Windows 10: Completely fresh install of windows 10

Discus and support Completely fresh install of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by colin higton, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Completely fresh install of windows 10

Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb partition of a 1Tb Crucial MX500 SSD.Is there an optimum size for the C drive, I mainly use the PC for admin work, and I have Office and Photoshop Elements. The only game is Train Simulator Classic.Is there anything I should copy to an external drive, before I do the install?Cheers,

:)

colin higton, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 1, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 1, 2023
  4. 3Colors Win User

Completely fresh install of windows 10

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Completely fresh install of windows 10 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Completely fresh install of windows 10

1. Completely fresh install of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Completely fresh install

2. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  3. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  4. Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10: I tried reinstalling windows 4 times already, I tried anything I could find on the internet.. still it doesn't work. Any app I try to install from the Microsoft Store, I get the following message: "The thing you're looking for isn't here. We probably don't have it, but just...
  5. Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10: I tried reinstalling windows 4 times already, I tried anything I could find on the internet.. still it doesn't work. Any app I try to install from the Microsoft Store, I get the following message: "The thing you're looking for isn't here. We probably don't have it, but just...
  6. Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh install: I am trying to install Windows 10 Home/Pro from a USB flash drive. In booting up, I only get a black screen and there is no bios information such as what key to hit to change boot configuration. How can I boot from the USB flash drive?...
  8. Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Very strange desktop on completely fresh install: Hi I just re-installed win10 pro on to my X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF PC when it booted to desktop I had several files that I recognised from my old setup on the desktop. Then I noticed that they seemed to be updating from the cloud as they had the same symbols you get next...
  9. Very strange desktop on completely fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very strange desktop on completely fresh install: Hi I just re-installed win10 pro on to my X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF PC when it booted to desktop I had several files that I recognised from my old setup on the desktop. Then I noticed that they seemed to be updating from the cloud as they had the same symbols you get next...
  10. Complete format and fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete format and fresh install: Hi everyone: I am in the process of organizing my digital files and backing them up before I do a fresh install of Windows 10. Quick question: Is this the best/only way to do a complete fresh install? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh I...