Windows 10: Compiled Visual Basic Progream Problem from recent MS updates

Discus and support Compiled Visual Basic Progream Problem from recent MS updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well, after recent windows updates my old Visual Basiccomplied programs stopped storing text files to the subdir where the programsreside. After moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dustymars, Apr 21, 2017.

1. dustymars Win User

Compiled Visual Basic Progream Problem from recent MS updates

Well, after recent windows updates my old Visual Basiccomplied programs stopped storing text files to the subdir where the programsreside. After moving them to theDocuments folder they work fine, but still yet they will not store to any dirin Program Files. I assume it is an amateurattempt to subvert hackers, but since hackers seems to get in MS stuff quitefreely anyway, what gives? I did all the“take ownership” stuff to no avail. Myold desktop works fine, but the problem is in my laptop. I can’t even run the setup wizard now, so Ican setup the programs to be sent to documents. I wish MS would hire software people with atleast a 5th grade level education!

:)

dustymars, Apr 21, 2017
  2. xoviat Win User

High Antimalware Engine CPU usage while compiling software

Hi! I noticed that the MS Antimalware engine is using 50-80% of my CPU when I am compiling software with MS Visual Studio. Is there any way that Microsoft could fix this problem?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy ]

xoviat, Apr 21, 2017
  3. XHan-) Win User
    Why vb6 application doesn't work after making exe ??

I am developing vb6 application with visual basic 6.0

In visual basic development environment, application run exactly.

I made exe using 'make a exe...' of
    file menu.

but compiled exe doesn't work exactly.

Help me.

Urgent----.

XHan-), Apr 21, 2017
  4. dustymars Win User

In early 1960 is when my computer experience began; analog at first then digital a few years later. Using machine language, then assembly code and the FORTRAN life became easier in the computer world. Sometime in the 1970’s my interest in astronomical computing got started and at first it was the old FORTRAN at work, but it was too slow to learn and develop software for long spherical trig equations, so I found BASIC on one of our DEC PDP-11 machines and that made life easier. Then a friend talked me into getting an Osborne PC, that was slow and had limited storage; but had C/PM assembly and BASIC in its floppy disks. Wow, life was easier. Later we all got 286 PCs, then evolved through the versions until some faster more user friendly PCs came along with Windows.

Along the late 1990’s I acquired Visual Basic 4.0 and while using C and other compilers I found VB easier and also could use it at home. Then along came Visual Basic 5.0 Pro and I’ve used it from then on, but lately MS seems to have fun messing with it until it is becoming useless. Usually I find a workaround as Windows evolved, then along came "FREE" Windows 10. Yeah, it’s free okay, but time will tell after having to buy newer software to replace old and reliable programming. I will overcome MS and their incompetent software engineers and make VB5 work again. They can’t keep out hackers so they try to keep us out too.

Any suggestions?

dustymars, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Compiled Visual Basic Progream Problem from recent MS updates - Similar Threads - Compiled Visual Basic

2. Visual Basic Command Line Compiler / vbc.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic Command Line Compiler / vbc.exe: i hope you guys can help me with this.when i open my task manager it shows suddenly that CPU is used by 100% and in the same time it disappear, but there is something called *Visual Basic Command Line Compiler* is running by 47% and i wanna know whats the cause. my fans are...
  3. Visual Basic Command Line Compiler / vbc.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Basic Command Line Compiler / vbc.exe: i hope you guys can help me with this.when i open my task manager it shows suddenly that CPU is used by 100% and in the same time it disappear, but there is something called *Visual Basic Command Line Compiler* is running by 47% and i wanna know whats the cause. my fans are...
  4. Visual Basic Command Line Compiler / vbc.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Visual Basic Command Line Compiler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Basic Command Line Compiler: The vbc.exe is making my cpu to 100%. Even I end task Visual Basic Command Line Compiler it start again. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-basic-command-line-compiler/c4a23bf2-e047-4152-86c7-ce6833fd4a3e
  6. Visual Basic Command Line Compiler

Visual Basic Command Line Compiler: The vbc.exe is making my cpu to 100%. Even I end task Visual Basic Command Line Compiler it start again. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-basic-command-line-compiler/c4a23bf2-e047-4152-86c7-ce6833fd4a3e
  7. Compile Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compile Visual Basic: Im trying to compile a vb file in the command prompt. Its a simple hello word script to test it out. But I get an error:C:\Users\Me\Documents\IT\vb>vbc helloworld.vbMicrosoft R Visual Basic Compiler version 9.0.30729.9141Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  8. Compile Visual Basic

Compile Visual Basic: Im trying to compile a vb file in the command prompt. Its a simple hello word script to test it out. But I get an error:C:\Users\Me\Documents\IT\vb>vbc helloworld.vbMicrosoft R Visual Basic Compiler version 9.0.30729.9141Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  9. Compile Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. MS Visual Basic Compile Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Visual Basic Compile Error: Hello all, This is a work-related question. In IT and have a user that uses some sort of approval/reject stamp in MS word. Well whenever he tries to approve the stamp VBA throws an error. I researched and found out it was because the MSCAL was missing so i added it but the...