Windows 10: Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63

Discus and support Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I have a machine I build myself over a year ago that has slowly descended into the point where it's unusable. It started where it would freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by monksalve, Jan 24, 2017.

1. monksalve Win User

Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63

Hey,

I have a machine I build myself over a year ago that has slowly descended into the point where it's unusable. It started where it would freeze every once in a while, no BSOD, had to hard reset. Once every other week, it was no biggie. Now, it won't go past 20 minutes without freezing up. I know this forum says BSOD only but I'm at wits end.

The event log basically says nothing. Kernel Power Error, Event ID 41, Task 63. Details show this:

BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress false
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0

I've tried:
    - Audio drivers updates
    - Multiple power management settings (not sure that it matters as it's a desktop)
    - Memtest
    - Reseating memory and video card
    - Swapped SSD drive (old drive reviews had users having similar issues)
    - Rollback to older windows 10 versions (and stopped updates)
    - Some regedit changes
    - Clean install with barebones apps

I should add that the machine never restarts itself as other users with the same error report. It always freezes, screen stays on, sound skips. I once waited 5 minutes to see if it would resume but no dice.

I have a replacement power supply on the way, but before I open that and try it, I figure I can get your thoughts. Maybe it's not the power supply at all. I do suspect it's a hardware issue but have been unable to confirm.

Thanks for reading!

:)

monksalve, Jan 24, 2017
  2. HowPri Win User

Dell XPS laptop crashes if mains power removed but battery 100% full and "healthy"

Thanks for your reply, but I still have the problem.

I changed the power setting to 'Balanced' and the troubleshooter didn't find any problems.

I think the Kernel Power Event ID 41, Task Category 63 I have in the Event Log is the key to solving this.

I found a similar thread at
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-power-event-id-41-task63/b42b03a7-f3c5-4276-940c-f094608c7a5c

on this form, but that didn't seem to find a solution either.

HowPri, Jan 24, 2017
  3. KERNEL-POWER ID :41 WINDOWS 10

I am serious problem in my new LAPTOP ASUS because of sudden shutdown that reports in eventlog KERNEL-POWER ID :41. There is no correction of this error in MICROSOFT WINDOWS and I dont know how to fix this.Please help urgent.

See below the urgency of this POWERFAILURE in a new LAPTOP!!!!!!

Crítico 24/12/2017 00:01:18 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:56:09 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:38:50 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:34:18 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 22:14:48 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 21:42:57 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 13:41:00 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 12:04:11 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 01:04:20 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

PedroPortugalMassamá, Jan 24, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

If you suspect hardware there are many useful tools you can try to stress test this aspect. I'll provide a series of links and guidelines here. With memory testing the most common mistake people make is that they do not test for long enough, 32GB of memory can take over a day to test to the full 8 or more passes.

Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Tests
    Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63 [​IMG]
    RAM TEST
    *Arrow Run Furmark tutorial

*Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

*Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

philc43, Jan 24, 2017
  5. monksalve Win User
    Will run these overnight. Thanks.

monksalve, Jan 24, 2017
  6. monksalve Win User
    OK. Ran pretty much everything:

No issues:

- Memtest: 8 Passes, no errors
    - Furmark: 30 minutes, no issues
    - HDTune: Health ok, no errors, good access and write speeds

Problems:

- Prime95: CPU temps go beyond 70C within a minute. End up having to shut it down. I'm running a stock heat sink. Will correct this soon.
    - Used a multi meter and found the power supply to have some issues. 3.3V was a little low and the -12 volt pin was outputting -10. I've replaced the power supply.

Once I found the power supply issues I thought I had this in the bag. Alas, the system crashed the same way after 3 hours. But three hours is a lot longer than it was lasting before, so I think that was one issue. Next up I'll get a better heatsink and re-run the cpu test.

monksalve, Jan 28, 2017
  7. monksalve Win User
    Managed to solve this.

Seems like I had a couple issues. The power supply was on the fritz and C-States needed to be turned off in the bios.

I went through all the steps listed on this thread by @mileskb
    Windows 10 freezes randomly

I did change some of the power management settings in windows, but I had tried that before without results. It might have been a combination of C-States and power management.

monksalve, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63 - Similar Threads - Complete Freeze Kernel

2. Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Task Catergory: 63

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Task Catergory: 63: Hello!I'm experiencing persistent issues with my computer crashing while gaming and running benchmarks. I'm hoping to get some assistance and advice from you all. Here's what's been happening:Background: Two days ago, I removed my GPU cable extensions, and the PC seemed to...
  3. Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Task Catergory: 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Task Catergory: 63: Hello!I'm experiencing persistent issues with my computer crashing while gaming and running benchmarks. I'm hoping to get some assistance and advice from you all. Here's what's been happening:Background: Two days ago, I removed my GPU cable extensions, and the PC seemed to...
  4. Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63

Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63: hello, I've been having this issue for the past month now. every time i run a game/ browse the internet, my pc crashed about 10 minutes in.this I what pops up whenever I go to check out the problem.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">-...
  5. Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63: Hello I have been having this critical error for over the past few months and it only happens when I am playing graphic intensive games such as the new MW2 2022. If I am playing a less intensive game then it will take longer until it crashes with this error message. But when...
  6. Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63

Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63: Hi there... For a long time, I having this repeated critical error for at least a year, where my laptop would forcibly shutdown randomly without any trigger causing it. Prior shutdown, it came with a bluescreen that telling me, 'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to...
  7. Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63

Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63: Hello, I have been having this Critical error since a while ago, and I have no clue what is causing it. The first time I realized the problem, the computer just turned off after I closed the lid, and it turned on on its own, now it has become a more frequent issue. Nothing of...
  8. Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63

Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63: I have the same problem written in this post.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-power-event-id-41-task-category-63/2f4b467d-38bc-40a9-86f7-334559cc1f6e?page=1This "unexpected restart" stopped by changing sound device from Microsoft HD audio driver to...
  9. Kernel-Power Event ID 41 task 63

Kernel-Power Event ID 41 task 63: Hi, i recently built a gaming pc and received it in august but i have been facing non stop issues as my pc restarts at random times when it is idle or when im using the internet to watch youtube and or netflix. I cant do any work on my pc due to this issue. However, when i...
  10. Kernel Power -Event ID 41 - Task 63

Kernel Power -Event ID 41 - Task 63: Since 2019 late I have daily reboots for "Event ID 41 Task 63." I have looked at other's comments, but one says Microsoft wont answer the questions about this. I have Win 10, 750 watt power, 980Strix Vid card, Pro gamer Mobo, no heating probs and no overclocking. Is there a...