Windows 10: Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ?

Discus and support Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone tried Incredimail 2.5, Thunderbird, WLM and ilk yet? 6565 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ex_Brit, May 31, 2015.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ?

Anyone tried Incredimail 2.5, Thunderbird, WLM and ilk yet?

:)

Ex_Brit, May 31, 2015

2. Using your own domain with Nokia Messaging

Ok, are you able to successfully connect to your mydomain.com mailbox with a different email client (Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc...)? If so, are you using the exact same credentials (user name and password) in the 3rd party email client as you are
    using on Nokia Messaging?

bigdog13---01, May 31, 2015
  3. YNWA96 Win User
    compatible 3rd party headphones

Hi, can anyone suggest a decent pair of sub £50 over the ear headphones that have a mic? I currently have a pair of AGK K450's which where brilliant with my iphone but for whatever reason the mic and controls do not work with my lumia 920!

Thanks

YNWA96, May 31, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Don't know about other Email Clients since I only use WLM and it works perfectly.

topgundcp, Jun 1, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Just give them a try and see if they work. I would imagine Thunderbird would work. WlM hasn't been updated since 2012 so I'm not to sure about using a no longer developed program.

swarfega, Jun 1, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    I use Thunderbird and haven't had any problems.

Winuser, Jun 2, 2015
  7. chrismine Win User
    Try emclient . Free for 2 mail accounts.

chrismine, Jun 5, 2015
  8. gogreen Win User

I've used Thunderbird for several years now with no problems. I was using it starting with, if I recall, XP, and then I went to Windows 7 with it. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, all of this with Thunderbird. No problems.

gogreen, Sep 9, 2015
  9. Victek Win User
    Yes, eMclient is quite nice and the only free option if you need EAS support (exchange active sync). I also use Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail and Outlook 2013 on Windows 10.

WLM is still fine for Outlook.com/Hotmail and Gmail. I've heard though that DeltaSync is being phased out and IMAP worked poorly for my Outlook.com account.

Outlook 2013 has EAS support for outlook.com/hotmail and works fine, but of course is $$$.

Thunderbird works fine for Gmail too.

Victek, Sep 9, 2015
  10. Torquemada, Sep 9, 2015
  11. I use "Postbox"
    It's a great email client.
    It costs under £10, which is a small fee for such an excellent piece of software.

Cornishman, Sep 10, 2015
  12. Ex_Brit Win User
    I've used the Win 7 hack and now have Vista Windows Mail working, but I find it disappointing that all the email clients except Incredimail lack one very useful feature: a notification area icon that can audibly ding you when mail arrives, even when the mail client is closed.
    Some offer that but only partially and while they are open.

I'd use my Incredimail licenses to install IM 2.5 which is supposed to be compatible, but they have ruined the look that their old IncrediMail XE had in their latest versions, just too gaudy for my taste.

Ex_Brit, Sep 12, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

This one fits the bill with an audible notification of a new email and a popup.
    eM Client | Best Email Client for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP

There is a free version that I'm using and it works great.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 12, 2015
  14. What's "ilk"?

Cornishman, Sep 14, 2015
  15. ilk = the same or similar. Probably a word used more by people of "more mature years " like wot I am ......*chuckle

Torquemada, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Compatible 3rd Party Email Clients ? - Similar Threads - Compatible 3rd Party

2. Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?: I am a notary who currently uses a MacBook Air : macOS High Sierra, Version10.13.6. I also have "VMware Fusion" installed to be able to run Windows.QUESTION: Will I be creating "compatibility problems" if when prompted I make suggested software upgrades and Apple updates,...
  3. Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?: I am a notary who currently uses a MacBook Air : macOS High Sierra, Version10.13.6. I also have "VMware Fusion" installed to be able to run Windows.QUESTION: Will I be creating "compatibility problems" if when prompted I make suggested software upgrades and Apple updates,...
  4. Linking 3rd parties.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  5. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  6. Linking 3rd parties.

7. 3rd party webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd party webcam: I recently installed a 3rd party webcam to my Windows 10 XPS 13. I often have to restart to access it. I don't want disable the integrated camera because it works to identify me. I would like to make the new Webcam the default. When I follow instructions and right click on...
  8. 3rd party sites

3rd party sites: Why can I not access websites that are emailed to me. For example,,, if someone emails me a money transfer,,, it will not open to the banking page. If "Prevention" sends me a link to health topic,,,, I cannot open it. Please help! :-...
  9. 3rd Party Company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd Party Company: I did a search for MS tech support and 855-345-8210 was a search result, so I called the number. I needed help with Outlook. The rep said MS no longer supported Outlook, and they were the company that handled Outlook support. I gave them access to my computer. They fixed the...
  10. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...