Windows 10: compatibility view lists

Discus and support compatibility view lists in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Well this seems to be a nag on every start up :/ I've never found any use for Microsoft's comp-view lists so I uncheck the option Alt+TB For both but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014.

1. compatibility view lists

Well this seems to be a nag on every start up :/
    I've never found any use for Microsoft's comp-view lists so I uncheck the option Alt+TB
    For both but seems this produces a popup on start of ie11 on win-10 9860 :/

Might have try another browser if that's the case *Tongue

:)

ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014

2. compatibility view

Actually, Compatibility View may be contributing to this problem.

Try this:

Compatibility View might be telling the site you're running IE7.

From Internet Explorer> Tools (on the Menu Bar) (or Alt + t)> Compatibility View Settings, verify that the site is not in the list, that "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" is unchecked and that "Display Intranet Sites in Compatibility View" is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 24, 2014
  3. Message from websites that my IE11 is an unsupported version

Hi,

On sites where you're seeing this message, Compatibility View may be the culprit.

Compatibility View tells websites that you're running an earlier version of Internet Explorer.

From IE> Tools (or Alt + t)> Compatibility View Settings, verify that the site is not in the list, that "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" is unchecked and that "Display Intranet Sites in Compatibility View" is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 24, 2014
Thema:

compatibility view lists

1. compatibility view lists - Similar Threads - compatibility view lists

2. Huge padding in List View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge padding in List View: I'm already tired of asking this to your support but after 22H2 on Win11 there is a huge padding on the left side of the folders in List View. It's been confirmed 3 times to me from your support that it's a bug and that it's a design issue. No one seems to care. When is it...
  3. Huge padding in List View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge padding in List View: I'm already tired of asking this to your support but after 22H2 on Win11 there is a huge padding on the left side of the folders in List View. It's been confirmed 3 times to me from your support that it's a bug and that it's a design issue. No one seems to care. When is it...
  4. Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management partitions in graphic view but not list view: Good morning!Here is my issue. In Disk Management, I have partitions showing up in the Graphics view at the bottom, but they do not show up in the list view at the top. They are shown as primary partitions and not unallocated. This is an SSD drive if that matters. Is there a...
  5. Browse list view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browse list view: My 'Browse' list became full screen all of a sudden, and the buttons for reducing the size and moving it to the task bar which are usually in the upper right corner have disappeared - only the 'x' for closing it remains. How can I restore the other two buttons?...
  6. Browse list view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browse list view: My 'Browse' list became full screen all of a sudden, and the buttons for reducing the size and moving it to the task bar which are usually in the upper right corner have disappeared - only the 'x' for closing it remains. How can I restore the other two buttons?...
  7. Trouble with List View in Explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with List View in Explorer...: In Windows 10; is there a way to view different file types like you use to be able to in W7? I’m not sure if this is due to an update or what, but what I mean is I like a nice clean look. In a folder, I like to view by list, and have the list organized by file types. So...
  8. Tools/compatibility view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tools/compatibility view: How to find Tools/Compatibility View ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolscompatibility-view/29a2def4-9d6b-43ff-86d8-93f6dec2b9de
  9. List view not show

in Windows 10 Support
    List view not show: Win10 1803 *.ico files no longer display in list view ["Always show icons, never thumbnails" is checked]. In windows 7 I have no problem when thumbnails is disabled [I could view icons in list view...]. Default app for .ico file type is set to Photos App. 122152
  10. Compatible Network Adapters Listing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compatible Network Adapters Listing?: Is there a listing of what network adapters are compatible with Win10? I am told the adapter I am using is NOT compatible. I am not adverse to purchasing a different one and installing it to get around this problem but I'd like to be able to verify that whatever I get IS...