Windows 10: CompletyRandom Freezes and Pauses Windows 10version1709Build:16299.371

Discus and support CompletyRandom Freezes and Pauses Windows 10version1709Build:16299.371 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Alright, let me give you a rundown... Ever since I built my PC I've had a problem with it randomly restarting as if I had hit the reset button (note... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kronk, May 6, 2018.

1. Kronk Win User

CompletyRandom Freezes and Pauses Windows 10version1709Build:16299.371

Alright, let me give you a rundown...
    Ever since I built my PC I've had a problem with it randomly restarting as if I had hit the reset button (note that the mobo pins for the reset button are not being used). Initially I had assumed it was a drive error so, I purchased a Kingston 120 SSD and reinstalled windows to it, using the previous drive for mass storage. Well the issue persisted and now Ive begun having minute long "pauses". Where in, I am still able to move my mouse curser even select items in programs but windows seems to just stop processing stuff if it makes any sense. Then after a bit everything comes back to life. During these pauses programs like Discord and Spotify will continue streaming and voice chat oddly enough.
    Over a long period of time I've added RAM, Upgraded my GPU, added another 1tb drive, tried THREE different PSU's, swapped mobos, tried different power cords/outlets and reinstalled windows multiple times on the SSD. I've tried programs such as 'Memtest' and 'HDsentinel' and all results came back perfect. My temps are not high at all as I have more than adequate cooling.
    (Side Note: I find the pauses occur most often just after signing in)

:)

Kronk, May 6, 2018
Thema:

CompletyRandom Freezes and Pauses Windows 10version1709Build:16299.371

1. CompletyRandom Freezes and Pauses Windows 10version1709Build:16299.371 - Similar Threads - CompletyRandom Freezes Pauses

2. Freeze Or Pause My Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze Or Pause My Screen: Hello All!, So I was wondering if there is any possible way I can freeze or pause my screen for a few moments so I can trace an image on paper. Like putting my paper physically on my laptop screen and tracing it without the computer doing anything but just staying still while...
  3. Freeze Or Pause My Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze Or Pause My Screen: Hello All!, So I was wondering if there is any possible way I can freeze or pause my screen for a few moments so I can trace an image on paper. Like putting my paper physically on my laptop screen and tracing it without the computer doing anything but just staying still while...
  4. small pauses/freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    small pauses/freezes: im getting small pauses, lags like freezes every few seconds that last for a few seconds, its starting to make doing anything on my pc very hard, im not sure where to even start with this 170323
  5. File transfers pausing/freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transfers pausing/freezing: Whenever I transfer files from one drive to another, or to my network server, or even sometimes when I try to rename a file, the explorer pauses for an unusually long time. It's most noticeable when I transfer a batch of several large-ish files (300MB+/-) to my server. I have...
  6. File Transferring Pauses/Freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Transferring Pauses/Freezes: I'm moving a large file from an SSHDD to an SSD. It will either crawl at kbps speeds, go up to 50mbp and max out at 260 before coming to a screeching halt. I'll wait a few minutes and it will repeat the cycle. Also does this on smaller files too. Ryzen 9 3900x 32Gigs ram...
  7. Pause/Freeze time on windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pause/Freeze time on windows 10...: How to pause/freeze windows 10 time....for eg: I need the time and date to be frozen at August 15 12:00:00....The time should not move ...Is there any script or settings?...
  8. microsoft treasure hyunt pauses or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft treasure hyunt pauses or freezes: Treasure hunt has been freezing or pausing for up to 15 seconds lately. The mouse also pauses in that game but not in the Solitare games. It seems like the game is uploading each change in picture and each mouse action to the web and waiting for something before actioning...
  9. Window 10 16299 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 16299 update: What is the download size of window 10 16299 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-16299-update/c3a5a7e5-85b9-4e0b-9955-68201c30ec76
  10. Windows 10 update Issue, 16299

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update Issue, 16299: Current Version : Windows 10 Pro , 1709KB 16299 Error messages on updating Windows 10 (alreday tried Windows10upgrade9252.exe) Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x8007007e2018-05 2018-05 Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4134661)...