Windows 10: Completely turn off Windows Firewall in Windows 10

Discus and support Completely turn off Windows Firewall in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Prior to installing my ZoneAlarm, I wanna completely turn off my windows 10 firewall, for some reason, and it must be done only via registry:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by omidsolo, Nov 9, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Completely turn off Windows Firewall in Windows 10

Prior to installing my ZoneAlarm, I wanna completely turn off my windows 10 firewall, for some reason, and it must be done only via registry:

Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Customize Settings

> Turn off Windows Firewall = For both Private and Public Networks!
    How can I do it via registry? I found a snippet but didn't work for my Windows 10, am I somewhere wrong or it should have some changes to work?!
    Cheers *Smile

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\Standard Profile]
    "DisableNotifications"=dword:00000001
    "DoNotAllowExceptions"=dword:00000001
    "EnableFirewall"=dword:00000000

:)

omidsolo, Nov 9, 2015

2. Wireless printer will not print in Windows 10

Okay, here's the latest. I've managed to get the printer to print but only if I turn my firewall off. As soon as I turn the firewall on, the printer goes offline. So Windows 10 somehow has managed to affect the firewall's behaviour.

I've tried telling the firewall software (McAfee) that the printer's IP address is trustworthy (set Type to "Home") but that had no effect. So, in a nutshell, Windows 10 will only acknowledge teh printer as being online if I turn my firewall off completely.

Does anyone have a solution for this new diagnosis of the problem?

Peter Tyler, Nov 9, 2015
  3. anzpgh Win User
    Window 10 couldn't be installed Error Code 80070005

current system is Window 8.1. Tried to upgrade to Window 10 several times this week without success. The first attempt I think it asked me to turn off security software. So I turned off just the firewall, made no difference. Yesterday afternoon I turned
    off Realtime Shield, Web shield, and Firewall, tried the upgrade again. about 9 hours later, download was completed but couldn't be installed. ???

anzpgh, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Why registry? It's easy to do via Control Panel and should be something you only have to do once.

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2015
  5. omidsolo Win User
    omg, must be from registry, to prepare a huge .reg file for preparing tens of OEM pcs each week and configure them right after installation just with a single click.
    I don't know why most of my questions are answered by putting my question under another question!

omidsolo, Nov 9, 2015
  6. I use a command for it, because it is one of those things, that can not be done via registry.

netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off

Note, that you could disable Windows Firewall service via registry, but it would also cripple store.
    I used reg files as well, but batch files allow more commands, which are sometimes unavoidable.

You can use this to convert reg to bat: Reg Converter v1.0 Yogesh

TairikuOkami, Nov 9, 2015
  7. omidsolo Win User
    omidsolo, Nov 9, 2015
  8. Completely turn off Windows Firewall in Windows 10

Doesn't work for me through control panel. It just turns itself back on right away. I've tried it half a dozen times with the same result. It won't stay off. Got any other ideas?

nmharleyrider, Sep 22, 2016
  9. toffaste Win User
    I have the same problem, will post solution if I find one.

toffaste, Oct 10, 2016
  10. SteveMann Win User
    FYI - I am looking at the same issue and would appreciate any solution. I use Synergy to use a headless PC from my desktop and the Private profile has to be turned off to work, but it turns itself back on within seconds.

SteveMann, Oct 10, 2016
  11. toffaste Win User
    Found a fix. You need to disable the windows firewall service in services (services.msc) and restart your computer. *Smile

toffaste, Oct 11, 2016
  12. SteveMann Win User
    Yes, I know I can kill the firewall completely, but it's just the private profile that is causing my problem.

SteveMann, Oct 11, 2016
  13. Completely turn off Windows Firewall in Windows 10

Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

netsh advfirewall set PrivateProfile state off

That also disables Windows Updates and store app updates, so unless you update manually, I do not recommend it. *Nerd

TairikuOkami, Oct 11, 2016
  14. toffaste Win User
    Well, do you even bother if the firewall actually is on or not? Windows aint secure anyways lol

toffaste, Oct 11, 2016
  15. SteveMann Win User
    TairikuOkami - Thanks for the tip, but this is no different than using the Firewall settings to turn off the Private Firewall. Within seconds, Windows 10 turns it back on.

SteveMann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Completely turn off Windows Firewall in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Completely turn off

2. How to fix ""Turn on Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall is turned off. Tap or click to turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix ""Turn on Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall is turned off. Tap or click to turn...: I use an Dell Inspiron 15 3511, Windows 11 pro. About a week ago I reinstalled Malwarebytes privacy using Malwarebytes Support Tool ,because the program refused to open. During the process of reinstalling I accidently clicked “repair Windows Firewall”. Nothing major changed...
  3. How to fix ""Turn on Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall is turned off. Tap or click to turn...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix ""Turn on Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall is turned off. Tap or click to turn...: I use an Dell Inspiron 15 3511, Windows 11 pro. About a week ago I reinstalled Malwarebytes privacy using Malwarebytes Support Tool ,because the program refused to open. During the process of reinstalling I accidently clicked “repair Windows Firewall”. Nothing major changed...
  4. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  5. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  7. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  8. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off: Windows 10 Pro r1903 Recently recovered from failing hard disk. After data recovery (onto new hard drive), this computer could not been seen by others in the same network. I could not even ping it. Network discovery on.... the usual was checked. Then research says check the...
  9. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 16193, Windows Firewall has been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. Windows Defender Firewall is designed to help prevent hackers or malicious software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 turn firewall completly off

2. HOW TO TOTALLT TURN OFF WINDOWS 10 FIREWALL

3. how to completely turn off firewall to intall printer software

4. how to turn off windows 10 firewall completely