Windows 10: Compatible Network Adapters Listing?

Discus and support Compatible Network Adapters Listing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a listing of what network adapters are compatible with Win10? I am told the adapter I am using is NOT compatible. I am not adverse to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hapiper, Aug 17, 2015.

1. hapiper Win User

Compatible Network Adapters Listing?

Is there a listing of what network adapters are compatible with Win10? I am told the adapter I am using is NOT compatible. I am not adverse to purchasing a different one and installing it to get around this problem but I'd like to be able to verify that whatever I get IS going to be compatible first.

:)

hapiper, Aug 17, 2015

2. Wifi 5gz not shoeing in nearby networks

It's possible that your network adapter is not compatible with the 5ghz frequency.

I would check to see if your network adapter conforms to the 802.11ac standard.

JoeThiesen, Aug 17, 2015
  3. When using Edge, I lose the internet. Upon executing troubleshoot I get a message "Reset Local Area Connection Adapter."

Hi Marsha,

This issue could be caused if the network adapter is not configured correctly. Resetting the adapter could resolve the issue most of the time. Right click on the network icon in the notification area and choose 'Open network and sharing center'. Click on
    'change adapter settings' in the left pane to see the network adapters. Right click on the local area connection network adapter and select "Disable". Restart the PC and follow the same steps and choose the "Enable" option this time. Now check if the issue
    persists.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the latest network adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check.
    If you couldn't find any drivers for Windows 10, download the drivers for the latest Windows OS and install it in compatibility mode. Type 'Compatibility' in the search box and select 'run programs made for previous version' to run
    the compatibility troubleshooter.

Bennet Martin, Aug 17, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

First, what adapter do you have? If it worked in Windows 7/8/8.1 it is likely to work in Windows 10 - with the right driver installed.

You might try here:
    Windows Compatibility Center

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Compatible Network Adapters Listing? - Similar Threads - Compatible Network Adapters

2. My network adapter has not returned to the network adapter list after uninstalling it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter has not returned to the network adapter list after uninstalling it.: While attempting to amend a situation in which I could not connect to ethernet, despite trying multiple possible solutions such as a restart or trying another cable, I could not fix the situation. While trying to fix the problem I followed some information given by several...
  3. My network adapter has not returned to the network adapter list after uninstalling it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network adapter has not returned to the network adapter list after uninstalling it.: While attempting to amend a situation in which I could not connect to ethernet, despite trying multiple possible solutions such as a restart or trying another cable, I could not fix the situation. While trying to fix the problem I followed some information given by several...
  4. My network adapter has not returned to the network adapter list after uninstalling it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Adapter Not on List, Hardware Change Scan Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter Not on List, Hardware Change Scan Not Working: I have an Acer Swift SFX14-41G laptop that tried to perform a Windows update, crashed in the middle, then on the restart my Wifi and Bluetooth icons were gone. After network resetting, uninstalling the update, doing a winsock reset, and uninstalling the driver I am stuck....
  6. Network Adapter Not on List, Hardware Change Scan Not Working

Network Adapter Not on List, Hardware Change Scan Not Working: I have an Acer Swift SFX14-41G laptop that tried to perform a Windows update, crashed in the middle, then on the restart my Wifi and Bluetooth icons were gone. After network resetting, uninstalling the update, doing a winsock reset, and uninstalling the driver I am stuck....
  7. Network Adapter not Compatible with Windows 10 in Downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter not Compatible with Windows 10 in Downgrade: Hello, I bought a computer which was pre-installed with Windows 11 but unfortunately it does not cooperate with a program I use for work, I need Windows 10 for it. I created a installation media for Windows 10 and attempted to install it into my computer, but this message...
  8. Network Adapter not Compatible with Windows 10 in Downgrade

Network Adapter not Compatible with Windows 10 in Downgrade: Hello, I bought a computer which was pre-installed with Windows 11 but unfortunately it does not cooperate with a program I use for work, I need Windows 10 for it. I created a installation media for Windows 10 and attempted to install it into my computer, but this message...
  9. hide specific Network connection adapter from Network list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hide specific Network connection adapter from Network list: Hi Mr @Brink , Is there a way to hide specific "Network connection adapter" from the "Network" list in system tray (network icon list)? I have 3 network adapters, Ethernet,WiFi and Microsoft KM-Test Loopback adapter (name as KeyShot). Whenever I disable Ethernet and WiFi...
  10. compatibility view lists

in Browsers and Email
    compatibility view lists: Well this seems to be a nag on every start up :/ I've never found any use for Microsoft's comp-view lists so I uncheck the option Alt+TB For both but seems this produces a popup on start of ie11 on win-10 9860 :/ Might have try another browser if that's the case *Tongue...