Windows 10: Completely Stop Windows Defender

Discus and support Completely Stop Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just checking here. The only way to disable Windows defender is through: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SightUp, Jul 29, 2015.

1. SightUp Win User

Completely Stop Windows Defender

Just checking here. The only way to disable Windows defender is through:

&

Anything else I can do to ensure it stays off or turns off other things that these two do not cover?

:)

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  2. tomprinz Win User

Windows Defender- Full scan stops at about 90%

Upgraded Win 7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10. Initially Windows Defender would perform a full scan but now the full scan stops at about 90% completion point. There is no error message but just a dialogue box that says the scan could not be completed. Then the
    service is stopped and Win Defender has to be restarted to initiate the service on my computer. Quick scan can be completed with no issues.

[Original title: Windows Defender]

tomprinz, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Disabling or Completely stopping Windows Defender

1. Was the Win8.1 computer fully-patched at Windows Update when you upgraded to Win10?

2. Was the upgrade to Win10 offered & installed via Windows Update or did you choose to upgrade manually?

3. Was Win10 Anniversary Update [AKA Win10 1607] offered & installed via Windows Update or did you choose to install it manually?

4. What are the full names and versions of the three (3) different "protection programs" installed and when (exact dates) do your current subscription, if any, expire?

5. Does Windows Defender's Home tab state that another AV app is handling realtime protection?

Completely Stop Windows Defender [​IMG]

6. Is the Limited Periodic Scanning option available (i.e., not grayed out) and if so, is the ON/OFF slider working?

7. Is Windows Defender Offline available and if so, does the SCAN OFFLINE button work?

8. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., CCleaner's Registry Cleaner
    component; Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Total System Care; Advanced System Optimizer; Comodo System Cleaner; Glary Utilities; Registry Booster;
    McAfee QuickClean; AVG Quick Clean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner;
    Norton PC Tuneup; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; FixMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Wise Care 365; Wise Cleaner; etc.)?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. SightUp Win User
    I am 100% sure I do not want Windows Defender as I never have ever used it in the past and have been fine. Thanks, though!

SightUp, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's fine. You can use the tutorial above to turn off Windows Defender.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Any replacement of Defender should disable it. You don't have to delete it. I'm using Norton Security and Defender is aside doing nothing.

MikeMecanic, Jul 31, 2015
  8. xGMANx Win User

The new Norton 22 build is amazing. They really stepped up their game

xGMANx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Completely Stop Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Completely Stop Defender

2. Windows Defender never completes analysis.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender never completes analysis.: Hello.I have been facing this issue on windows 11 for more than a year which obliges me each and every time to find alternatives antiviruses. Had to download Avast and Kaspersky for multiple times as my Windows Defender would never complete a full analysis.It scans for less...
  3. Completely Disable Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Completely Disable Defender: Hello,I want to completely disable windows defender on windows 10. Not just turn it off in settings for it to automatically turn on a day later. I want to %100 remove it from my windows 10 home.I looked up tutorials, but they all require the group policy editor that I don't...
  4. Is there a way to completely regenerate Windows Defender?

Is there a way to completely regenerate Windows Defender?: What I'm running into is a lack of faith in the ability of Windows Defender to protect my PC. It has not reported ANY threats since sometime in early 2020, which it is now July 2021. I suspect something has either by intention or design messed with it's ability to correctly...
  5. Windows Defender stopped!

Windows Defender stopped!: Windows Defender stopped working on my Windows 10. How do I get it started again? I have never had another virus app on my computer. The settings option to turn it on is grayed out. I've tried everything that was recommended, including register tweaks and group policy...
  6. is windows defender completely free?

is windows defender completely free?: is this legitimate or scam? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-defender-completely-free/adc777c3-d26b-4a5b-b249-b0d656c6271a
  7. Completely disabling Windows Defender

Completely disabling Windows Defender: I'm running Win10 v1909 Bld 18363.535 and keep getting malware notifications from Windows Defender -- and they are really annoying! I have done everything I have found to disable it, including the Windows Security settings and Regedit settings. When I get a notification, I...
  8. Windows Defender won't Complete Scan

Windows Defender won't Complete Scan: Windows Defender starts scan but doesn't finish and I have a scheduled scan flag that doesn't go away . I click on it and it wants to run a scan. Anyone have this issue? [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  9. Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan'

Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan': Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan For full scanning windows defender taking more than 72 hrs but still scan is not completed. Right click in any file and folder is not responding. Can anyone provide solution on this??...
  10. How can I completely stop Windows Defender?

How can I completely stop Windows Defender?: I have Windows Defender shut off, but it seems to still want to run. I keep getting a pop up from my WinPatrol program that WD wants to run at startup. I click the reject button but it keeps coming back. I fear it could be interfering with Macrium Reflect somehow because...