.

Plankton, Sep 21, 2016
  5. peter4076 Win User
    Cheers Plankton: It is a set of dvd tutorial discs on how to improve my game of bridge, you have to insert disc first to install a tiny bit of the program & icon on desktop, to access the tutorial afterwards you have to play from disc., been perfect since 2007, thought today I would take a refresher, but nothing doing, it installs the small bit, but will not run the disc, I've tried all the compatibility modes, but zilch any ideas, I've been in touch with company but had no reply yet.

peter4076, Sep 21, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, do you get an error message? In the compatibility settings, have you
    a. tried running the compatibility troubleshooter
    b. tried setting disable display scaling on high DPI settings?

If all else fails, you could use a virtual machine with, say, Win 7 or 2000 or whatever you need installed.

N.B. there's no guarantee older software will run. Out of 3 older games I happened to try, 2 ran, with a bit of a compatibility fiddle for one, the third requires additional features or unsupported features I'm not familiar with.

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  7. peter4076 Win User
    dalchina: cheers for input, Just loaded on another computer Win 10 32 bit Anniversary update...perfect. The other week I messed about with the cmd, me wondering if I inadvertently corrupted the administrator account, how do I check if I have?

peter4076, Sep 21, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Compatibility problem

Hmm - try creating another user account for test purposes.

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  9. peter4076 Win User
    Just borrowed a laptop running Win 10 64 bit with anniversary update..software not working at all, methinks it is a problem, also waiting to hear from software vendor.

peter4076, Sep 21, 2016
  10. peter4076 Win User
    Have just received email from software company...their is a problem, so they are sending me new software, I purchased these discs in 2007, very impressed with this company. Wish to thank you all on this wild goose chase...cheers

peter4076, Sep 21, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Glad you've a solution.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Compatibility problem

1. Compatibility problem - Similar Threads - Compatibility problem

2. how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?: I am trying to install window 11 on my pc and it keeps telling me to uninstall VirtualBox which i do not have, i tried to instal virtual box and completly remove it and i also removed all possible emulators and files and restarted multiple time yet it still shows the same...
  3. how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?: I am trying to install window 11 on my pc and it keeps telling me to uninstall VirtualBox which i do not have, i tried to instal virtual box and completly remove it and i also removed all possible emulators and files and restarted multiple time yet it still shows the same...
  4. Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10: Hi,1. I created a program in Windows XP years ago. When it is installed on Windows 10 without setting compatibility mode, the data created from the program is stored in an unexpected place that I cannot find. I know how to fix this problem by setting compatibility mode to XP...
  5. Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10: Hi,1. I created a program in Windows XP years ago. When it is installed on Windows 10 without setting compatibility mode, the data created from the program is stored in an unexpected place that I cannot find. I know how to fix this problem by setting compatibility mode to XP...
  6. Problem with Compatibility mode: Windows XP and Windows 10

7. a problem with the screen and graphics card compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem with the screen and graphics card compatibility: hii I own a computeri5 12400f - nvidia rtx4060 - 32gb- WIN 11 23H2 and a hp 24fw monitor that I still use until now. Since I started playing games on it , I noticed screen tearing and a sudden black screen for a second in general and every time I open a program in particular...
  8. a problem with the screen and graphics card compatibility

a problem with the screen and graphics card compatibility: hii I own a computeri5 12400f - nvidia rtx4060 - 32gb- WIN 11 23H2 and a hp 24fw monitor that I still use until now. Since I started playing games on it , I noticed screen tearing and a sudden black screen for a second in general and every time I open a program in particular...
  9. MB direct replacement same model compatibility problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MB direct replacement same model compatibility problems: Hi I have an old PC with win vista 32 basic. The MB went faulty but due to having lots of external hardware tied to this OS in music projects which are half completed I cannot upgrade the OS and system. I really need to get this functioning again. The MB is ASUS P5n32 e sli ,...
  10. MB direct replacement same model compatibility problems

MB direct replacement same model compatibility problems: Hi I have an old PC with win vista 32 basic. The MB went faulty but due to having lots of external hardware tied to this OS in music projects which are half completed I cannot upgrade the OS and system. I really need to get this functioning again. The MB is ASUS P5n32 e sli ,...